It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Not sure where this fits, but it sure makes sense to me
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Stolen from the saiga forum.

Question - based on the soon to be president and what that can mean to us, what are we all going to do to get ready?

NRA memberships renewed?
Ammo stockpiled?
Another gun to the collection?

some great suggestions many of us are thinking off or have done...if I may add another:

Inject new blood into our culture/sport/passion/belief.

We need to realize that the American public have been thoroughly convinced we are gun nuts. Think for a moment: we can't even talk about our latest rifle by the office water cooler without getting funny looks. mention AK or AR and they may start the HR paperwork. what we need to do is convince people why the 2nd ammendment is important. That we aren't gun nuts. we need to remove some of the lies and show them a Saiga isn't all that scary. we need to show people how fun our sport/passion is.

my suggestion?

Take someone out shooting. Don't show off your converted saiga 12 - Start with a 22. open it up for them and show that it's just plastic, metal and maybe wood. Show them it won't fire by itself. Show them guns aren't any scarier than a baseball bat or another inanimate tool. Show them your saiga. Show them how much smaller 7.62x39 is compared to a common hunting round. Show them why we like "assualt rifles" - it's not that we need 30 rounds to cause masacres - it's just fun! Explain the stupid clinton ban. explain that bad guys won't obey gun laws anyway.

You guys know the logic - share it. educate others. bring them to our side. if every gun owner converts just one more person to this - we have just doubled NRA membership. we have just doubled pro-gun voters. we have just reduced crime. and if zombies (be it the undead or the braindead) decide to attack - we now have another brother/sister in arms.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Not sure where this fits, but it sure makes sense to me
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:52 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
I've been doing this for awhile now. I've even converted some staunch Liberals to gun loving Liberals! lol ;-) I've also converted of couple of people who were once deathly afraid of guns into gun lovers and owners! Personally I get more satisfaction from showing people the joys of guns than I do from my every day job! There's nothing like the look on a newbie's face when they get there first few .22's down range. :wink: Especially when you give them a reactionary target to blow up!

R.I.P. Woody, I'm gonna miss ya.
One of the greatest guys I never got to meet in person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I have decided to become more politically active - in the past, I have trusted my elected officials. But now, with Pelosi :twisted: , Reid :twisted: and Obama :twisted: running the show with nobody to rein them in, I'm going to keep a close eye on what's happening. I have already made sure I have the addresses of my representitives (1 congress, 1 republican :D 2 senate, 1 rep :D and 1 dem :? ), signed up for their newsletters (and on the dem senator, I could check 3 areas of interest, so I checked gun control :wink: (helps me keep track of him :shock: ) - and I'll be very active in contacting them with my views (both for and against their stands) on all issues I have concern over ( and with the unholy trinity :evil: in Washington, that will be most everything :roll: )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:08 am 
Guru
Guru

drezac wrote:
I have decided to become more politically active - in the past, I have trusted my elected officials. But now, with Pelosi :twisted: , Reid :twisted: and Obama :twisted: running the show with nobody to rein them in, I'm going to keep a close eye on what's happening. I have already made sure I have the addresses of my representitives (1 congress, 1 republican :D 2 senate, 1 rep :D and 1 dem :? ), signed up for their newsletters (and on the dem senator, I could check 3 areas of interest, so I checked gun control :wink: (helps me keep track of him :shock: ) - and I'll be very active in contacting them with my views (both for and against their stands) on all issues I have concern over ( and with the unholy trinity :evil: in Washington, that will be most everything :roll: )

Way to go!!!! I have my Rep and 2 Senators in my address book along with some other Senators. I just hit Voice Dial and say, "Call, Bob Corker" or whoever.

Keep up the involvement!

My favorite number of the alphabet is purple.

You can't scare me. I have grandchildren!

The most ferocious fighting machine is a pissed-off 19 year-old Marine.

"Am fear nach gheidh na h-airm 'nam na sith, Cha bhi iad aige 'n am a chogaidli." - Gaelic Proverb ("Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.")

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:14 am 
Collector
Collector

I am working on a grass roots, feed the AK's organization. I have spread the word with my co-workers, and now 2 more AK's will be going to new adoptive homes. I know that thousands of AK's go hungry every day, and I am going to do my best to help feed them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
You guys are awesome. God Bless this site.
I think i will start an "Adopt an AR" program. :)

I too am up my reps ass's. Especially during the bullshit bailout!

http://www.grassfire.org/111/petition.a ... D=13511198

Obama is a big fan of keeping LEGAL guns out of inner cities from what i understand. Ofcourse, murder rates always skyrocket as a result.
One possible scenario is he does take all LEGAL guns out of the "inner-cities", and the homicide rate rise's until the people demand CHANGE!
A kinda 'Let nature take its course' kinda thing.

I pretty much stay in the woods.

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.
-Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:20 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

everyone I work with knows how I feel, and yes you do get the occasional odd look from some soccer mom who thinks the world is a perfect place, but I do my best to help them understand my views without sounding like a lunatic.
Keeping in touch with your legislators is a very good idea. At least you'll know your opinion was put out there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I still call my pinheads. .....but
Unfortunately, if our legislators listened to us, the Bailout would have never happened. I was up inside every one of my reps that week. The contact congress site had a warning at the top of the page stating that the site was 'experiencing high volumes of traffic, and jambed phone lines with people opposing the bailout. Please use the back up site to contact your reps.' Thats just a loose quote from memory. Nearly every method of contact was choked with volumes of Patriots voicing theyre opinions.

The point being, I never ran across a single person for the bailout. Not inperson, or via the net, or even on tv for that matter. Ofcourse, except for gov payroll people.

Infact, many Congressmen themselves were SCREAMING against the bailout and the dirty way it was progressing. (See youtube vids of cspan)
Economic experts (the ones that predicted the bank failures years in advance) where also against tax payer funded the bailout.

And for what??, the bailout was only approved after a few more shovel fulls of BS were thrown on for good measure.

That whole experience should show once and for all that WE CANNOT INFLUENCE ANYTHING OUR CONGRESS DOES.

Anyone who was awaiting the next "terroist" attack on US soil, you just seen it.

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:40 am 
Collector
Collector

327amc wrote:

That whole experience should show once and for all that WE CANNOT INFLUENCE ANYTHING OUR CONGRESS DOES.

Anyone who was awaiting the next "terroist" attack on US soil, you just seen it.

Agreed,...However I did speak to 1 out of many, who wanted the bailout. He is a elite (mega rich) investment banker. :?:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 pm 

327amc wrote:
I still call my pinheads. .....but ....

And for what??, the bailout was only approved after a few more shovel fulls of BS were thrown on for good measure.

I agree - I'm not sure how much the calls and mail will make a difference once the pork starts getting passed out (the bailout is a prime example) , but I'll sleep better knowing I tried..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:25 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I've basically taken the point of view that I cannot do anything to change the way our government controls our lives, so instead we've adopted the philosophy of doing what we can to make our own lives better and safer inspite of the government, be it bending a rule here or there to achieve our goals then so be it. virtually no politician has been accused of not bending rules to attain their goals. if my government bends rules to enforce it's policies then i'm going to be flexible enough to find a way to make that policy work for me and mine instead. sorry fellows, still a little bitter and disgruntled

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Well put krippp.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

krippp wrote:
I've basically taken the point of view that I cannot do anything to change the way our government controls our lives, so instead we've adopted the philosophy of doing what we can to make our own lives better and safer inspite of the government, be it bending a rule here or there to achieve our goals then so be it. virtually no politician has been accused of not bending rules to attain their goals. if my government bends rules to enforce it's policies then i'm going to be flexible enough to find a way to make that policy work for me and mine instead. sorry fellows, still a little bitter and disgruntled

Krippp everyone I know is still bitter and disgruntled, myself included. About all we can do is work with the system and find all of the legal loopholes we can in our favor. People are talking about secession, we know that will not happen and things will go on unless they get ignorant and try a house to house weapon confiscation.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

The BIG question, what will ya'll do in the event of a house to house weapons confiscation?

I know what i will do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:22 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I do not have to worry about it. Like I said, I sold all of my weapons face to face at a local flea market for cash. If they want to confiscate my compass and canteens and the such I guess I can live with it.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail