Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wish i had a Hi Point dealers license.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:15 pm 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I went shooting today with a couple of guys I work with. When I pulled my 4595 w/ red dot sight out they both said "Cool."
When I let them burn through a 15 rnd mag they both said "Cool."
Then when they asked how much it cost and I told them they both said ...yep you guessed it..."Cool."
By the end of the day we had burned 300 rounds without a single malfunction and they were both swearing they had to
Buy one for themselves.
If I would've had a cpl extra in my trunk I could've sold them for $500 each.
They had a blast popping milk jugs as fast as they could pull the trigger at 50 yrds.
They were even more impressed popping small pill bottles at 50 yards with the accuracy of the carbine.
I just couldn't help showing off a little and busting a milk jug at 50 yards with my El cheapo Phillipino 1911. Citadel Arms 1911 w/ 5 inch barrel is probably the best single action auto I've ever owned but I digress.
In short we had an awesome morning putting the 4595 carbine through its paces. Special thanks to all the guys that offered tips and advice to help slick up the action and improve the trigger pull on my rifle.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wish i had a Hi Point dealers license.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
The Hi Point carbines seem to draw attention don't they?
I had a 995TS that the Little Woman's brother in law just had to have, so he gave me a Ruger P345 and $100 for it.
I need to get another TS

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 pm 
Collector
Collector

The little woman's brother in law...? Would that be YOUR brother?
Still looking for a light weight, hard hitting, hi capacity carbine. Guess ill start looking at AKs or maybe a SKS with polymer stock. Add a good pointer type optical sight and I should be good to go out to 100yds.
Anybody heard of a way to accurize and generally polish an SKS?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:30 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
trkkshotbry wrote:
The little woman's brother in law...? Would that be YOUR brother?
Still looking for a light weight, hard hitting, hi capacity carbine. Guess ill start looking at AKs or maybe a SKS with polymer stock. Add a good pointer type optical sight and I should be good to go out to 100yds.
Anybody heard of a way to accurize and generally polish an SKS?

check out my "im sick i tell you! sick" thread, im working on a SKS as we talk now. i have some pics and as i go will post all that i did. I will be doing some custom trigger work on it and have some accesories added allready you may see what you want in it. if you like any of it ill be glad to let you know where i got the stuff and give what little knowledge i can in helping you with yourse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm 
Collector
Collector

I just added a Williams peep sight to my SKS. Without adding optics and the associated frustration that goes with trying to mount a decentrail system to an SKS this was the best option. Besides the typical Chicom SKS doesn't have the accuracy to make fooling with a scope worth the time, money and aggravation.
The Williams peep sight is adjustable for windage and elevation and the fibre optic front sight replacement does a great job of standing out against any kind of target, its fast, reliable and easy for my 40yr old eyes to line up properly.
Summary; It was the best $40 investment I've ever made in SKS accessories. With Monarch brand steel core ammo selling for $5 a box for 20 rounds this SKS has become my favorite plinker. Sure the 22s are cheaper but its just not as satisfying as hammering away on something with those hard hitting 7.62X39s.

Profile E-mail