All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Loaded mags?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:49 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Yea, I know... party pooper! ;)

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I was told by a commercial door guy that all springs have a duty cycle. So I had a role up door on the back of one of my trucks last over 10 years because I didn't role it up all the way. On the last truck I bought, I had a custom role up door put on the side. In order to get in and out the side, I had to role it up all the way. It lasted 4 years before it broke. I had the box swapped to a new chassis a couple years ago, replaced the side door spring again. The back door still has the original spring. Not scientific but I'm cheap. What does a Hi Point magazine cost. Maybe I'm being too cheap...Or stupid. I let my friends shoot my ammo, but don't want to spend $12 for a new magazine. This topic is kinda like asking what kind of oil to use at a motorcycle forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:51 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
All of my firearms are loaded, with the exception of the Mosin's. All of the handguns have a round chambered, safety off and ready to go. With it being just the wife and I here, if she's next to me in the bed then whomever is in there tripping over my seven dogs will be on the receiving end of either a 9mm or a .38SPL JHP, depending on whether me or the wife gets a shot first. The AR's and AK and my .308 have magazines full but no round chambered.

I messed up here last labor day and set out an ammo can with over 600 rounds of my 9mm reloads in it. The son asked me to help swap the brake pads on the rear of his girlfriends car, which ran into needed to get a rotor from the parts store about 25 miles from here. I forgot to go get the can of 9mm...when we got back, stepson came walking up with the empty can, said "We need more 9mm", I told him "Walmart's in Piedmont, see ya..."

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:22 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

OUCH! He burned the whole can without asking/receiving permission? If I were not in the absolute best of moods and that happened here, he might need dental work too!
Bless your patience Mo!!!

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:37 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
It wasn't just him, my step-daughter and her "life-partner" (I have NO clue as to how to refer to the other person in a same-sex marriage, just FYI) had a new 9mm pistol, they had a Kahr already, and I was so busy that day with the breaks that I never even got to see what their new one was. The thing is, that after they got a little familiarized with the new pistol, they got to just hosing lead downrange, shooting idiotically like gang-bangers with the pistol held on its side, and firing two pistols at once, which I found out after everyone was gone and saw their ignorant video's they posted. My 21' pistol target stand is made out of rough-cut 2x4's and is large enough to mount a full sized silhouette target on with about 8" on either side, and a lot of their shots were into the frame or scraped the outside, which just irks me as they weren't trying to be better shots, they were just burning up my ammo. Needless to say, all shooters involved were read the riot act and told that while they were welcome to use my range, that they could furnish their own ammo or reimburse me $10 per 50 rounds, and any damage to the target frames would incur a $25 charge for me to rebuild them. Also, no one is allowed to use the range unless I am physically present as safety officer.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Sounds like the exactly appropriate riot act! :thumbsup:

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:12 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
I was told by a commercial door guy that all springs have a duty cycle. So I had a role up door on the back of one of my trucks last over 10 years because I didn't role it up all the way. On the last truck I bought, I had a custom role up door put on the side. In order to get in and out the side, I had to role it up all the way. It lasted 4 years before it broke. I had the box swapped to a new chassis a couple years ago, replaced the side door spring again. The back door still has the original spring. Not scientific but I'm cheap. What does a Hi Point magazine cost. Maybe I'm being too cheap...Or stupid. I let my friends shoot my ammo, but don't want to spend $12 for a new magazine. This topic is kinda like asking what kind of oil to use at a motorcycle forum.

I use the honey colored stuff in my Harley.... :whistle: 20w50 Kendal when I can find it local, otherwise I use diesel oil 15w40.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

mogunner wrote:
It wasn't just him, my step-daughter and her "life-partner" (I have NO clue as to how to refer to the other person in a same-sex marriage, just FYI) had a new 9mm pistol, they had a Kahr already, and I was so busy that day with the breaks that I never even got to see what their new one was. The thing is, that after they got a little familiarized with the new pistol, they got to just hosing lead downrange, shooting idiotically like gang-bangers with the pistol held on its side, and firing two pistols at once, which I found out after everyone was gone and saw their ignorant video's they posted. My 21' pistol target stand is made out of rough-cut 2x4's and is large enough to mount a full sized silhouette target on with about 8" on either side, and a lot of their shots were into the frame or scraped the outside, which just irks me as they weren't trying to be better shots, they were just burning up my ammo. Needless to say, all shooters involved were read the riot act and told that while they were welcome to use my range, that they could furnish their own ammo or reimburse me $10 per 50 rounds, and any damage to the target frames would incur a $25 charge for me to rebuild them. Also, no one is allowed to use the range unless I am physically present as safety officer.

That's not even close to warm...that's downright hotass wrong! Without permission AND while you were working on THEIR shit!!??? I think Ida banned them from the range for this entire next summer!

I hate having to be PC... :roll: it's hard!

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Loaded mags?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:48 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Well, it's settled. Mags are loaded. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:25 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

If you are so inclined, switch mags every month or two. Otherwise, I'd not give it a second thought!

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson