Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discrimination and prejudice!
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 am 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
This happened a couple years ago, but I just came across now. Has anyone seen it? To say it's ignorant and rude would be an understatement.

Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvr6kDqe ... ata_player

Thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Discrimination and prejudice!
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:04 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Some people think that any gun they don't own is a piece of crap
Some people think that if you didn't spend over $600 on a gun it's crap
Some people are ignorant
Some people are stupid
Gun snobs are among the most irritating people out there, right there with the "go look it up yourself instead of asking gun questions on a gun forum" guys.

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:24 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

The world is full of stupid people.

As a point of interest:

My son took a security course a few years ago in Arizona. He used his FEG PA-63 on range day and most of the mall-ninja wannabes had Glocks. They made a bit of fun of him for not carrying a Glock like all the cool guys but he went ahead and shot better than all but one guy in the class ( he told me the one that outshot him didn't make fun of his choice)

Only one pistol malfed that day and it was one of the Glocks.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
You cant fix stupid, and that goes for gun snobs too. Im sad to say that I was that way about Hi Points until I actually shot one... I had up to that time just spouted what I had heard.

I now keep an open mind about any weapon and make my own mind up about them, not what others say.

Quick fact, the guys that made the 10mm Hi Point carbine and pistol started out on youtube trashing Hi Points and telling everybody they were cheap POS's and tried to prove it by destroying one... they now have changed their attitude and will admit that Hi Points are not as bad as they assumed they were :)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Just to set the record straight I am a card toting gun snob. I don't like Glucks and I'm not all that thrilled with most plastic guns period. The one good thing about plastic is it doesn't rust. But SS is very rust resistant also so I'll choose that material over plastic almost every time. Of course the caveat to this is that I've never actually shot a Gluck other than in a simulation machine and I didn't like the grip angle. Still, the reason I don't like them is because everybody else does. :whistle:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

So Randy, you keep bashing glocks and plastic while at the same time, saying you haven't shot one except at the "simulation".

Couple comments I have on Glock grips. I have a fairly big hand. I have a g20 (full size) and a g29 sf. And a g22 sf.

The sf (small fame) holds as many round as the full sized frame.

I do NOT care much for the grip on the G20. It's too damn big. My g22 sf has a grip that almost fells like my 1911!

If you bash Glocks with no experience then you are doing the same thing as HP bashers with no experience. I don't think you
should bash any kind of equipment or for that matter person without being directly familiar with it (them). My bet is that the
"sim" frame you held was full size. You need to try some other frame options to be fair to yourself.

My g22 sf (high mileage police trade in) has become my favorite pistol to shoot. I have several wheel guns with triggers
so sweet honey doesn't stick to them! But that G22 (full size frame with small grip) has become my baby!

Too bad we don't live closer! ;)

Edited
Reason: To make sense! hahhahaha :run:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

Last edited by Ex_ISP on Tue May 28, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:54 am 
Collector
Collector

Cornhusker wrote:
Gun snobs are among the most irritating people out there, right there with the "go look it up yourself instead of asking gun questions on a gun forum" guys.

I agree COMPLETELY, and I'm glad you brought that up. Because for a good while there, I thought I was doing something wrong if I actually had to ask a question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:39 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
The best shooting rifle I own is a hi point. Maybe length of pull, weight, trigger, or all of the above. By best I mean reproducible. My AR15 shoots well, but I get a larger group with it. The TS 995 doesn't go out as far as the AR, but at 50 yards standing, off hand, I can easily make a 3" group. I can't do that with my AR or Savage 17HMR. 3" group at 50 years covers my little piece of paradise and that bad news for anyone too nosey.

The most fun gun at the range is a little Phoenix Arms 22lr. At pistol distance it's plenty accurate too. It's not as tight a groups as my 1911 or SR9c, but it's not nearly as expensive to run and if I were teaching a beginner the much snappier calibers keep them from learning the basics.

Funny, I have a few pricey guns; but the ones I like to shoot the most are HP and Phoenix Arms.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm 
Collector
Collector

New2, I assume your Savage is a model 93 with Accutrigger? If you really can't do better than 3" @ 50 yards with it, there is definitely something wrong with the rifle. Worth getting it checked out, because my stock 93 in 22WMR is one of the most accurate midrange guns I've ever shot. With a 3-9 scope I can shoot nickels at 50 yards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Use pennies - it'll save you 4 cents per shot. :opinion:
Thegrossmaster wrote:
New2, I assume your Savage is a model 93 with Accutrigger? If you really can't do better than 3" @ 50 yards with it, there is definitely something wrong with the rifle. Worth getting it checked out, because my stock 93 in 22WMR is one of the most accurate midrange guns I've ever shot. With a 3-9 scope I can shoot nickels at 50 yards.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Ex_ISP wrote:
So Randy, you keep bashing glocks and plastic while at the same time, saying you haven't shot one except at the "simulation".

Couple comments I have on Glock grips. I have a fairly big hand. I have a g20 (full size) and a g29 sf. And a g22 sf.

The sf (small fame) holds as many round as the full sized frame.

I do NOT care much for the grip on the G20. It's too damn big. My g22 sf has a grip that almost fells like my 1911!

If you bash Glocks with no experience then you are doing the same thing as HP bashers with no experience. I don't think you
should bash any kind of equipment or for that matter person without being directly familiar with it (them). My bet is that the
"sim" frame you held was full size. You need to try some other frame options to be fair to yourself.

My g22 sf (high mileage police trade in) has become my favorite pistol to shoot. I have several wheel guns with triggers
so sweet honey doesn't stick to them! But that G22 (full size frame with small grip) has become my baby!

Too bad we don't live closer! ;)

Edited
Reason: To make sense! hahhahaha :run:

Yeah, yeah, The Glock owners prayer I just made up>>>

Now I have a Glock to keep, as I lay me down to sleep, If I should fight before I wake, the Glock I hope a life will take. :hmmm: :funny:

ANNYway, Moving right along....The sim gun was a real gun that had been modified to work with air pressure controlled by the computer simulation which was projected against the wall in full size and semi surround. I believe it was a 9mm or sum such. I just didn't like the grip angle was all. Every time I went to point at the perp I was pointing the barrel at the ceiling. 'Sides, the post was in jest. I don't not like Glocks enough to bad mouth them, I just don't for the reason I mentioned in the last sentence. :whistle: ;)

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Yeah but I still have to harass you! Isn't that what friends do for each other? ;)

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Randy the Glock has the European angle to the grip, similar to the Luger. I am lucky in that the Luger and Glocks are natural aimers for me so they are a good gun for me.

Everyones results will vary. That is why we have so many different types of guns, so there is one out there for everybody :)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

My reaction time is getting slower, back in school and can't get a program to download and install correctly so that is taking a lot of time.

Ex_ISP wrote:
Yeah but I still have to harass you! Isn't that what friends do for each other? ;)

Of course! Keep doing me..... err, that didn't sound right! :oops: :x :shock: :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:34 pm 
Collector
Collector

waltham41 wrote:
Randy the Glock has the European angle to the grip, similar to the Luger. I am lucky in that the Luger and Glocks are natural aimers for me so they are a good gun for me.

Anyone ever do the "grip a pencil a point your finger" thing? The the pencil and your grip is naturally angled (Glock like) rather than vertical (1911 like). Thats supposedly how Glock came up with their grip angle. I just dont understand it when people say the "European angle" doesn't point naturally for them... just seems like the "human angle" to me :dunno:

Profile E-mail