Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HP Almost ready to roll out the Red Ball 20 round 45 mags
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
20 rounds of .45 ACP that will also fit the JHP. Double in to single stack. Waiting on the final round of testing before release.
No word about the 4095/JCP version, but they say that it's only logical to create them once the .45 mags are vetted.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HP Almost ready to roll out the Red Ball 20 round 45 mags
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:35 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Anxious to see how that works, and it actually, almost looks good :great:

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not as interested in the RB mags as I am the HTA bull pup stock, but if they get that stock out and approved by HP and the RB mags run well in it I might be convinced to pick up a few and pup a 4595.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:44 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I have a few 4595, and a few JHP all have the thing mister mag catch. So do I change back or keep them compatible with the 1911 then the bullpup is another thing to consider

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I have an extra drum that I have not ran, might need lip tweaks tho... got it lightly used from an hpff'er that would be a good project for you m00nerZ :D The 3 drums that I have test fired in the 4595 have all ran acceptably well. I have 4 total. I'd keep the TMF ones as-is.

Politicians = MANY BLOODSUCKERS!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:25 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Thanks for this Rach!!! I'd only seen the one with the dog-leg in it. This looks a LOT better!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:42 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ex_ISP wrote:
Thanks for this Rach!!! I'd only seen the one with the dog-leg in it. This looks a LOT better!

Tapered 9mm cases vs "straight" wall .45 ACP. The funny part is the original post on FB had HP saying "20 rounds of single-stack .45ACP."

Well that portion got deleted and now it says double in to single stack. When I took their stock photo and did proportional measurements, it's damn near long enough to be a straight up 20 round single stack. Makes me wonder what sort of shenanigans they've got going on with the follower, and if that's why it has taken them so long to get to market. Hell, they're still testing them right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Has anyone used one of these in a Hi Point carbine? Ive got one that I just got for a 1911 and its going to need some tinkering with but it has possibilities.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-164 ... -drum.aspx

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:11 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

waltham41 wrote:
Has anyone used one of these in a Hi Point carbine? Ive got one that I just got for a 1911 and its going to need some tinkering with but it has possibilities.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-164 ... -drum.aspx

Underground has a couple for his 4595 and JHP if I'm not mistaken. Purchased a few Thingmeister mag catches for the HP to convert them to use 1911 mags.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the follower can push everything from a double stack into a single stack to the last round. :shock: :dunno:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:32 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Randy wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the follower can push everything from a double stack into a single stack to the last round. :shock: :dunno:

I've seen one, posted on the other forum, about an old firearm that had a double to single follower. It had a second single width follower and spring sitting in a little groove on top of a double wide follower and spring, and it all collapsed down to a single follower when fully loaded.

Personally, I assumed they were going with a slightly wider staggered stack mag body...but HP says 2 in to 1. They originally listed it as a single stack before someone came back and edited that out. I even did the perspective measurement on their own photo, and the mag is long enough to be a single stack.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:59 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Randy I have a couple of quad to double stack AR mags. if they work they work, that's what matters ;)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:05 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Randy wrote:

I don't know why it would be any different than a double stack mag funneling one at a time into a feed ramp. As long as the rounds stay oriented facing forward they should head up into the single stack portion just fine.

What I don't understand is how they deal with all spring if it's a single stack 20. Where are they hiding the extra coils.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

In order to go from two to one I can see the description Rach gave as a viable solution although I can also see the troubles it could possibly cause.

The question posed by George can be explained (I think) by the use of tapered springs for the second problem but the first problem would be explained by Rach's explanation of a second follower moving independently up the single stack to finish the final 8 rounds which is all the mag well of a Hipoint will allow inside it.

In regards to the second problem, I have seen many different types of springs that nest inside itself. It (spring) can be built to provide consistent pressure by increasing the coil density on the small end. More coils = consistent pressure over a longer distance as opposed to thicker wire equaling more pressure to start with. Think of a plate server at a restaurant, the spring only allows a couple plates to show regardless of the weight of the entire stack of plates. The same principle (only different).

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail