Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Welcome to the Military Depot sponsored by Benny429 from Milsurpstuff.com. Find all your components to spruce up those old military rifles or add some modern touches to proven platforms. Send Benny429 a PM before you order for special discounts for HPT forum members.

Post subject: What too do? 1903A3 parts or sell all?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
This is a Springfield manufacture rifle that someone welded a scope mount on the reciever=junk, I never would trust it after that. Reciever is junk, barrel is .45 acp if ya need one. :roflol:

Stock is in good shape, dings here and there not really to bad no cracks.. Trigger group, safety complete, Trigger guard, sling swivels, barrell bands, bayonet lug all there. Floor plate and all screws there.

Complete bolt but handle is dicked up. Rear sights complete, . A 45-70 barrel blank was chamber reamed for .45acp. and screwed in the action. So now I have a single shot .45 acp rifle. The extractor for .06 and .45 acp work for either.. At the time we where bored and had the parts and equipment to do it.

I've been going to get to it for 30 years. I was going to see if I could find a barrel and reciever and put it back in order but now I have no time or desire. Pretty dirty needs a lot of elbow grease. I really don't want to mess with it. If i find the right guy that wants to restore it. I may just sell the whole thing barrel and reciever not included.
I traded something for it and don't even remember what I have in it.

found a stripped bolt and reciever for $139.00. a barrel anywhere from $150 up.

Well hell if i can find a guy to put it together I just might do it.

just thinking out loud :roflol:

"Contrary to what your mother told you violence can at times solve problems."

"There is only one way to deal with violence is to use greater violence" an Israeli exchange student.

Never shoot a large calber man with a small caliber weapon.