Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Welcome to the Military Depot sponsored by Benny429 from Milsurpstuff.com. Find all your components to spruce up those old military rifles or add some modern touches to proven platforms. Send Benny429 a PM before you order for special discounts for HPT forum members.

Post subject: Re: Croatian 9mm pistol
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Here Walt, some pictures of mine...

The hammer axle pin will fall out easy, the sear pin comes out easy too IIRC. AND IIRC it was bitch to put back in because there are a few things that are inside it also holds that need to be lined up. But I got it back in so it's not impossible. Fat fingers, the wrong tools and no gun vise made it much harder than it needed to be though.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 am 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Century has these for $149 U-fix-ems, are they C&R?

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:13 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Nope and you'd have to buy a few of em to get all the parts you would need because the parts so far as I've found any of 'em are non-existent. Or were you measning for one of us to buy as a spare parts gun? :?

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:22 am 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Nope, just looking for my next project...or actually next NEXT project as a barreled receiver for a 53 Hungarian M44 just arrived today.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 pm 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Wow that's a cool looking pistol, never seen one before. Kinda looks like a Beretta 92 with some 1911 thrown in. Wonder if I can get one up here in the Great White North...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Thegrossmaster wrote:
Wow that's a cool looking pistol, never seen one before. Kinda looks like a Beretta 92 with some 1911 thrown in. Wonder if I can get one up here in the Great White North...

I cant see why not, at least for the moment. They say they were influenced by the German P38 and Beretta 92 pistols. They look and feel good in person, a lot better than the distorted pic in the Southerhohiogun catalogs.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Finally got a chance to shoot the pistol today, a real pleasure...... the weight of the pistol keeps the recoil down to almost nothing, and it is probably the most accurate pistol I own. It hits exactly where you aim it. I mean exactly. I put two bullets through one hole accurate. Gonna be a keeper for sure.

Now if I can get some damn 9mm ammo!

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

I'll check around here and see if there's any available, I've actually seen it pop up from time to time, week or so ago local sporting goods had cases of Blazer brass 9mm but haven't been back since then. See it at Walmart sporadically but not lately. They had one of the UMC bulk packs of .40 when I was in there today and it got snagged up right off. Wonder what shipping would run on it? I know it has to go ORM-D UPS or FEDEX.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I think one thing will be for sure, this crazy ass scare will never allow any ammo to be as cheap as it was 4 months ago ever again. Kinda like gasoline, now they know what the market will bear that's the way it will stay whether it needs to or not. :evil:

I'm not even certain that reloading is less expensive either...$16-$20+ for a box or bag of a 100 RN bullets when 4 or 5 months ago a bulk box of WWB went for $26 here. :dunno: It's still fun wondering if I'm going to walk away with my right hand each time. :shock: (jokin) ;)

We are having the one semi-chain store, jock shop, sporting goods, gun store opening a new bigger building the first of March and they keep threatening they will for sure be fully stocked with EVERYTHING anybody needs. I really hope I have some extra money on that day. Because the second day I'm afraid the shelves will be bare. At least of reloading supplies and boolits and such. Don't need much money, but I would like to pick up another 500 9mm cases, 500 9x18 cases, more bullets for both and maybe more primers. Oh yeah, and a FCD for both calibers, a powder cop, and a good balance scale. But the reality is, I won't get anything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I kinda expected it to be accurate. :D I know mine is more than I am. :thinkin:

It is a fun gun to shoot. Never seem to know where the cases will fly at least from mine. They catch some air though and mostly land forward and to the right but occasionally they land to the rear of me and to the right. :dunno: And 17 rounds isn't too shabby.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Randy all of mine went forward and right, right into the leaves .... lost that brass LOL

17 rds? mine are 15 rd mags, do they make 17 rd mags too?

mo I am supposed to be getting a 1000 rd case of 9mm from another dealer this weekend hopefully. keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:31 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

No the mags are the same I'm sure. When you get 15 inside shake them. If they rattle like there is a loose round inside remove them all and start over. About at the seventh round start bouncing them up and down inside the mag to settle them better and you should get 16 inside. I can do this on both mine. Then one in the pipe makes 17. Technically they are 15 round mags though. If this doesn't work for you take some picts of your follower so I can compare, maybe both mine were modified at some point? IDK. Both mags are marked PHP (different script however) on the back and they are built slightly different but I'm still assuming both are stock mags. :dunno:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Randy wrote:
I think one thing will be for sure, this crazy ass scare will never allow any ammo to be as cheap as it was 4 months ago ever again. Kinda like gasoline, now they know what the market will bear that's the way it will stay whether it needs to or not. :evil:

I'm not even certain that reloading is less expensive either...$16-$20+ for a box or bag of a 100 RN bullets when 4 or 5 months ago a bulk box of WWB went for $26 here. :dunno: It's still fun wondering if I'm going to walk away with my right hand each time. :shock: (jokin) ;)

We are having the one semi-chain store, jock shop, sporting goods, gun store opening a new bigger building the first of March and they keep threatening they will for sure be fully stocked with EVERYTHING anybody needs. I really hope I have some extra money on that day. Because the second day I'm afraid the shelves will be bare. At least of reloading supplies and boolits and such. Don't need much money, but I would like to pick up another 500 9mm cases, 500 9x18 cases, more bullets for both and maybe more primers. Oh yeah, and a FCD for both calibers, a powder cop, and a good balance scale. But the reality is, I won't get anything.

Still big savings to be had if you can buy bulk. Zero JHPs (.40 165gn) run about $126/1000. That brings the cost down and the shipping is free.

I just got an order from Montana Gold (Zero is out)... got 2700 .40 165 JHPs. Made first batch of them today. They are pretty bullets.

Anyway, bulk is where you save.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Randy both of my mags are marked with different fonts also, wonder if they used mags from a different brand of pistol and marked them for this gun??????

Will have to wait to see about the 16 rd trick, am sorry to say I dont have that many 9mm rds :(

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

That wouldn't surprise me. But they work the same and they both work good. I was just looking at mine and noticed a tiny little line across the grip under the hammer on the left side. Took the grips off and the danged thing was cracked. :roll: Got to looking closer under the magnifier light and found three cracks on the left grip and two on the right grip. All in the swell area from the screw hole up towards the top. Funny part was not all of them went completely through to the outside surface. So a dab of superglue and open the cracks up so it can get a little inside the crack and then scrape the excess off smooth and they seem to be tight again.

Profile E-mail