Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First time with the C9-Photos added!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:02 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I had planned to go to the Medlock Gun Range in Collinsville, OK on Monday (my day off) but it seemed I ended up doing something for everyone BUT me, so I reset my plans and figured I could squeeze a bit of range time in before I went to work on Wednesday. As usual for me, I got out of the house a bit late and made a wrong turn that ate up some time so it was about 1:15 PM when I arrived at Medlock's.

The building was not very imposing-in fact, it looked like many storefronts on Main Street in a small town-but once inside I found a gun shop that was not the neatest but had the look of a place where you'd like to take some time checking out the racks and talking to the people both behind and in front of the counter. The woman behind the computer that passes for a cash register today asked me what I wanted and I said I'd like to use the range. She said she'd get someone over to that side of the shop to help me. I went out to my car and grabbed my range bag and went over to the counter at the range.

As i had never shot there before, they gave me a three page list of range rules that was also a liability release form that I read in about 3-4 minutes and then signed. It was straightforward and understandable. The lady behind the counter tasked me if I wanted to borrow a pair of shooting glasses but they had none that fit comfortably over my glasses. She said that my regular glasses would be sufficient. She then asked me if I had hearing protection. When I said I needed some, she asked if I wanted muffs or plugs. I chose a set of muffs. I then asked if I could have someone to assist me as it was my first time shooting a semi-auto and the first time I'd shot any gun in a quarter century! She got a guy (whose name I cannot remember right now) who accompanied me into the range. He showed me how to operate the target system and checked my gun and ammo. When I pulled out my C9, he looked it over and said, "it's a nice little gun." He then observed me as I went through the 8 round mag first, then my 10 round mag. I had one FTF which he also showed my how to clear. He than told me I had good safety habits and good technique and asked me if I felt like I needed him any more. I said no, he left and I was able to shoot another full 8 round mag before I had to go.

Everyone at Medlock's was pleasant and the atmosphere was small-town friendly. I am definitely going to go back there. I'm even thinking of getting a membership! I also know I'll be spending some money in there for more than just range time!

Oh, and though I only got 26 rounds down range, I had no jams at all with the 8 round mag and just one FTF with the 10 round one- a classic 2nd round nose up, IIRC. All 26 were in the black on a silhouette target, and only two were outside of the seven ring! Here are the photos:

Image Image

"A bit rough, perhaps, but with a certain savage grace and elegance to its design...
As if it were capable of much more-more than one would think at first glance.
It shows more strength than if if it were designed with perfection...
I would trust my life with any one of them."

Klein Sandman, Gravion, Episode 13

Luke 22:36

Last edited by OKNewshawk on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: First time with the C9.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:31 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Sounds like a good place! :D Way to go!

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Sounds like you had a good time. Congrats!!!!

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Good job. Sounds like you can't wait to get back out there again.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I will be seeing you later Brother Woody!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Great story and great experience! Keep it up and the addiction will soon over take you! ;-)

R.I.P. Woody, I'm gonna miss ya.
One of the greatest guys I never got to meet in person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:07 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
congrats man, glad you had a good shoot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:22 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Glad you had fun at the range. As others have said it will become addictive. Here we dont have a actual range, just a small place just outside of town with one bench and a 100 yard backstop on private ground. Its open to whoever wants to use it just clean up after yourself. I use it mainly to sight rifle in before heading out to our ranch about 1 hour from here for deer hunting. If not deer hunting will shoot on the ranch. (Prairie dogs and target shooting 1000's of rounds fired every year there)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:19 am 
Guru
Guru

Sounds like fun. We have an indoor range here that sounds similar. Registration is more like 6-7 pages though. The outdoor range I have never been to requires a membership I believe, so until I have the $$$ saved up (dang guns and ammo keep stealing it right out of my pocket) I shoot either at the indoor range or in the woods behind my FIL's house. Keep up the good work and let's see those pics!

FEG P9RZ
Ithaca model 37 12ga.
Ithaca model 66 SuperSingle 410ga.
Remington Nylon 66
JC Higgins model 88
CVA 50cal Hawkins Black Powder
1941 Mosin Nagant 91/30

Profile E-mail