Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Welcome to the Military Depot sponsored by Benny429 from Milsurpstuff.com. Find all your components to spruce up those old military rifles or add some modern touches to proven platforms. Send Benny429 a PM before you order for special discounts for HPT forum members.

Post subject: Croatian 9mm pistol
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
I have seen pics of these pistols and honestly thought they were kind of ugly. Finally saw on in person today, and had to have it . Slide has a nice looking straw color to it. Now I have to get some 9mm ammo again LOL

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Croatian 9mm pistol
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

not too bad looking! hurry up and shoot it and let us know!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
I've seen those in the U-fix ems but thought they were ugly too, lol. Good luck on the 9mm!

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

PHP MV 9

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Thats what it is ricky.... I gave a little more for it than I shoud have, but its in excellent condition.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Good find! Didja get the holster with it? This is mine. It shoots great as long as you have a strong trigger finger. The double action on mine is way beyond harder than hell. The single action is smooth as butter and fairly lite. May I ask how much?

If you have difficulty getting the barrel out of the slide there is a cut-out chamfer on one side which the legs will swing around in easily. When ya get the slide off and turn it upside down the cam lever will probably fall out. No biggy. You'll see the chamfer on the inside edge, just turn the barrel to about 45* to the slide and twist it so those little legs go through the chanfer area. That's about all there is to field stripping it.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Thanks for the info Randy. I paid 275 for it and it came with the pistol, 2 mags and a cleaning rod and oil bottle. No holster unfortunately.

The DA trigger pull is not bad at all on mine, certainly no worse than say a CZ82 or PA63

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Really? No worse than CZ? Hmmm? I've had mine apart pretty far and the only way I can see to lighten the trigger is a new hammer spring. Wolff doesn't carry a direct replacement for it. That doesn't mean something couldn't be found that would work I guess. My CZ's DA pull is butter smooth and not too awfully bad, the PHP DA is, well, after 11-12 pulls my finger is good for no more. I have not removed the linkage to smooth things up and polish. One day when I feel I just can't handle it anymore. The SA is though is real nice, smooth and crisp release, not too hard to pull, it has about 1/4" or less of creep from first finger pressure to resistance. From first resistance it takes hardly any additional movement to break, maybe 1/16". But overall, not anywhere close to as nice as the CZ. :no2: But I think you should find it accurate. I think mine is but don't really know since I really just point and shoot and don't use targets much anymore.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Randy wrote:
Really? No worse than CZ? Hmmm? I've had mine apart pretty far and the only way I can see to lighten the trigger is a new hammer spring. Wolff doesn't carry a direct replacement for it. That doesn't mean something couldn't be found that would work I guess. My CZ's DA pull is butter smooth and not too awfully bad, the PHP DA is, well, after 11-12 pulls my finger is good for no more. I have not removed the linkage to smooth things up and polish. One day when I feel I just can't handle it anymore. The SA is though is real nice, smooth and crisp release, not too hard to pull, it has about 1/4" or less of creep from first finger pressure to resistance. From first resistance it takes hardly any additional movement to break, maybe 1/16". But overall, not anywhere close to as nice as the CZ. :no2: But I think you should find it accurate. I think mine is but don't really know since I really just point and shoot and don't use targets much anymore.

What is the shape of the hammer spring on this? Neighber found a mint Mak pistol but the slide lock lever spring was mangled. There is a guy that we found that makes these srips new by hand. Part showed up and it's much better quality than the original one.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Hammer spring is a long coil spring going down back of grip. But there is also a trigger return spring involved, and a sear spring I think. It's a simple process getting the hammer off and the sear out. The pins (on mine at least) push out with finger pressure. They are retained by other components when the grips are in place or by the spring pressure (friction).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

did you shoot it yet? whats the hold up buddy! do it! do it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I was going to shoot it this evening after work, but we have a herd of deer living on the property, and they were all gathered around where I shoot. i didnt want to scare them so I decided to wait until tomorrow.

I have field stripped it several times now, it was a little tricky at first but is becoming much easier each time I do it

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Randy wrote:
Hammer spring is a long coil spring going down back of grip. But there is also a trigger return spring involved, and a sear spring I think. It's a simple process getting the hammer off and the sear out. The pins (on mine at least) push out with finger pressure. They are retained by other components when the grips are in place or by the spring pressure (friction).

Did you discover any areas where a good polish job could help? Less friction often equals softer felt trigger.

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yup quite a few areas could be improved. But getting to them (for me) has proved elusive. I'm not keen on pushing pins with springs wrapped around them yet. This is one area (and gun, along with the CZ) where the term 'no guts, no glory' doesn't apply with me. I want to shoot it, not watch it rust away in a pile of parts. :? I was hoping it would wear in with time because mine came to me in unissued condition it seems. I could not find a single usage scratch or wear on it anywhere. I gave it a thorough cleaning and polished the rub areas of the linkage that I could. It helped a smidgeon. I pick it up and dry fire it on the web of my hand when I think of it because it resides on the coffee table in front of me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

So how many total rounds through it would you guess?

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson