Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sight color
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:35 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Good Morning,
Recently installed a laser on my C9.
Changed the color of the sights to fluorescent green in front and fluorescent orange in the rear. Much easier for me to squire the target area. Good clustering at 15 yards. Not a huge distance but an improvement and I'll take it.
Removed the laser. Worked alright but I found myself using the new colors on my sights and not the laser.
Hope to pick up the 45 soon to add to the 380 & 9 but I did shoot a Taurus 38 Special with a 2" barrel and was impressed with its accuracy at 10 yards.
Good Shooting,
Safe Shooting,
D. Jaffas

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: sight color
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:06 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Agreed on the colors. I have custom color on all my sights that are not night sights.

I find the lasers hard to use due to shaking just a tad as I get older. It has to do with focus.
The more I focus, the more I shake. With sights, I just point and shoot. With the laser, I'm chasing that damn
dot all over the target! LOL

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:00 pm 

Had to laugh at your description of the lasers! I figured if I kept the laser on the target that bullet was going to hit somewhere! But God only knows what part of the body it would hit! Can make you kind of uncomfortable to realize you're shaking that much! I'm going to go out and do some shooting in a little bit as I can shoot out my back door. Thanks for the reply I got a good laugh out of it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:27 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ex_ISP wrote:
Agreed on the colors. I have custom color on all my sights that are not night sights.

I find the lasers hard to use due to shaking just a tad as I get older. It has to do with focus.
The more I focus, the more I shake. With sights, I just point and shoot. With the laser, I'm chasing that damn

Not really a problem. Just point the laser at the intruder and let the cat take him out.

My 10 pound tabby going claws first up a bad guys leg would be a sight to see!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:52 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Tincup wrote:

Not really a problem. Just point the laser at the intruder and let the cat take him out.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:39 pm 

That is a great idea! I never thought about my cat taking him out with a laser on the intruder! Name that laser in the guys eyes and he has a real problem!!
I did shoot some more today with the new colors and I really like them. Huge improvement for me personally. Fluorescent green on the front and fluorescent orange on the rear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 pm 

A different note here.
There is a lot if talk about how "heavy" the Hi Point guns are. My C9 is in the neighborhood of 31oz give or take. I have carried it all day with no problems. Leather belt(nothing special), cut down Black Hawk clip on ambidextrous holster on my right side behind my second belt loop with no issues at all. Light open jacket and no one notices it. I can feel it there of course but it is not uncomfortable in any way.
Its only 31oz. I like knowing it's there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:36 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Tincup wrote:

:eeewww: Painful!

conservativeshooter wrote:
A different note here.
There is a lot if talk about how "heavy" the Hi Point guns are. My C9 is in the neighborhood of 31oz give or take. I have carried it all day with no problems. Leather belt(nothing special), cut down Black Hawk clip on ambidextrous holster on my right side behind my second belt loop with no issues at all. Light open jacket and no one notices it. I can feel it there of course but it is not uncomfortable in any way.
Its only 31oz. I like knowing it's there.

Seems to me there are a lot of other pistolas out there right at that weight also. The Hi Points were never intended as a carry pistola so the nay-Sayers are simply finding nits to eat. I can do an online search and find many much uglier pistolas than a Hi Point. The Gluck is one. Plastic is plastic after all.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:11 pm 

As someone said...A pistol is not a fashion statement. I do happen to like their looks and am not bothered by the size and weight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:22 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

As someone said...A pistol is not a fashion statement. I do happen to like their looks and am not bothered by the size and weight.

Not how I meant it.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm 

I didn't take any offense. I know that most think of them and use them as a truck or house gun. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across that way. I do admit though that my taste can differ from the norm:-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:08 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

that we are here. We don't snob on any guns, except one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Tincup wrote:
Ex_ISP wrote:

Best retort yet!!! Loved it! LOL

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Beg to differ.

My nickel plated, ivory handled single action .44mag was built specifically as an open carry fashion statement!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 pm 

I bet the bang is still loud!
What gun are we prejudice towards?? I have come to the conclusion in my case anyway...my 9 is better than I am!! My shots would make someone stop but hitting a 1.5" bullseye at 36' still aludes me consistently.

Profile E-mail