Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Change in Carry Weapon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
IS IT HERE YET????????

:minigun:

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Is it soup yet?

Older folks will know what I'm talking about, lol...

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:17 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I'm sorry it took so long!!

It was after work when I got it - Then got busy with something else - and did my classic "fell asleep early" thing and am wide awake now in the middle of the night - at 2:00am...

Here's the box:

I know - the box is boring, who cares??
It's a big deal for me!! New stuff is kind of a rarity for me - especially guns!!

Here's what was in the box:

The extra mag came with it.

Here's what was in the box in the box...

Kel-Tec believes in giving out free stickers, don't they??
Free stickers = Free advertising I guess!!

And the fondling begins:

I can about palm the thing!! The grip is pretty rough on it - just exactly what you'd want so I can get
ahold of it and hang on to it if the S ever HTF.
Probably not a good grip for shooting a few hundred rounds through in one session - But perfect for what it's made for!!

I'm amazed at how small and thin they can make a barrel:

The wall thickness on the barrel looks like it's .050 of an inch!! I might measure it for the hell of it when I get near my calipers.
Both the Taurus and Beretta .380's I had before this had thin barrels too. That's part of the reason they're so light, I'm sure!!
And having a Hi-Point as a 1st pistol, I'm still a little unnerved at seeing a barrel that's loose and moves around when the slide is open.
But I guess that's how all the "good" pistols are made!!

It is pretty much just exactly what I need for my situation - Where pocket carry is about the only option
with being a huge flibbo and having a "sit-down" job too. It's unbelievably light!! My suspenders will be happy...

Any IWB thing is uncomfortable and I want to have the gun with me and "on my person" at all times.
Some guys at work have a pistol in their lunch-box or in a back-pack or book bag of some kind.
I suppose that's better than nothing! But I wanna be able to put a hand on this thing at all times.

I hope I never have to use it, and probably won't ever need to.
But all you have to do is watch TV. Bad things happen to folks, and they say, "I never thought that would happen here."
or "We've never had anything like this happen before."

But I'd rather be prepared - It'll be nice to not feel as vulnerable anymore!! :great:

This is the same pocket-holster I had:

I'm not sure how necessary it is to carry an extra mag. It can't hurt, I suppose!
It's just nice to have an extra mag around - in case one gets lost or misplaced.
I imagine most of the time when a pistol is pulled, it's just a matter of a few rounds fired and it's over.
So I might get a different holster and just carry the pistol loaded - It does take up less room in the pocket.

This little P32 pulls right out of the holster nice and easy. The Taurus did too, but the Beretta Pico actually had some decent sights on it.
So it was a little more "snaggy" on the way out. I do believe the Kel-Tec has the smallest sights out of the three of them.

I also noticed Kel-Tec has "Made In America" plastered all over everything, but the mags are made in Italy!!
Maybe it should say, "Mostly Made In America"

So now I have to wait for the Ammo to show up - It'll be here with in the next 12 hours or so.
I have a .243 Remington 783, a 6.5 Creedemoor Ruger American Predator and a BAR in 300 Magnum ( :shock: ) coming too.
I hope I get these into the hands of the new owners ASAP as my checking account took a pretty big hit paying for this stuff!!

So it might be Friday or Saturday before I get to "test fire" my new little P32.
I'll report back and let you know what it's like - as long as I don't freeze to death out at the range!!

Boy, am I ready to start carrying again!! :D

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Looks good Jason :great:
I've got the P3AT version, and I really like it.
I shot a LCP, and honestly, the Kel Tec is easier to hang on to as the Ruger is slick.
I can shoot it better too, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how accurate it is at 7 yards.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:05 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

The instructor for my carry class has been carrying the p32 for a long time and likes it a lot.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:20 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I wear mine in an inside vest pocket. I've been sporting a vest since the 70s and wear it 3 out of four seasons. Yes, I have to cross draw it but when I don't like the neighborhood, it quickly moves to a right pocket. It's so small and light it's hard to take it serious. One trip to the range will change that. I stopped carrying my 25 completely.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Tracking says my stuff (including my 32 ACP ammo) is out for delivery!! :great:

I'm anxious to try it out - at least run a mag or two through it and see how it does. (-:

Glad to hear other folks are pleased with their P32's.

That P3AT is just a slightly bigger version of the P32.
Both the pistols are sold out with my suppliers most of the time - must be popular for a reason!!

I've wanted to own a Kel-Tec and a 32 caliber - two for one here!!

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:14 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Anxious to hear your report
If I were to get another .32, I think that's the one I'd get.
The .32s I have aren't really carry guns..well, maybe the Beretta Tomcat but that's the only one.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:41 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

The ammo did arrive!!

I bought a box of 50 that have 71 grain FMJ bullets that I thought I's run through to break it in.

And I thought I ordered the Hornady Critical Defense ammo - but I guess not!!
It's the Magtech Guardian Gold with the 65 grain hollow points.

Pretty bullets!!

I decided to load up a couple of mags worth of the FMJ ammo to start with.
And my plan was - if I got a chance to - I would grab the whole box of 50 and go the the range and shoot most of them up.
And I'd bring the hollow points shoot a couple mags worth of them too - to see if the little Kel-Tec would digest them.

And I didn't get a chance to shoot it this weekend... :(

These mags have a lot of spring tension when they're fully loaded!!
That makes me feel good as I don't think I have to worry about these springs going "soft" on these over time. :great:

My thought was it should have some rounds run through it to break it in and see how it functions.
Then I'd take it apart and clean it and lube it up and put it back together.

I also noticed the finish on these Italian made mags wasn't exactly perfect...

It looks like when they were blued or blackened them they left some residue that ended up showing in the finish.
Is it going to affect how they function?? No - not at all. A pretty minor gripe, for sure.

So - This is where I ended up - A new unfired-by-me pistol with 2 loaded mags and one in the chamber.
And it's in a pocket holster and in my right front pants pocket - I'm carrying again!! :great:

And this really is a super easy to "whip it out" pocket pistol - just like that Taurus was.
The P32 is just a teeny-weenie bit smaller and seems a little easier to get in the hand.
And - I did practice "whipping it out" (unloaded of course) to try and see what might impede me or if one method is a better than another.
I probably should try it sitting down too - which I haven't done...

And I will say this... Carrying is like sex - If you never did it you don't know what you're missing...

Knowing that little weapon is with me makes me feel good, makes me feel a little more confident and a LOT less vulnerable!!
I like the fact that I at least have a chance and maybe won't slaughtered like a defenseless dog by some guy named Hussein...
Hussein CHOP!!!

I'll try to get out to the range this week sometime and see how well it works. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:49 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Nice pics and write-up Jason :great:
I need to get my P3AT out and start throwing it in my pocket again.
My problem is, I started carrying a card wallet with a money clip that goes in my front pocket when we went to D.C., and it's sitting where my gun should be. :groan:
I used to carry a leather checkbook, had my credit and debit cards in it, any money I might have, checks, check register, receipts, notes, passwords, a ferro rod, a fresnel lense, insurance cards, SS card, hunting license, fishing license, drivers license, CCW, etc.
Well, I spend most of the day on my wide side, and my right hip always hurt, but when I stopped sitting on that check book, my hip got better. :whistle:
I can't carry my wallet/money clip in my left pocket because I carry my keys and pocket knife there, so I'm a little stumped on where to keep everything. :hmmm:
I may have to start wearing 2 pairs of pants. :dunno:

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I like to have my TCP in my right front pocket, especially if I'm wearing my usual sweat pants. Wallet goes in the left front pocket. Carry a small knife on my keys along with some Tylenol.

When I first started driving truck I cut down on what I carry on my person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:12 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

srtolly wrote:
I like to have my TCP in my right front pocket, especially if I'm wearing my usual sweat pants. Wallet goes in the left front pocket. Carry a small knife on my keys along with some Tylenol.

When I first started driving truck I cut down on what I carry on my person.

You just can't beat that TCP or one of these Kel-Tec's for something that's easy to carry and conceal...
None of the companies that make them can seem to make them fast enough!!
Ruger's version is always sold out, especially since they lowered the price!!
I see Diamondback has a pretty spiffy 380 now too - the DB380. It looks like one to try.

Cornhusker wrote:
Nice pics and write-up Jason :great:
I need to get my P3AT out and start throwing it in my pocket again.
My problem is, I started carrying a card wallet with a money clip that goes in my front pocket when we went to D.C., and it's sitting where my gun should be. :groan:
I used to carry a leather checkbook, had my credit and debit cards in it, any money I might have, checks, check register, receipts, notes, passwords, a ferro rod, a fresnel lense, insurance cards, SS card, hunting license, fishing license, drivers license, CCW, etc.
Well, I spend most of the day on my wide side, and my right hip always hurt, but when I stopped sitting on that check book, my hip got better. :whistle:
I can't carry my wallet/money clip in my left pocket because I carry my keys and pocket knife there, so I'm a little stumped on where to keep everything. :hmmm:
I may have to start wearing 2 pairs of pants. :dunno:

That's it exactly for me - sit-down job made sitting on my wallet a real and literal PITA...
I have a chain drive wallet - I have a kerrabeener - Carabiner - cara-been-er - - one of those things climbers use to hook ropes to...
One of these things:

Anyway - It's attached to my chain off my wallet and I hook it to a belt-loop.
The chain also has a spot to attach my keys - and I now put my wallet and keys in my left front pocket - along with the chain so it isn't hanging out..
I can unhook the carabiner and have some slack to unlock a door with the keys, and hook it back on the belt-loop when done.
It's also nice because my keys sort of just "hang into" my pocket - They aren't sitting at the bottom jabbing me or poking holes in my pocket.
I also keep my Copenhagen can and change in that pocket and have a knife with a clip I slide over the edge of the pocket...
That sounds like a boat-load of crap in one pocket - but it really isn't too bad at all!!
The chain-drive wallet is probably the main reason - it was kind of a "happy accident" - I didn't plan it out.

I used to lose my wallet more often than I'd like - most likely from sitting on it and it sliding out of my pocket.
I can imagine that there is plenty of weight to hydraulically force it out the top of my back pocket when I used to sit on it!!
So that was the original reason for the chain-drive wallet...
Many times I'd stand up and take a step - and something would whack the back of my leg...
Yup - wallet fell out of my back pocket again!!

The right front pocket is is completely dedicated to quickly whipping out Mr. P32 to unload a mag into any knife-wielding
bomb-making multi-deported criminal illegal-alien named Hose-A, Hose-B or Hussein if necessary...
Hussein CHOP!!! (Anyone remember that from the Bugs Bunny cartoon?) :mdr:

And the back pockets are empty - providing a "lump-less" place for my to hind-end reside at work.

It is nice to be carrying again!!
Still haven't made it to the range yet...
Maybe this weekend. (-:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:24 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I just googled "Hassan chop". There's a 3 second clip of a guy with a turban chasing Daffy Duck with a sword. Jason, you made my morning. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:15 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
I just googled "Hassan chop". There's a 3 second clip of a guy with a turban chasing Daffy Duck with a sword. Jason, you made my morning. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

That's it!! (-:
I guess it is "Hassan"... Hassan - Hussein... Pretty close!!
Those people were dangerous back then even...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Well, I finally went to the range yesterday and fired my new P32 for the first time.
And just for the record, it was a little more difficult than usual!!

As per my normal course of action - there will be too many pictures....
So let's get started!! (-:

This picture didn't turn out as good as I hoped:

Guess what that little thing in out in front of me on top of the hill is??
If you guessed "Snow-Plow", you would be correct!!
It was drifting on the shoulder of the road pretty good and they were knocking it back into the ditch.

And after I made it to the range, it was a little tough...
The wind was blowing pretty much straight into your face.
I backed the suburban up close to the shooting tables, which have a recently added roof (but no walls) in an attempt to block the wind a bit.

I took a video of the weather out there, but I can't get it to show up on photosuckit...
So heres a picture or two:

Out the front door:

And the back-yard:

Anyway, I came back home and was going to take a picture or two and the wife reminded
me that I had promised to glue one of her Christmas trinkets back together...
Frosty took a header and broke the brim off his ceramic hat.
Below is what I think of having my house taken over by 10,000 Christmas trinkets and doo-dads...

Put it all away - Or Frosty gets it!! :roll:

Ok - Enough of that!!

I ran 35 rounds through the Kel-Tec and all FMJ's except for 5 hollow point's.
I wanted to keep 15 hollow points because thats what a loaded gun (8) and and extra mag (7) holds,
in case that's what I decide to use.

All the ammo cycled through just fine - no problems at all!!
I shot it 2-handed and shot it with one hand and it worked great!
The hollow points definitely had more "snap" than the FMJ ammo.
It's not +P either.

The hollow points are pretty "pointy" hollow points - which I think is to help them cycle more reliably.

And - with both kinds of ammo, I was very impressed at how accurate this pistol is.
We have some targets at the rifle range that are about 35 yards away and they had snow on them.
I took aim at a few of them and when I hit them, the snow would slide off of them - so I knew I hit them!!
Even with a mini-blizzard blowing in my face...

This was more than I expected...
The Beretta Pico I had before this was off by more than I liked.
It had way better (and bigger) sights too - and they were adjustable.

But with the tiny non-adjustable sights this thing has - I'm glad it is so accurate. :great:

So, I say this Kel-Tec is a keeper!!

But I thought I'd ask you fellers this question - which ammo would you use?
The 71gr FMJ ammo or
The 65gr JHP ammo??

I'm thinking the hollow point ammo is probably the way to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next