Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gotta talk SCCY for a moment
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:44 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Took the SCCY out finally, 40 rounds, shoots where I aim it, just not where I want it. :groan: Lost a lot of brass, the thing flings em about 10,000 feet in whatever direction it feels will piss me off the most. I found less than 50% of what I shot. :neutral:

Overall, it didn't fail in any way, was comfortable to shoot and otherwise was just a nice feeling pistola. When it dries up some or I decide to go to the range with targets, I'll actually see how accurate it is. As it was I was able to keep a large metal holiday pop corn canister moving pretty easy from about 30 or 40 feet. Of course, that's like hitting the side of a barn.

I likey. :thumb:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Yep, mine throws brass back, up, forward, wherever it feels like. I recover about 80% but that's just because a lot of it goes up on the roof of the shop...

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:22 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Good to know, I'm gonna have to imitate a great thinker (Jason) and build me a brass catcher...I thought of enlisting little woods nymphs, but they seem to be hard to catch at my advanced age... :groan:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Those nymphs only have one thing on their mind.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:48 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Luckily 9mm brass is dirt cheap, saw a guy selling 1000 cases already processed and ready to load for 80 bucks shipped.

they are a good little gun, I would trust my life to one.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

waltham41 wrote:
Luckily 9mm brass is dirt cheap, saw a guy selling 1000 cases already processed and ready to load for 80 bucks shipped.

they are a good little gun, I would trust my life to one.

I don't need that many, just need to keep my stockpile at about 1000. I'll just buy the occasional Blazer Brass, or WWB when necessary to restock. Or go hang out at the range on Saturdays and Sundays. Last time I came back with a lot of spent brass. What I lost this time might show up as the leaves and ground dry out some.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:05 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Randy wrote:
Good to know, I'm gonna have to imitate a great thinker (Jason) and build me a brass catcher...I thought of enlisting little woods nymphs, but they seem to be hard to catch at my advanced age... :groan:

Hell, There isn't much to it Randy!!
If it's a little breezy, you'll have to find a brick or rock to set on a leg of it so it doesn't blow over...
That's why I made kind of an "H" pattern on the bottom where it sits on the ground.
Better deal than a tripod I believe....

It makes shooting so much more fun when you don't have to crawl around on the ground looking for brass.

It works great to leave the shaft attached to the bottom and lay it on it's side when shooting off a bench or over the hood of a vehicle.
I put a sandbag on the shaft and the brass catcher stays in place.
Probably kind of hard to picture without seeing it.

It's a piece of rebar that fits inside a piece of conduit
And Hose Clamp Adjustable too!!

Drilled a couple holes in a plate for the studs to stick through.
And then welded it on top of the rebar.
The catcher can be "wing-nutted" on and off fairly quick.

All you have to do is keep your self positioned so the brass ends up inside the catcher.

It'll hold quite a bit of brass too!! Just unzip the back and drain the brass into a coffee can.

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Another picture for you Randy...

That's what I mean by laying it on it's side with the shaft still attached when shooting off a bench.
Works pretty slick!! :great:

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:31 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Looks good! Could you get a better closeup of how the attachment goes on the base of the net? I see the two wing nuts (no I'm not talking about EX and Walt!). I guess you welded the rebar in between the wing nuts on the second bar?

I may have mentioned before a place I visited indoors in a guys 6 stall garage, he had a target range for pistolas set up and his backdrop was a large tub of sand with a 1/2 steel plate at 45 degrees hanging off the wall with steel side shields to funnel any errant shots into the tub. His brass catcher was a round frame made of 2x4's and 2x2's with 1/4" wire mesh (rabbit cage mesh) tacked around the outside and enough room to stick both arms and a gun inside it with an eye for recoil on top. The front only had a small opening to shoot through (about 4x4 inches). The bottom was funneled down to a 5 gallon plastic pail. He said it worked slicker n snot. Not something to transport however.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:55 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

I had a guy off another forum volunteer to send me 1k unprocessed 9mm brass if I paid the shipping. Guy threw a total of 1600 in the box, cost me the flat rate shipping was all. I've got an ice cream bucket full that I deprimed and tumbled, plus all the stuff that I have loaded up so I'm pretty well set. I prefer unprocessed, not one of those who would trust someone else's sizing and such to where I'd just load it up.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:43 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Randy wrote:
Looks good! Could you get a better closeup of how the attachment goes on the base of the net? I see the two wing nuts (no I'm not talking about EX and Walt!). I guess you welded the rebar in between the wing nuts on the second bar?

I may have mentioned before a place I visited indoors in a guys 6 stall garage, he had a target range for pistolas set up and his backdrop was a large tub of sand with a 1/2 steel plate at 45 degrees hanging off the wall with steel side shields to funnel any errant shots into the tub. His brass catcher was a round frame made of 2x4's and 2x2's with 1/4" wire mesh (rabbit cage mesh) tacked around the outside and enough room to stick both arms and a gun inside it with an eye for recoil on top. The front only had a small opening to shoot through (about 4x4 inches). The bottom was funneled down to a 5 gallon plastic pail. He said it worked slicker n snot. Not something to transport however.

That is exactly correct Tolly - welded it to the top of the rebar.
A guy can wing-nut the brass catcher on and off it that way.
Most of the time I just leave the base of the brass catcher attached and take the "Net' part off of it.
Which is real easy to do. (-:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:53 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Hey Tolly, do I resemble you now? :funny:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

You must, I caught that too. Must Jason's old timers catching up with him.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

All this talk about catchin' brass makes me feel guilty. I save what comes out of the revolvers and what's obvious on the ground. Then, I watch a "Hickok45" video and don't feel so bad. He's walking on so much spent ammo it sound like when your walking along the railroad tracks after they spread fresh granite. Guess it would be different if I were reloading.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:22 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

George Taylor wrote:
All this talk about catchin' brass makes me feel guilty. I save what comes out of the revolvers and what's obvious on the ground. Then, I watch a "Hickok45" video and don't feel so bad. He's walking on so much spent ammo it sound like when your walking along the railroad tracks after they spread fresh granite. Guess it would be different if I were reloading.

If you don't reload (yet), it's still good as trade stock!!! Rare brass even more so...

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next