Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New guy from central PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:40 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Hi guys I new to the hi point world. I just purchased jhp .45 for me and a c9 for my future wife. So far they have been great guns. These are our first pistols. I own a variety of other guns for hunting purposes though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New guy from central PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions about your new Hi Points, just ask away.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:02 pm 

The only thing I would like to change on mine is the trigger and the grips.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Hi Point has a whole world of its own? Wow, I thought just having a forum or two was huge!
jphat wrote:
Hi guys I new to the hi point world.

Good for you, the .45 is fun to shoot. The C9 is okay -- can she rack the slide without straining?
Quote:
I just purchased jhp .45 for me and a c9 for my future wife. So far they have been great guns.

They may be the first but they shouldn't be alone for long.
Quote:
These are our first pistols. I own a variety of other guns for hunting purposes though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 pm 

She has a little trouble with the slide but she is starting to get the hang of it. I even gets me sometimes lol. I shot the c9 today and I'm not as big of a fan of it as I am my .45. Everyone was telling me I was gonna have FTF problems but I ran a steel cases and a brass cases today an had no problems. I was also wondering has anyone had any experience with hollow points in these guns. I'm just wondering because may dad has some boxes laying around and have heard some people say not to run them in these guns. You are right they won't be alone for long I think I may be buying a judge next just for playing around at the cabin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
As far as the ammo, try it out... either it will feed or it wont. If your pistols are new, they are not broke in yet and the slides will get easier to pull back as you get more rounds through the pistols. You can also retry any ammo that may not feed well right now after you get 500 rds or so through the pistols.

I have a Taurus Judge Tracker with the 6 1/2 inch barrel and I have a lot of fun shooting it.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:06 pm 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Congrats on your first pair of zamac wonder weapons and welcome to HPT!

Oct 7 ,1944 Lt Urban Drew of the 361st FG (Yellowjackets) flying P-51D Detroit Miss downs two Me-262 jet fighters in single dogfight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm 

I polished the feed ramp on my .45 today now hopefully it stops snowing soon so I can get out and see how it feeds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:05 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
jphat wrote:
I polished the feed ramp on my .45 today now hopefully it stops snowing soon so I can get out and see how it feeds.

Confused. :? What's snow got to do with it? :dunno: It's a Hi-point if that's what you are worried about. They don't rust.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:45 pm 

Randy wrote:
jphat wrote:

Confused. :? What's snow got to do with it? :dunno: It's a Hi-point if that's what you are worried about. They don't rust.

The snow is a little to deep to get back to where I shoot at. I don't own a truck just front wheels drive cars.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
:wow: :shock: snow country with no truck?? :roll: :lol: :lol: :mdr:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail