Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Heya!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 am 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Hi, I'm a HiPoint owner from the NW! I'm not new to guns or shooting, but am new to HiPoints!

I bought a HiPoint JHP from the Cabella's sale a couple of weeks ago and while I wouldn't recommend the purchasing experience I had with Cabella's, I would definitely recommend anyone purchase the JHP. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. I'm a member of one of the oldest pistol ranges in the Portland area and as such, we're stuck with 50' long shooting lanes. I was surprised (and delighted!) to see the JHP shooting decent groups at that distance right out of the box!

I've been seeing HP's at gun shows for years and have always been curious about them, especially when I hear mainly good things about them. So glad that I pulled the trigger (pun intended) and got one at a ridiculously low price.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Heya!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Welcome Senior Jalapeno!!!

Congrats on being the owner of a new .45 JHP! :great: :great:

Bunch of the guys here have that HP (and many others) lol

I think one of the guys posted on that sale and it was a heck of a deal!!!
Glad you took them up on it!

Just something many have found to make them run smoother...
Load the mags full and have them set for a week
If the slide feels gritty, remove/clean/re-lube/re-assemble

Is this you first HP?

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Ex_ISP wrote:
Welcome Senior Jalapeno!!!

Is this you first HP?

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, first HiPoint. Got it for $129, can't go wrong there :)

I'm about 300 rounds into it and have been throwing different brands of ammo through it during break in just to see what works and what doesn't, and I've been happy to find that most works great! The only "issue" I've had so far is with TullAmmo steel cased, and that's just been bringing the first round into battery. If I load 9 in the mag the first one (and only the first) chokes. If I load 8, it runs fine. Obviously more of a mag issue of some sort. Or maybe a limp wristing issue with it, because while I usually don't limp wrist a slide -- well, the JHP slide's a bit more of a bear than what I'm used to. But honestly, not an issue I really care about. I expect it will go away in time and if not, I can live my life without TullAmmo.

I bought this as a range toy, but after working with I'm thinking it may replace an old revolver I have as a backwoods gun.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Welcome to the forum. The mags can be still while new, like Ex said, load them up full and let them sit and that helps break the springs in and they generally feed better sooner. Cant hurt to try.

We are a pretty laid back group, more like a bunch of old farts sitting around the campfire telling stories (with a few young whippersnappers thrown in the mix) Sometimes we squabble like any family, if someone says something that offends you let them know and most of us will work to not do it again.

Hope you enjoy it here, we are a small group but we have fun.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I know there's better guns out there Fritos, but my Hi Points are my go to firearms. When I miss a shot at a critter where it doesn't belong, it's always with a gun other than a Hi Point. Then I say "I should have grabbed the C9", or "I wouldn't have missed with the 995". You think you like the handgun...just wait until you shoot their carbines.
Oh yea... welcome aboard!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:02 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
:welcome: from Nebraska
Hope you like it here :great:

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:48 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Thanks for the welcome!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. Glad ya found us and looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

No topic is out of bounds and many get off track.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:47 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

:welcome: from Iowaaah!

Laid back, laid up, you decide.

A gritty slide seems to be normal with HiPoint, they don't seem to clean the manufacturing muck out before sending them out. On my C9 I just used a .22 brass brush in a drill motor and ran it in and out of the slide spring channel many times. Both in forwards and reverse. Now the slide racks cleanly and smoothly. Don't get me wrong, it is still a rough and tumble firearm and always will be. But before the cleaning it would wake the dead with it's noise and feel. Now, not even a 1/16th as bad. :dunno:

If the slide hasn't had manufacturing tweaks there is a good possibility that the pin removal slot on the slide does not line up with the pin that holds the slide on without zipotying the slide back or using some fancy finger calisthenics in order to place the punch, hold the slide, and whack it with a hammer all at once. The pitfalls of an inexpensive gun. My crude yet effective solution was remove the slide and dremel the snot out of the slide slot. A sharp file works too. I didn't have a sharp file of the appropriate size but I had my dremel. It ain't pretty but it is effective. Now the pin can be removed with the slide locked back. A dab of black and it isn't all that noticeable.

I also had an issue with my c9 pinching my fat finger between the trigger and the guard. Here I used some jewelers files, varying grades of sandpaper and some polishing compound to shorten the trigger, smooth the inside of the trigger guard and generally go over all the parting seams on the plastic smoothing everything down and blending it all together better. I also took the squareness off the front of the guard because that's not how I hold the pistola. It just annoyed me. I'd post pics but PB stole all my pictures and I haven't had the inclination to upload them all to another hosting site.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Randy, tell the truth... You are in Ohiowa! ;)

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Ex_ISP wrote:
Randy, tell the truth... You are in Ohiowa! ;)
You really need to look at a map buddy.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:19 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Well partly right, my wife IS from Ohio. But I'm from The Showme state...Missery. :thinkin: I guess that makes it OhMiseraaah. :whistle: :dunno: :groan: :neutral:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail