Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I took my 4595 to the range today.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:13 am 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I am going to have to figure out how to use photobucket now because today I took my wife to the range with me so she could finally get a chance to fire her new Taurus 40cal (which performed flawlessly) and I brought along my 4595 w/ red dot sight. Anybody who has followed my post knows I had several issues with this carbine but I am pleased to report that after installing the aluminum trigger from 9mm accessories and the 1911 mag catch conversion from thingmeister I did a little trigger job on the cam and glued a piece of leather into the left side of the mag well to eliminate the slop that comes from using 1911 magazines. I found a cpl 15rnd Colt mags at a Gunshow and tried them out today.
It fed perfectly and even stayed open after the last round. Well I guess all my trials and testing must've broken her in pretty good because now the trigger is smooth and sweet. The accuracy of this carbine with a decent trigger is really very good. I managed a 15 shot 1 ragged hole group firing offhand at 15yards that measured maybe 1.5" across. It shot well enough that a cpl onlookers actually came over and asked about my rifle and were surprised to hear it was a HiPoint! :-)
I figured maybe it was a fluke so I popped the other mag in and did it again punching one large hole in the target with all 15 rounds without a hitch. I can hardly wait to get to an outdoor range where I can really stretch her out and see how she does at 50 or 100 yards.
No problems whatsoever with thingmeisters mag catch, the colt magazines, or my now smooth crisp light action trigger. These guns may not be perfect right out of the box but with minimal effort and maybe $65 worth of aftermarket parts she's close enough for me. All I can say is "Wow!" Best $350 I ever spent on a rifle!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I took my 4595 to the range today.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I'm not surprised that yours worked well but I am pleased you had no problems. Mine is just as it came out of the box and it works great.

I dug around a bit and found the thread from when I bought mine:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11453

I've been very pleased with it. It's definitely a keeper.