Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Got a new short barrel
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Old timers here might recall my frustration with the short barrel of my Phoenix .22. It had problems with inadequate ejaculation. Seven of ten rounds would refuse to leave. I worked on that barrel muchly and sorta got it to almost work; or down to about three in ten not leaving. I tried a few different kinds of ammo but it boiled down to the chamber. It had some seriously bad machine work done there, it looked like the tool broke in mid-cut. So I called the warranty line and they sent a new barrel with some new springs too. Same piss poor machining in that one. That was about a year or more ago. So I just bought a new barrel and the chamber looks fine on this one. Warranty parts, although free, must be rejected consumer parts.

Anyway, the plunk test with the CCI SV sounded good, they dropped right out and went all the way in. I hope it works good, I love that little gun and with the long barrel it hits a gallon milk jug at 100 yards braced from a tree trunk as often as I am able to. :funny: BTW, the long barrel has worked flawlessly from the beginning. Always loads the next round because the spent round comes out consistently. :thumb:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Got a new short barrel
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:54 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Whew!!! Glad I read this! Thought at first you may have spent too much on a rotted our whiskey barrel, sawed in half for a planter...

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:07 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

ifn the barrel was full-sized and full...... :dunno:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:29 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I love my Phoenix 22 also. It's on its third bulk box of ammo with little trouble. Sometimes, after 50 rnds it starts to FTE, but after a good cleaning it's back to driving nails. I carry it behind my wallet when I'm out on the property. Got a skunk with it last year. Popped the slide spring during reassembly last fall and took an hour to find it. No wonder why they sell the replacement springs in bags of 5.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yup, I was thinking of building a dedicated Phoenix disassembly/assembly cabinet. It would look like a sand blasting cabinet only the inside would be square and bare. =no lost parts :thinkin:

With one of these affixed to the top

Last edited by Randy on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:07 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

+1 on the mag reader!!!! We can all use that! ;)

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I'm already using tri-focals what's next, a telescope?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:47 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Randy, I hope your Phoenix .22 works for you.

I've thought about getting one of those in a 25 - Not many suppliers carry them though...

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:23 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Put a contact on a few sites so they inform you when new stock comes in. But you already knew that I suppose. I got my range kit at a show. The only advantage with that is getting the lockable case that is Phoenix specific (with extra mag and end plate, a cleaning kit and patches). Otherwise, just get the color of your choice and buy the other barrel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:59 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Okeydokey, took the short barrel out, 20 rounds later not a single hiccup with the LRN CCI. Gun shoots high at about 60 feet. I was shooting the stalk of a giant ragweed and it broke the weed about 10inches higher than I was aiming. Maybe I'll take a target out the next time to see exactly what it's doing. The good part is I was hitting the dirt consistently. :thumb: I counted 20 flirts of dirt behind the things I was shooting at. Apparently LRN don't deflect nearly as bad as jacketed does.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Well, it sounds like it's working better!!

When I 1st read, "Gun shoots high at about 60 feet." I thought I read, " Gun shoots 60 feet high..." :shock:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:49 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

60 ft high!!!! Geez Randy, I'd take that one back! 60 ft high though, would make it a 1000 yd gun! You could compete with Jerry Miculek!

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:19 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I read 60 ft high too. Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Years ago we were sighting a buddy's Chinese SKS. He couldn't print the target. I noticed a tree branch fall up the hill and had him stop. Thankfully there weren't any low flying planes in the area. We dialed it in close up. Who knows why they would make sights that adjusted that far off. Sniper shot from a mile? I can't say enough good stuff about my Phoenix s. Glad there's people who enjoy 'em as much as I do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yup, an SKS will sight in at over 300yards, for that round it's about 45degrees into the air. Of course if it was a Yugo then ifn ya mistook the grenade launcher sight for the regular sight you would be sighting in on high flying aircraft. Not good.

I love that little Phoenix with the short barrel, the long barrel not so much. For no other reason than aesthetics. I just like the look better.

And don't laugh, there is always the possibility that IS what I meant.... :wow: :scared:

Profile E-mail