Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
Walt - I have some Super-Dooper plastic melting turbo cleaner...
But it stinks to High-Heaven!! And I mean bad...

So I have to go outside to use the stuff...
Which is a PITA if it's dark - or if it's winter...

The carb cleaner is a great idea!!!
The next time I'm in Wally World I get me a case of it.

My obsession with cleaning every little thing as best as I can
could be lessened with a few cans of beer, I think.
Might make it a little more tolerable too!!

srtolly wrote:
I think you pretty lucky, cleaning guns relaxes me.
Sent from east of here


Tolly - There a box of guns headed your way!!
Well - Maybe not...
I suppose I'd have to send them to a damn gun dealer though.

That'll kill the profit margin...

OK - I'm back to "Just say No"!! :mdr:

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
Wow... I just noticed something...

I spelled "pistol' wrong in the title on this post!!!
I think I bought one too many vowels.

Usually you guys point that stuff out. :dunno:

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:04 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am
Posts: 9961
Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Gender: Male
Location: Iowa [under a rock]
Age: 96
I agree with Walt, fast is good when doing it for others. Nevertheless, my first impulse was to say NO! to the carb cleaner but then I realized I've never used it on a gun so have no base to stand on. Therefore, if it doesn't hurt any of the various finishes on the metal parts, why not? I keep a good supply of both carb (Berry's) and brake cleaner (anything on sale) with a few cans of good quality contact cleaner too (CRC). Maybe I might use them now, I was reluctant to try anything other than Hoppes or hot water and Dawn on the guns. :dunno:

_________________
http://smalltowngunshops.blogspot.com/

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:58 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11335
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
jasonsch wrote:
Wow... I just noticed something...

I spelled "pistol' wrong in the title on this post!!!
I think I bought one too many vowels.

Usually you guys point that stuff out. :dunno:

We didn't want to ruin the mood while you and Mama were screwing on the roof. :oops:

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:59 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11335
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
Randy wrote:
I agree with Walt, fast is good when doing it for others. Nevertheless, my first impulse was to say NO! to the carb cleaner but then I realized I've never used it on a gun so have no base to stand on. Therefore, if it doesn't hurt any of the various finishes on the metal parts, why not? I keep a good supply of both carb (Berry's) and brake cleaner (anything on sale) with a few cans of good quality contact cleaner too (CRC). Maybe I might use them now, I was reluctant to try anything other than Hoppes or hot water and Dawn on the guns. :dunno:

Rand, I'm the same way..I'm afraid of hurting a finish so I usually just use Hoppes.
I have a bunch of guns that need cleaned, so maybe I'll try some carb cleaner

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:28 am 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
Cornhusker wrote:
jasonsch wrote:
Wow... I just noticed something...

I spelled "pistol' wrong in the title on this post!!!
I think I bought one too many vowels.

Usually you guys point that stuff out. :dunno:

We didn't want to ruin the mood while you and Mama were screwing on the roof. :oops:

She's a little touchy about that incident...
Not the screwing on the roof - Just telling the neighbors about it like that...

Cornhusker wrote:
Randy wrote:
I agree with Walt, fast is good when doing it for others. Nevertheless, my first impulse was to say NO! to the carb cleaner but then I realized I've never used it on a gun so have no base to stand on. Therefore, if it doesn't hurt any of the various finishes on the metal parts, why not? I keep a good supply of both carb (Berry's) and brake cleaner (anything on sale) with a few cans of good quality contact cleaner too (CRC). Maybe I might use them now, I was reluctant to try anything other than Hoppes or hot water and Dawn on the guns. :dunno:

Rand, I'm the same way..I'm afraid of hurting a finish so I usually just use Hoppes.
I have a bunch of guns that need cleaned, so maybe I'll try some carb cleaner


I finally got those 6 guns cleaned the other night and my boss came and picked them up at noon yesterday.
That made 9 all together counting the three shotguns from the week before.
and...
He handed me a check for $150... :shock: Wow!! :yes2:

I took off at noon yesterday to go to Rapid City with my roof screwing wife. (That's why he got his guns at noon)
And, I bought this:

Image

At $2.44 a can for that Brake Cleaner at Wally World I figured it was worth a shot at trying it to clean guns. (-:
I bought the Rem-Oil at Sheels for $6.50 a can - cheaper than Wally-World even!!!

I also bought these:

Image

At $29.99 per 1000, I decided to buy a couple thousand,
I bought Large and Small rifle - and I think I shoulda bought Large and Small Pistol too.

I just might fire up the Harley-with-a-cup-holder-on-it-now and go back to Rapid and do just that!!

Image

And get me another 8 pounds of rifle powder too.
I figure it'll all be gone by Saturday - so today is the day.
Plus - it's a nice day for a ride!! And I need a little R&R time for myself.
I want to get IMR-3031 because I've always used it and it works for both 223 and 308
If they don't have it - what's another good easy metering rifle powder?

I'm waiting for the post office to open so I can get a scope I ordered.
I have to mount the scope on a rifle and laser-bore-sight it today and deliver it.
He wanted a Simmons Whitetail Classic - The one I think only Midway sells.

And... Just Now - the wife walked in the door with it!
He got the Mil-Dot reticle and the sun-shade.
Look familiar??

Image

Time to go to work...

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:04 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 19448
Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Gender: Male
Location: Near Muskogee Ok
Age: 56
So far I have not had any problem with the carb cleaner harming any metal finish or plastic... It may take the varnish off of wood I would take the gun out of the stock... I have not tried it on a gun that has been durakoted or cerakoted. If its a customers gun, test a drop on a hidden spot like the bottom of the barrel that is hidden by the stock to see if it affects it any.

_________________
GUNS FOR SALE!!!!
P & C Firearms


NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 am 
Offline
Fanatic
Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 pm
Posts: 596
Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Gender: Male
Location: Wisconsin USA
Age: 57
To be completely honest, I thought Jason was using an alternate spelling for "pistol" because gun was forgien. Thankfully, I didn't use the new alternate spelling in an attempt to impress someone. Spelling a word incorrectly can be career ending in some circles. (Right Dan Quayle?) Personally, I'm not smart enough to be judgemental. I have to edit my posts 5 times and still miss stuff. Walt's link was a good read, including the comments at the end. A machine gun fed by stripper clips sounds kind of cool/unique.

_________________
"Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape".


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
George Taylor wrote:
To be completely honest, I thought Jason was using an alternate spelling for "pistol" because gun was forgien. Thankfully, I didn't use the new alternate spelling in an attempt to impress someone. Spelling a word incorrectly can be career ending in some circles. (Right Dan Quayle?) Personally, I'm not smart enough to be judgemental. I have to edit my posts 5 times and still miss stuff. Walt's link was a good read, including the comments at the end. A machine gun fed by stripper clips sounds kind of cool/unique.

:hmmm: :thinkin: - :roflol: :laugh: :funny: :roflol: :laugh: :funny:

That SO right!! The MSM crucified Dan Quayle for spelling "potato" wrong...
That was it... Misspelled a freakin" word!! And they went after him and made him a laughing-stock.
I read his book back in the day - he was a good man.

And then the Clintons showed up - The King and Queen of sleaze - and the MSM worships them still.

waltham41 wrote:
So far I have not had any problem with the carb cleaner harming any metal finish or plastic... It may take the varnish off of wood I would take the gun out of the stock... I have not tried it on a gun that has been durakoted or cerakoted. If its a customers gun, test a drop on a hidden spot like the bottom of the barrel that is hidden by the stock to see if it affects it any.


Walt - I know that carb cleaner and brake cleaner is really nasty stuff!!
And it stinks to high-heaven and should only be used outside.
You should get some of that 5hit in your eye sometime - It hurts!!
And I wouldn't use it on anything but steel - Until I find out for sure if it will melt plastic or not...
Sometimes it'll melt one kind of plastic, but not another.
But a $2.44 a can instead of $6 or$8 - I'll work with it. (:

I don't know why I didn't think of using that stuff myself - My "cheapskate" gene must be failing me...

I didn't ride the Harley anywhere either - It didn't work out... )-:

I have some rifle powders in my "basket" with on the internet right now...
And I'm trying to decide which to get...

Looks like I should start a new thread!! :Smile3:

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:00 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 19448
Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Gender: Male
Location: Near Muskogee Ok
Age: 56
I have gotten it in my eye Jason, if mace is any worse I never want to find out. ;) And yes outside only unless all of your brain cells are already gone LOL

I did use it on a trigger group out of a .22 rifle that was assembled in a hard plastic housing. Older gun lots of crud and it cleaned it up like new and didn't hurt anything.

_________________
GUNS FOR SALE!!!!
P & C Firearms


NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am
Posts: 9961
Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Gender: Male
Location: Iowa [under a rock]
Age: 96
The more expensive CRC contact cleaner is much safer for plastics since a lot of the interior of electronics is surrounded by it. Brake cleaner rots rubber parts and most carb cleaners and brake cleaners rot skin cells. If you want to exfoliate your hands within a few days get a spray cleaner on them. That doesn't stop me because if I didn't have dried out, cracked, bloody fingers I figure somethings wrong with me. :stupid: I put a new timing belt in the Focus last weekend and cleaned the cam cover with brake cleaner (plastic cover) and everything I touch hurts now. :dunno: :whistle: The blue nitrile gloves don't help because the cleaner(s) eats right through that type, the black or white gloves might fare better, I have never tried them however.

_________________
http://smalltowngunshops.blogspot.com/

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:02 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
Image

Sprayed some of the brake cleaner in a bag and held it over my face and took a several deep breaths...

I had an overwhelming urge to vote for Clinton until I regained consciousness...

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 19448
Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Gender: Male
Location: Near Muskogee Ok
Age: 56
jasonsch wrote:
Image

Sprayed some of the brake cleaner in a bag and held it over my face and took a several deep breaths...

I had an overwhelming urge to vote for Clinton until I regained consciousness...
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :good one: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

_________________
GUNS FOR SALE!!!!
P & C Firearms


NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 19448
Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Gender: Male
Location: Near Muskogee Ok
Age: 56
Randy wrote:
The more expensive CRC contact cleaner is much safer for plastics since a lot of the interior of electronics is surrounded by it. Brake cleaner rots rubber parts and most carb cleaners and brake cleaners rot skin cells. If you want to exfoliate your hands within a few days get a spray cleaner on them. That doesn't stop me because if I didn't have dried out, cracked, bloody fingers I figure somethings wrong with me. :stupid: I put a new timing belt in the Focus last weekend and cleaned the cam cover with brake cleaner (plastic cover) and everything I touch hurts now. :dunno: :whistle: The blue nitrile gloves don't help because the cleaner(s) eats right through that type, the black or white gloves might fare better, I have never tried them however.


Randy I'm pushing 60 and gonna die of something.. I never have used gloves with solvents.. I wash car parts with gasoline, spray parts with brake cleaner, carb cleaner, use denatured alcohol for cleaning some parts and have used mineral spirits to clean parts for years... my hands will dry out and turn white for a day then they go back to normal.... never have noticed any abnormal affects other than that... never have noticed any abnormal affects other than that... never have noti............. ;)

_________________
GUNS FOR SALE!!!!
P & C Firearms


NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this Poistol is??
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:04 am 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 5101
Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Gender: Male
Location: Philip SD
Age: 49
waltham41 wrote:
Randy wrote:
The more expensive CRC contact cleaner is much safer for plastics since a lot of the interior of electronics is surrounded by it. Brake cleaner rots rubber parts and most carb cleaners and brake cleaners rot skin cells. If you want to exfoliate your hands within a few days get a spray cleaner on them. That doesn't stop me because if I didn't have dried out, cracked, bloody fingers I figure somethings wrong with me. :stupid: I put a new timing belt in the Focus last weekend and cleaned the cam cover with brake cleaner (plastic cover) and everything I touch hurts now. :dunno: :whistle: The blue nitrile gloves don't help because the cleaner(s) eats right through that type, the black or white gloves might fare better, I have never tried them however.


Randy I'm pushing 60 and gonna die of something.. I never have used gloves with solvents.. I wash car parts with gasoline, spray parts with brake cleaner, carb cleaner, use denatured alcohol for cleaning some parts and have used mineral spirits to clean parts for years... my hands will dry out and turn white for a day then they go back to normal.... never have noticed any abnormal affects other than that... never have noticed any abnormal affects other than that... never have noti............. ;)

I had a neighbor 15-20 years ago - (God, here he goes again with another story...) - that had either MS or MD - or hell, maybe worse!!
It was pretty sad - he was just a few years older than I was.
He lived across the street and I knew who he was and we waved every so often - but I didn't really know him.

I came home from work on a February day and he was sitting in my living room, chair, watching TV.
The wife was in the kitchen doing dishes. "You have a visitor" she said.

He sees me and crawls up out of my chair and motions me to go outside - which I do.
Once outside he said, "I need a ride downtown to get my wife a Valentine. I'll bet you need to do the same!" Which I did.
So I told the old lady (I mean wife...) we were going to town and we went to the Drug Store as it's the only place with cards and such.
When we were done, he asked if we could stop in the bar and have a hooter he'd buy!! And we had a couple.

We went back home and and he said "Thank You!!" and as I watched him limp back across the street...
It was the 1st time I actually realized how your health is everything.
It was the 1st time I realized how lucky I was to be healthy...
To be able to get my wife a Valentine - to go to work in the morning - to walk with out limping.

And I suddenly, I had a wave of compassion overtake me. I felt so sorry for this fellow, my neighbor.
And he passed away not too awful long after that - He had a couple sons still at home too. )-:

"Is there a moral to this sad tale??" you folks are wondering...

Well - Yes!!

This guy owned his own spraying business for years - Like my SIL does!!
He would go to a local farmer/ranchers place and mix his chemicals in a barrel...
And several people told that often, when he mixed them, he'd just stick his arm in the barrel and stir them!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That just has to be the most insane thing I could imagine... Why would anyone do that?? To impress people?? :dunno: Maybe a piece of wood cost too much?? :hmmm:

So a little carb cleaner or lacquer paint thinner or mineral spirits ain't gonna kill us...
But bathing in a barrel full of weed killer - That WILL kill you. :neutral:

_________________
Schofield Gun Sales on FB

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution


I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.


Last edited by jasonsch on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group