Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Third time out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:26 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095

I headed out this morning for a day of shooting at the Pickens County Sportsmans Club. Took the 4095 and plenty of ammo. Great fun.

50 yds from a rest. 4 types of ammo, 4" bullseye, 4095 is wearing a Vortex Sparc from another gun.
American Eagle 155 FMJ
PPU 180 HP
Winchester Target Pack 180 FMJ
Accustrike HCA 165 FMJ aluminum cased ammo from High Country Arms

Struggling with the eyes, but groups were ok. Gonna get some glasses for shooting.

Center group is American Eagle 155
Top left PPU 180 HP
Top right Win Target 180 FMJ
Bottom right Accustrike.....no idea where 5th shot went. This ammo grouped pretty well, but consistently had a big flier every now and then.

Bottom line, this is a very good little carbine.

Last edited by Crawfish on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Third time out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:37 pm 

After shooting at 50 yds, changed targets and set it up at 100 yds.
I thought .40 bullets would drop a bunch, so I aimed high. To my surprise, they went right where I was aiming. (American Eagle 155 FMJ) hole in the red was luck-and not where I was aiming.

I am sure I can shrink this group, and ones above with practice and some glasses. However, I don't have big hands, and my hand covers the top group. Great little carbine!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Many pistol rounds still have a good trajectory at 100 yds. Past that, it decays rapidly... but 100 is still fairly flat.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nice shooting, glad to hear you are enjoying your carbine, they are great guns.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:30 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

No Offense intended but I shoot 100 yards with my Phoenix .22 and the short barrel and hit targets 50% of the time. Gallon milk jugs mostly. The other 50% are so close I'd call them a nuisance shot if the jug were a perp. The nuisance of being hit with a really pissed off bee (pea?) might wake them up to the fact that they are being shot at. :Smile3:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:58 pm 

No offense taken. Just got some glasses, and am ready to go do some more shooting with better results.

Some of my old military/Vietnam buddies and I had a reunion in Montana in October. Great fun. Whisky consumed, guns shot, trout caught........it was a BIG time.We spent one day at the NEMO gun range shooting all their products. Fantastic rifles. (Google NEMO) neatest range I have ever seen.

We shot pretty much all the guns they make, in lots of calibers. My favorite was the .308.

Final thing we did was shooting a .300 Win Mag sniper rifle. We each had 5 shots at a gong at 1000 yards. I hit it 2 out of 5 shots. Misses were close enough the guy would have wet himself. Only one other guy hit it twice. That is a looooong way!

I'll get the carbine figured out directly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

No! I wasn't implying you were shooting bad... :oops: I was meaning to imply that the carbine was not that accurate. :groan:

Ya see, I don't own one....so the rules :rules: say I have to make fun of what I don't own... :whistle:

Sounds like a lot of fun at that Nemo place. So does the whiskey drinking (although not my hard liquor of choice).

I now am burdened with tri-focals. Talk about moving from a crack shot to not being able to hit a barn...well it turns out I did hit my barn but that's another story. :neutral: Either I can't see the front sight, the rear sight, or the target. I have to chose.

When I was militarized way back when and was on the qualifying range, I made the required number of shots around the right hand barrier. I was born nearly blind in my right eye which it made rather difficult so i took my time to be certain I hit where I aimed. It's a very lazy eye. I shot dead center on all my other tests except this one where I never even hit my silhouette target. This flabbergasted the training instructor until the man to my right was being chewed out for firing too many shots into his target! :whistle: He had a perfect group at the heart area but the others where scattered all over. I heard him say he was aiming at the head. :whistle: I was aiming at center mass. Mystery solved. Maybe... ;)

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 pm 

No problem at all. I am just hoping the new glasses help a little.
My favorite NEMO rifle was the .308. This is the group I shot at 100 yds. Sadly the rifles cost thousands and thousands of dollars. Scopes too

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:06 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I guess ya gets the accuracy ya pays for...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:04 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Boy, that last one s great! I'm guessing glassed helped... My most recent experience with that
is taking up mig welding again. Last i remember welding with a #12 gold lens. now it's a #10
and 2.25X readers under the helmet just to SEE the puddle. Getting old sucks.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:33 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Getting old does suck, as bad as bifocals. I've been considering Lasik so I only need readers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:42 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I have been wondering about Lasik too, let us know if you find anything out tolly.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:15 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
waltham41 wrote:
I have been wondering about Lasik too, let us know if you find anything out tolly.

My youngest son, now 38, had worn glasses from the time he was 8. He had about 20/300 uncorrected and had the Lasik done about 3 years back. Didn't get 20/20, but about 20/40. No longer has to wear glasses at all. I've thought about it too, but I'm too much of a chicken to let them mess with my eyes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

That would be so sweet.. I have worn glasses since I was 10 or so, one eye is 20/200 I have always wanted to wear mirror shades like you see in the movies.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:08 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
waltham41 wrote:
That would be so sweet.. I have worn glasses since I was 10 or so, one eye is 20/200 I have always wanted to wear mirror shades like you see in the movies.

I guess I'd have to get the mirrored shades in my prescription. I'm 20/350R, 20/450L. 1 pair for driving, another for working on the computer, and to see something up close, I have to take them off and hold it about 5 in. from my face. A friend of mine that wore glasses and was almost totally blind in one eye had it done. They got his good eye to near 20/20, and managed to get his bad one to about 20/50. First time he had seen with both eyes since he left the Corps.

If you have the cash, it would be worth looking into.

Profile E-mail