Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4595 Frame wear.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:06 am 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I picked up A used 4595 a couple weeks back.It needed cleaned pretty bad so I stripped it down.When I looked under the slide I saw a groove wore into the frame.I looked at the bottom of the slide and saw nothing that would have caused this odd wear problem.So I guess my question is does this happen a lot or was a piece of something stuck under the slide or what could have happened.The original owner passed away so I have no way of knowing if he sent it in to be fixed or what is up with it.If the problem is fixed fine but that much wear on a carbine that has seen little use is not good.Thanks for any help you may have.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 4595 Frame wear.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 am 
Guru
Guru

Post up a pic for me and I can help you out. Or be as specific as you can as to where on the frame it actually is. If it is right above the trigger , then my guess is that the slide may be "rocking" back and forth and rubbing. As long as it isn't really deep scoring it will be fine. If it looks too bad, I would recommend sending it in to have it checked out.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
A picture is worth a thousand words.

God Bless, Scott

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:30 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

I will strip it down later and try to send pic.But my guess is the slide is rocking as mentioned above.However I see no wear on the slide.So I hope to post pic later.Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:47 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/eddie56 ... d.jpg.html

I need to explain the wear is on the slide not the frame as I stated above.A friend of mine looked at it and said I worry way to much.What do you think.The carbine runs great not a single problem.The more I look at it the better I think it is built.

Sorry for bad pic.Tried to use a light but it blurred the shot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:30 pm 
Guru
Guru

Relax, that is not wear, that is where the channel of the insert was "buffed" to remove the paint from the insert.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

There is a small dip wore in on left side of fireing pin.Right side in pic.The pic is so bad you can't really see it.But I found what caused it.There is a pin in the frame.On the one side of the pin the frame sits higher than on the other.A fine file will take it down and there won't be any more wear.Thanks for taking time to reply.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:10 pm 
Guru
Guru

Was it the pin that comes down through the ejector keys by chance? Sometimes there is a little flashing from the pin being installed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:35 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Yes part #22 on the paper the send with carbine.By the way I am from Ohio to.Close to Kimbolton.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:32 pm 
Guru
Guru

At first I thought you were talking about the spot on the side. My fault, I should have asked for more information.

Profile E-mail