Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: another 100 rounds through the ol c9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
well judgin by this subforum seems like nobody else is shooting their hipoints :huh: :minigun: i put 50 through her monday and another 100 today of some WWB ammo (why is alot of people against this stuff now, and from what i heard hipoint advises against it "voids warranty") but anyways since monday was my first day back in the Pistol game after a 7-8 month break my grouping was low and about 6-8" under semi rapidfire at 8 yards.. got bored and did a feed ramp polish on my gun which i posted pictures of in the hipoint general discussion area.. but it still feeds perfect. didnt get pictures of my targets but it seems i finally got my rear sights adjusted. fast target aqcuistion between 2 targets with good grouping today. will try to squeeze off a few more rounds this week. one question tho... it may be my grip on the gun itself. and it was doing this before i disassembled gun. but mag is dropping out every once in a while.. alot after last round so i get no slide lock back since mag drops soon? just drops down an 1/8" while shooting and i can feel the difference and always slap it back in and continue firing without failures... so good practice i guess got to make sure i keep my grip away from the mag release....

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: another 100 rounds through the ol c9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
It's too freaking cold, and snowy!

And the WWB, especially in the 100 round box, is a problem as it seems to be all over the place in regards to OAL, making it feed poorly in some guns.

Also, on the other site there is a LONG thread about it, a few guys have had squibs with WWB, IIRC one guy even blew up a gun that way...between Mom's statements and that sort of thing, I prefer to use something else, especially as other stuff is actually cheaper these days.

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:14 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

i completely understand with teh 100round boxes as theyre not seperated at all just bouncing around my dad bought these 2 50round boxes for me.. i was actually gonna use cheap Tulammo but walmart was out... it did just fine out of my c9 i know ive put atleast 200rounds of it through before. appreciate the heads up. but ive only been on the other site like once or twice

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Drift, the bulk is a get what you pay for with WWB. You could get a good batch or a bad one. You could get some low velocity (causes squibs) or visual defects (dings on the casings). it's a crap shoot with them. If you are careful and alert, they could work for you well. Just don't rapid fire with them.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
I am not aware that shooting WWB voids the warranty in Hi Point weapons..... can anybody verify this?

Hell, I didnt think shooting reloads even will void the warranty.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:46 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

i didnt believe it either waltham.. read that one of the 2 times ive ventured to the other forum... so take that with a grain of salt

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I don't know about the warranty issue but I doubt it. The only place I've seen the hand-wringing :scared: is on the other forum. Then there's the fact that of the thousands and thousands of shooters in the world there's only a few really that hang out on these two forums and I'm sure at least a fair amount of them shoot WWB without issues. And my guess is Winchester put's at least 100k +- out the door each week. I'm not convinced that the one KB was the bullets fault. And the HP took the case rupture in stride. Could injuries have happened...sure. I've heard of ppl slipping on the porch steps and killing themselves ...are we gonna ban porch steps? :thinkin: Doo-doo occurs!
WWB (100pk) and Blazer alum. plus some reloads is all I've put though my c9 (just over 250 now). Feeds well, no problems with any store bought stuff. One squib with a reload. No big thing. Tapped the bullet out, ran a dry brass through and kept on shootin. I'm all for learning from the experiences of others but let's be realistic. Gotta look at the bigger picture.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

I just got 100 pack of fed. Do u normaly have a prob when u reload them

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

i don't have the gun yet or any of the reloading equipment yet but getting some ammo to get ready. thinking of the lee hand press. its cheap and I can put the stuff away easy and not have it left out. don't have lot of room and a 7yr old and a 3m so keeping stuff put away is a plus.

Profile E-mail