Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to the Hi Point family
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:27 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I'm new to Hi Point but not to firearms (30+ years)
I was a snob toward Hi Point for a long time till I did a friend a favor and traded him for one. He was in a bind and I wanted to help him out. Now I feel completely different about them now that I finally got to try one. I'm still not a big fan of striker fired handguns but I have to say this C9 is a sweet handgun, 1000 % better than any block (sorry glock lovers Ill never ever own another one)
If I understand the warranty even though I'm not the original owner I can still send it in for any problems? I'm asking to make sure Haves fired it much only 3 mags so far and only did the mag feed lips and it runs prefect. I plan on much more shooting very soon.

Just wanted to say HI POINT has another convert LOL :party: :minigun:

Thought Id show her off now that I know how to add pics

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Last edited by night dragon on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:44 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Glad you joined the club and welcome from Minnesota.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to the Hi Point family
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:26 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Yep, warranty carries with the pistol, not the owner so it's still valid! Welcome to
the forum and thanks for checkin' in!

Shoot it a bunch more and have some fun!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Welcome to the forum... Hi Point has one of the best warranties in the industry, shoot your pistol with confidence that if it ever breaks it will be repaired free of charge. You pay to ship it to them and they have usually included an extra mag when returning the firearms to make up for that expense. A really good company to deal with.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
About time you found your way here.
night dragon wrote:
I'm new to Hi Point but not to firearms (30+ years)

Was means you're okay now?
Quote:
I was a snob

Sometimes a favor for others works out in your favor.
Quote:
toward Hi Point for a long time till I did a friend a favor and traded him for one. He was in a bind and I wanted to help him out.

No surprise.
Quote:
Now I feel completely different about them now that I finally got to try one.

I can understand your position. Get a carbine -- I think their best models are the carbines.
Quote:
I'm still not a big fan of striker fired handguns but I have to say this C9 is a sweet handgun, 1000 % better than any block (sorry glock lovers Ill never ever own another one)

Warranty is good; I once bought a carbine somebody else had modified and HP fixed it up like new - all it cost me was shipping to them.
Quote:
If I understand the warranty even though I'm not the original owner I can still send it in for any problems? I'm asking to make sure Haves fired it much only 3 mags so far and only did the mag feed lips and it runs prefect. I plan on much more shooting very soon.

Just wanted to say HI POINT has another convert LOL :party: :minigun:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
:welcome: Welcome to the forum. I own the TS995 Hi Point. Now that you know how great Hi Point is you might like a carbine too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
:welcome: night dragon - Welcome!! - I see you've met amp!! :welcome:

Glad you joined us!!

Jump right in wherever you want!

I have a JHP Hi-Point - the 45 - and I love it.

I shoot the hell out of it...
So much that I think I'll be sending it in soon to check that warranty out for myself!! :D

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:40 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Not sure where to post this but I have a $400+ Pioneer head unit and Rockford Fosgate amp Ill trade for a good 995TS with accesories and extra mags and some 10 round mags for the C9.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

night dragon wrote:
Not sure where to post this but I have a $400+ Pioneer head unit and Rockford Fosgate amp Ill trade for a good 995TS with accesories and extra mags and some 10 round mags for the C9.

Go here and post a WTT (want to trade) post

viewforum.php?f=8

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:55 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

waltham41 wrote:
night dragon wrote:

Go here and post a WTT (want to trade) post

viewforum.php?f=8

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:03 pm 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Hello and welcome from far southern Indiana!

Oct 7 ,1944 Lt Urban Drew of the 361st FG (Yellowjackets) flying P-51D Detroit Miss downs two Me-262 jet fighters in single dogfight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:38 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Finaly got to do some sreious testing today. Ran 300 rounds of 115gr fmj and not a single problem at all. My stance on Hi point has completly changed for the better. All I did was make sure I did the work on the mag lips and lubed it where it was needed, every pull of the trigger and it went BANG. Side note for a laugh, where I went there was a few guys with their BLOCKS and they all made fun of my Hi Point, but in the end I was the only one that didnt have a problem with FTE or FTF so In the end I was the one laughing :roflol: at them and feeling good my Hi Point out preformed them all. YAY FOR HI POINT!!!!!! :minigun: Just wish I had more mags LOL soon hopefully

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

night dragon wrote:
Finaly got to do some sreious testing today. Ran 300 rounds of 115gr fmj and not a single problem at all. My stance on Hi point has completly changed for the better. All I did was make sure I did the work on the mag lips and lubed it where it was needed, every pull of the trigger and it went BANG. Side note for a laugh, where I went there was a few guys with their BLOCKS and they all made fun of my Hi Point, but in the end I was the only one that didnt have a problem with FTE or FTF so In the end I was the one laughing :roflol: at them and feeling good my Hi Point out preformed them all. YAY FOR HI POINT!!!!!! :minigun: Just wish I had more mags LOL soon hopefully

I'm very happy to say that this is not the first time I have heard this exact same story..... way to go Hi Point!!!!!

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Thanks for the reply waltham41. I was wondering if you would mind if I used the saying you have at the bottom of your posts, I appretiate seeing people who understand what a vet truly is and has done. Im and Air Force vet myself, Combat Control Team Scarlet Beret, and my father was US Army, Anti Tank WWII.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Please help yourself, and thank you and your father for both of your service's. I was in the army in armor myself.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail