Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Welcome to the Military Depot sponsored by Benny429 from Milsurpstuff.com. Find all your components to spruce up those old military rifles or add some modern touches to proven platforms. Send Benny429 a PM before you order for special discounts for HPT forum members.

Post subject: What gun I got here?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.
-Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What gun I got here?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
First smartazzed answer; one that shoots bullets?

What did I win? Did I win? It does shoot bullets right? WooHoo! :funny: :roflol: :groan: :doublegun:

Well, lets look at the facts mam, it looks like it has a mum, although it's got a heavy ring on the rear of the action which I'm not familiar with I'd say it's a mauser? :whistle: :rules: I'm still being my ornery smataszed self.

No really, my first guess is some sort of chinese or Vietnamese mosin. Nope, not even close upon closer inspection....so I have no clue. :cry:

Everything from the recoil bolt forward looks like a cut down Mosin stock with a homemade band clamp on it. But the action looks more American or British military-ish. It only holds five doublestack rounds or so it appears. of course it couls be a single shot sniper of some kind also. Can't really tell from the picture angle and my poor quality eyes.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

all the info I got "30cal japanese". :dunno:

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Im thinking some kind of Arisaka?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Arisaka yep. The chrysanthemum is a dead give away. It been sporterised. Lucky that imperial seal is still on there most where ground off. Is it a 16 pedal chrysanthemum?

The guy to ask about it is Ajole or Walt. Those guys forgot more about Military guns than I know/

"Contrary to what your mother told you violence can at times solve problems."

"There is only one way to deal with violence is to use greater violence" an Israeli exchange student.

Never shoot a large calber man with a small caliber weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Collector
Collector

Type 99 Arisaka, I think. Doesn't look exaclty like a Type 38... but the Jap rifles aren't my speciality. Get a Mosin and I can tell you all about it. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Type 99 jap. Based on the mauser design AFAIK the Type 38 never had the anti aircraft wings on the rear sight.

If you run across a Jap rifle it will most likely be a Type 38 or 99 there are others but they are on the rare side.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:33 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

BTW, you can easily form 30-06 brass into 7.7 Jap with the reloading dies and shoot it a lot cheaper than buying 7.7 brass

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Excellent info guys. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
BTW, that rear sight is worth some money, DON'T take off those wings!

That stock WAS one of the best I've seen, most aren't as good so it is VERY sad that they cut it. If you could find a non-chopped stock for it, it would probably double the collector value.

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

The guy wants $125 for the gun. :dunno:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Buy it, the sights alone can be worth that.

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

ajole wrote:
Buy it, the sights alone can be worth that.

lol

I'd like to know for sure really. Just bought damn wood flooring. Where would I learn myself about parting it out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Go to fleabay or gunbroker and search for the parts and see what they are going for.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
so how do you tell which type an Arisaka is? I brought Dad's home to live with me for awhile, but I really don't know much about it sadly.

Profile E-mail