Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Welcome to the Military Depot sponsored by Benny429 from Milsurpstuff.com. Find all your components to spruce up those old military rifles or add some modern touches to proven platforms. Send Benny429 a PM before you order for special discounts for HPT forum members.

Post subject: The Serial number 10 M1 carbine that got away from me!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Sad story.Maybe you gave seen my posts here on how inexpensive military surplus guns were in the eighties. Well one got away from me because of pure stupidity. One morning before going to work, I went across Potomac to Ben Tovards gunshop on Route 7 on the mountain East of Purciville, Va. Ben showed me a Inland MI Carbine with serial number 10 on it.I knew exactly what it was. One of 20 prototypes made by GM Inland for Government testing. Ten went to Aberdeen testing grounds and ten went to Springfield Armory. He wanted 300 for it. I said that us a very good price and Ben said thats Ok.
I told him I would be back in morning for it, but should have left a deposit of 50 bucks. But didn't

You all know what happened. Next morning I showed up at nine and it was gone. Sad but true. THe one that got away.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Serial number 10 M1 carbine that got away from me!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 am 
Collector
Collector

I have a feeling that a good many of us have been through a similar situation in the past. Me included. Would have, should have, could have, but didnt.

Post subject: Re: The Serial number 10 M1 carbine that got away from me!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:27 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Whats the odds if coming across one of the 20 prototype M1 carbines from Inland division of GM ?
And I knew what it was. I told Bob Daly who ran the zPower Horn gun. shop in exclusive Middleburg Va diwn the road about it snd he said he would have given me a grand for it. I guess so but this was a real collectors item .For a museum I think.NRA museum over in Fairfax Ct..Va.

But like you say, you snooze you lose.Had a lot of fun in those glory days of gun collecting and buying snd selling. Meet a lot nof interesting people .

Profile E-mail