Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Finally handled a Hi Point carbine
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:18 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Hi Point had a booth at the NRA convention, so I finally got to see one in person. To quote Will Smith from Men in Black, I have got to get me one of these! I have wondered about a 4595 for some time, but no shop locally ever has one in stock. They'll order one, but I need to see what the thing is before I commit.

Well there they were, all three in two versions each-basic and deluxe. The AK style stamped receiver is OK. The barrel had a painted look, but that seems unlikely. But overall the carbine looks like a great value in a fun and target carbine.

Next goal. Convince the spouse that we "need" it. Then find a source of .45acp in 165 grain +p FMJ for 100 yard targets...without having to load myself.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finally handled a Hi Point carbine
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

4595 is the coolest product HiPoint makes.

Ammo (and components) is a problem these days but the carbines are a lot of fun to shoot.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
bowserb wrote:
Hi Point had a booth at the NRA convention, so I finally got to see one in person. To quote Will Smith from Men in Black, I have got to get me one of these! I have wondered about a 4595 for some time, but no shop locally ever has one in stock. They'll order one, but I need to see what the thing is before I commit.

Well there they were, all three in two versions each-basic and deluxe. The AK style stamped receiver is OK. The barrel had a painted look, but that seems unlikely. But overall the carbine looks like a great value in a fun and target carbine.

Next goal. Convince the spouse that we "need" it. Then find a source of .45acp in 165 grain +p FMJ for 100 yard targets...without having to load myself.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Hey bowserb, if your ever on the north side, there is a pawn shop just inside Beltway 8 on Veterans Memorial that usually has the 4595's in stock. Got mine there a while back. And yes, the barrels are sort of painted. A rather heavy, hard, high temp paint. (I had to remove some to get my aftermarket break to fit. ) Great fun to shoot. I put a 4x scope on mine and sighted in at 50yds. Eats the X ring all day.

Oh, and not to nit pick, right actor, wrong movie. That's what Will says in Independence Day as he is piloting the alien ship out of the launch tube.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
bowserb wrote:
. The AK style stamped receiver is OK.

That's just a cover, the actual action is inside it, made of Zamak and some steel. Plenty solid, easy to cast and mill, keeps cost down. :thumb:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:02 am 
Collector
Collector

Go ahead and get one. Promag now makes 14rnd mags for them so you don't have to convert 1911 mags.
I'm considering converting mine to fire 460 Rowland so I can have 44mag+ power levels from what's been a sweet shooting, reliable short rifle.
I'm going to talk to ma before I buy a chamber reamer.

Profile E-mail