Hipointtalk.net
http://hipointtalk.net/

My Range Writeup
http://hipointtalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16822
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BarnOwl [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  My Range Writeup

if its ok id like to use this thread for my day at the range coming up. i'll be taking the hi point 995 obviously because it has me facisinated right now. the xd45 service. the lowest of the low mossberg 702. and maybe a few others. we're gonna do some run and gun. play some poker. and maybe even show off our pistol skills.

i have hi expectations for the 995. judging by the wear on it id say it has 2-3000 rounds through it. it had NOT been cleaned before i got it. which inflames and irritates me...clean your damn firearms. even if its a truck gun. you know the sound of it gunning up. you can hear metal on metal grinding. dont treat a firearm like that. i will put 2,000 rounds a year through this gun so it maybe has two to three years left in it. at which point i may or may not take advantage of the warranty. i may give it to someone and let them send it off. i live in a poor city where good people cant always afford to defend themselves.

back to the range day. ill be doing general 15yd. 25yd. 50yd. and 100yd shots. id like to post pictures and video if thats ok also.

hopefully all goes well and i dont have to resort to throwing rocks at people to win. thanks for letting me be part of the site.


[URL=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/84da8a8a-3e81-455d-b8e3-057e576ca6df_zpse5a2e950.jpg.html]Image


Yes I know. i stuck a different mossberg in that picture. love that maverick 88. i stole that for the price. plus two barrels. full set of chokes.

[URL=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1ec59997-8c97-4704-b30d-3c236e2d22cb_zps5afbe1c3.jpg.html]Image

i think some of that wear and tear could have been avoided.

Author:  ampersand [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

Oh yeah -- you're going to be fun.
BarnOwl wrote:
... it had NOT been cleaned before i got it. which inflames and irritates me...clean your damn firearms...



Enjoy your shoot. I'm planning on getting in some trigger time tomorrow too.

Author:  BarnOwl [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

ampersand wrote:
Oh yeah -- you're going to be fun.
BarnOwl wrote:
... it had NOT been cleaned before i got it. which inflames and irritates me...clean your damn firearms...



Enjoy your shoot. I'm planning on getting in some trigger time tomorrow too.



good luck. hope your weather holds out. be safe and blow sumthin up for me! :doublegun2:

Author:  srtolly [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm going out tomorrow. Have fun shooting stuff BarnOwl.

Author:  waltham41 [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

barnowl you can post about anything you want here,... I don't allow full nudies pics or posts that are threatening, overly hate or racist filled but other than that have fun!

Author:  BarnOwl [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

waltham41 wrote:
barnowl you can post about anything you want here,... I don't allow full nudies pics or posts that are threatening, overly hate or racist filled but other than that have fun!


you wont get racisim here. my first language was three languages. english. german. and gaelic. my family is married to all different races. and i like my women dark. not gonna lie.

i promise not to threaten anyone who doesnt deserve it.

and i wont post nudie pics of myself. id hate to break out the big guns that early. :puke:

Author:  waltham41 [ Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

BarnOwl wrote:
waltham41 wrote:
barnowl you can post about anything you want here,... I don't allow full nudies pics or posts that are threatening, overly hate or racist filled but other than that have fun!


you wont get racisim here. my first language was three languages. english. german. and gaelic. my family is married to all different races. and i like my women dark. not gonna lie.

i promise not to threaten anyone who doesnt deserve it.

and i wont post nudie pics of myself. id hate to break out the big guns that early. :puke:


:good one:

Author:  BarnOwl [ Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

OK, quick video of the Hi Point at a public range :eeewww: we're having monsoon season here and it looks like by tomorrow all ranges will be taking bids as temporary submarine pens. so i didnt know if we'd be able to get out to mine. friend asked me if i wanted to go shooting. had no idea he meant at a public range. oh well. the running gag is that neither of us retards can run a video camera. anytime someone gets ahold of one we totally miss what we were filming. also. had some magazine issues that we got resolved which is the basis of this shootn obviously other firearms were shot so sorry the focus isnt on the 995. but it did well. zero'd at 100 yards which is my typical prarrie dog distance. anyway. heres me trying to work the most god aweful trigger ever.


i think just clicky the piccy

Image

Author:  waltham41 [ Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

Nice video and yes it worked fine

Author:  BarnOwl [ Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

waltham41 wrote:
Nice video and yes it worked fine



glad it worked on the first try! and i was correct. 3 inches of rain fell last night. local flooding. dry creeks are running. and my range looks like a lake...but...i have a kayak. put that in the olympics. kayak the arkansas and shoot the targets

Author:  jasonsch [ Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

Neat to see a Hi-Point carbine in action!!
I'd like to get myself a 4595 someday. Looks like fun!! :D
Seems like there are a lot of "left-handed" people on this forum... :thinkin:

Author:  BarnOwl [ Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

jasonsch wrote:
Neat to see a Hi-Point carbine in action!!
I'd like to get myself a 4595 someday. Looks like fun!! :D
Seems like there are a lot of "left-handed" people on this forum... :thinkin:


lol i am indeed a south paw. but i generally dont shoot rifles left handed. i dont have a dominant eye so i usually bounce back and forth. and when im hunting i keep my xd on either side because most guns i had werent ambi friendly. then when i was younger i shattered my left hand. looked like a spiderweb of x-rays. so i had to learn to shoot right handed. in future videos you'll see me bounce from hand to hand and from eye to eye. drives people nuts that i shoot with cause they never know where to stand.

you for sure need a carbine. the 995 has become my go to gun for prarrie dog plinking

Author:  BarnOwl [ Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Range Writeup

Dunno what the hell i was thinking. totally forgot to show off my "Range Buggy" im an american. if i make a shot over 100 yards...i dont want to walk. also. since my shooting area encompasses a couple square miles...well im lazy. tada! two seater gokart. gun rack. tool box. luggage rack. even has a wagon and a sled for pulling out large game and hauling excess range gear and targets. i dont want to walk a man size target out to 400 yards...cause im an american.

[URL=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/292077fd-04dc-4908-a811-a5cdd1af533c_zps0e99e9b4.jpg.html]Image

look at that thing. just oozes...well air out of the tires honestly. i picked two of them up for 500$. sold one for 400$. and kept this one. been a great little buggy. im 6'1 210. hauls me around just fine. really a fun little rig and perfect for abusing

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/