Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What is the going price for...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
What is the going price for a nice used original 995 in 9mm today?

I am interested in purchacing one and am not sure how much to pay. One has been offered to me at $350 with the ATi stock and a mil dot sight. Good or bad?

I am definitely going to purchase one. That is why I joined this forum. Seems like a lot of good info here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What is the going price for...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I'm not sire what they are going for, but that doesn't seem unreasonable for having the ATI stock
Does it come with the original stock?
Welcome to the forum

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Different locations have different prices, where I am they go for $300 just for a used 995 monkey gun (old style stock)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm 

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately no orginal stsock is avaliable. From what I gather I may have a problem if I have a warranty problem without the original stock. I am looking for an original stock. Actually I don't think they are that ugly, but I guess I am in the minority on that. Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

If you get the carbine, call Hi Point... they will either give you a stock or sell you one.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:14 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
acesover wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately no orginal stsock is avaliable. From what I gather I may have a problem if I have a warranty problem without the original stock. I am looking for an original stock. Actually I don't think they are that ugly, but I guess I am in the minority on that. Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Do what Waltham suggested, call the factory, tell them you would like to obtain an old style stock, and see what they say.

Another option would be to try trading with someone that wants an ATI stock, or possibly getting the classic stock from someone that has upgraded to the TS stock.

I saw a classic 995 for $250 a few weeks ago, in Provo Utah, but I've been hearing much higher prices all over.

As sad as it is, that $350 might be a good price these days. ;)

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 am 

Long stpory short. I purchsed it. shot it Sunday. Put 50 rounds through it without a hic cup. Decent accuracy. Able to hit pie plates out at 100 yards from a rest with scope shot after shot. Only have one magazine right now. Looking for extra magazines and still looking for another stock. Actually looking for any parts for it. Compensator, anything at all.

Only drawback is the 10 round capacity and with the ATI stock accessing the mag release is a chore. But all in a a fun gun and so far reliable as I fed it a mixture of ammo, reloads, hollow points some of the reloads were lead. As I said not a chccup fired 100 %. Must be an earlhy model as the bolt does not stay open after the final round.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
acesover wrote:
Looking for extra magazines and still looking for another stock. Actually looking for any parts for it. Compensator, anything at all.

Here is the website

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/carbines/9mmC.htm

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

to clarify what Tom said, the 995 did not get the LRBHO feature until they came out with the TS stock model.... The 4095 and 4595 carbines have always had the feature.

You cannot find a cheaper place to order parts for the gun besides Hi Point directly, and they pay the shipping. The prices you see on their site is what you will pay. AND, if you order more than 100 bucks in parts, you get a free Hi Point t shirt :)

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail