Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: They closed the range!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I live in lubbock, tx and the range I've always gone to closed! Its the only longgun range i know of around here :cry: if anybody else knows of a range in lubbock please let me know I'm in desperate need of some gun therapy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: They closed the range!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Really sorry to hear of your range closing. Do you know of a Texas specific gun forum? That would be the place to find out about other choices for shooting ranges.

Good luck!

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Ah, sorry, is there anyway I can take this down then??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Dont take me wrong, you are more than welcome to ask here, but I know we only have a couple of other members from Texas, and was just saying that if you know of a Texas specific forum you would probably get better info.

There is a huge Oklahoma gun forum I belong to, bunch of horses asses for the most part, but great for local info and gun sales LOL

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 am 
Collector
Collector

Shooting range near Lubbock, Texas:
http://local.search.yahoo.com/search?p= ... bock%2C+TX

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 am 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: CF380
I know a great one if you dont mind a 8 hour drive to Houston.....seriously though there should be a few out there by you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:52 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Still needin' that 'gun therapy'? The only ranges I know of left in Lubbock are indoor pistol-caliber ranges. I cant shoot my rifle either, so I did the next best thing - and bought a 995TS. Once the range guy saw that it was a PCC, he gave me his blessing. The 995 is lotsa' fun to shoot, and ammo can be had 'cheeply' ($12.00/50-rnd. box + tax) at Academy on 19th at west loop 289. :doublegun:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Checking both links above, the only ranges within an hour of Lubbock are Patriot (on the west side of town, where I go to shoot - pistol calibers and .22 only) and in Plainview, also pistol only.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:06 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
This simply amazes me...Texas is 90% open range and the fourth largest country in the world and there is NOWHERE to shoot?! Cumon! There HAS to be someplace! Even when I was teenager there hundreds of places to shoot inside the St. Louis county limits. Certainly these is some woodlands or waste land or even an abandoned quarry someplace close. Or a river bottom? Swampland? It can't all be incorporated can it? Of course, I've never shot at a formal shooting range (except in the military that is) that had a range officer and which actually charged real money to shoot at dirt all the while just waiting to yell at someone for using steel cased ammo :shock: . I might consider paying to shoot at metal targets however, IF there was a woods walk involved.

I think I'd find a different hobby if I had to pay to shoot that way.

I do have one constructive suggestion however, call the local county or city cops and find out where they shoot.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:42 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Randy I live out in the country in Okla, and its just not as easy to find a SAFE place to shoot as it used to... I could shoot in just about any direction when I was a kid, but now to the north of us there is a new house, to the east houses to the west houses and to the south a highway.

That is why I pay to belong to a range.

Me and phat mike do have our own ranges but they are small and not meant for long distance shooting, more like for function tests or load tests.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yup, what ever happened to the wide open spaces...oh yeah, city folks moved into them because it was ....country , and then insisted that the country folk act the way THEY wanted :huh: :twisted: As in , my god those (hog, pigs, sheep, cattle, horses, dog, raccoons, squirrels, take your pick) stink, cause damage to my roses, shit in my yard, eat my flowers, (take your choice). Heavens! You can't dump your your hog shit on your own fields it hurts MY nose. :huh: If you want the smells of the city go BACK TO THE CITY!!!! The country is dirty and it STINKS!!!!(but only if you are from the city; not necessarily true if you have lived in the country your whole life.) Just the way it is, get used to it or leave....damn city people anyway.... :funny: :funny:

But the truth is, hog chit stinks, it don't matter where you are from. But it's part of the bad smells the country folk take in stride instead of moaning about like the implants with half to 3/4 million dollar houses do (but they also moan about the wildlife that they moved to the country to see when it comes into their yards :groan: dumbasses) .

Some of the richest (land rich) farmers around here live in normal single level ranch style homes of less than 3,000sqft with nothing pretentious except a million dollars worth of equipment tucked into a half million dollar barn. But that's not really pretentious, that's necessary for what they do. I'm not a big fan of what farmers get from the government or how they say they just can't make a living but they (as a rule) don't flaunt what they have, at least around these parts.

Everyone around here hunts to some degree, and every single farm will have some form of firearm, so shooting year round is somewhat normal and people don't die of anxiety when they hear gunfire. A cop isn't dispatched for the pop of a firecracker. I believe the paranoia level is somewhere around .000000122114455564% around here concerning firearms. But that may be a high estimate. :whistle:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:01 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Not always.

36.263309,-115.13371

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Another suggestion is to find an ag newsletter or magazine or something like the Farm Bureau (Spokesman magazine) and place an add asking for places to shoot that might be close by. I don't know how big Lubbock is anymore but it wasn't too long ago it was a pimple on a sidewalk. I know around here they lease shooting areas for very little each year. By very little I mean $50 to 100 a year for hunting rights. Maybe a range membership fee is less IDK.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:06 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I was thinking that myself!! You'd think in gun crazy Texas there would be many places to shoot. I would think you could ask around like at the LGS and see if there are any places to go shooting. I bet a little asking around would help to come up with something. :D

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail