Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Ruger Vaquero
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
OH YEAH it was my fault! I had 'shit' laying everywhere (you can see the small stack of hay with a tarp over it...) and I left the round bale forks in that area of the drive because it was too muddy to get back to where I normally keep them...They were not in the way mind you...but in her mind they were.

It took all of maybe ten minutes to extract both the rack and the truck but that is not the point. After 30 years she now thinks I haven't done enough, I wreck the place (when I'm doing it to support her hobby) by 'playing' on my tractor, I shouldn't have removed the rocks in the lower pasture because the previous 100 years of folks renting the place knew better than I do (it's the best producing hay ground on the property as a result of that disuse however), and moving hay for HER horses is my job, not hers. She is supposed to just reap the rewards of my labor...nowadays. I bought her a horse trailer, one I could afford...she says it's a piece of junk. It gets her horse safely to the rides she wants to waste money on however. :dunno:

30 years...if she was a horse I'd shoot her...but I hear that's illegal with people. I guess it's part of life... :neutral:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:29 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

My wife and I have been together since 1978. I tell people we were kids together. We broke up once about 2 years into the relationship for a couple of weeks. After 5 years I married her. She's wrecked at least half of my cars. She never puts anything away. 90% of her clothes are on the laundry room floor. Hell would freeze over if she ever took the garbage out.
Yet after nearly 40 years, I wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything. She's great in the kitchen and I get anything I want. The same goes for the bedroom. She lets me go to work every day, 7 days a week and rarely complains. Humans don't fall in love with each other, we fall in love with how they make us feel. I never stop trying to make her feel desired. She never stops doing nice things for me. Yea we argue, yea she drives me crazy, and yes I annoy the crap out of her, but at the end of the day I'd rather ride 2 up than solo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:56 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
My wife and I have been together since 1978. I tell people we were kids together. We broke up once about 2 years into the relationship for a couple of weeks. After 5 years I married her. She's wrecked at least half of my cars. She never puts anything away. 90% of her clothes are on the laundry room floor. Hell would freeze over if she ever took the garbage out.
Yet after nearly 40 years, I wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything. She's great in the kitchen and I get anything I want. The same goes for the bedroom. She lets me go to work every day, 7 days a week and rarely complains. Humans don't fall in love with each other, we fall in love with how they make us feel. I never stop trying to make her feel desired. She never stops doing nice things for me. Yea we argue, yea she drives me crazy, and yes I annoy the crap out of her, but at the end of the day I'd rather ride 2 up than solo.

I hear ya. I felt that way too...until the last six months or so. But she is getting stupid. She is VERY impressionable by what she reads on the internet, meaning all her social sites. Farcebook and that site that reunites a person with past high school people (who are likely best kept in the past) are the worst. She lives in the past. She doesn't seem to have an original thought of her own anymore. For instance, I do all my own cooking, my own laundry, clean up after myself, etc. I have always been that way. I don't need a mother anymore, I'm perfectly capable to looking after myself...that hasn't changed in the 30 years we've been married. But as a result of that I try to make my life a bit easier by putting stuff I use where it's handy, if that means I hang up the cooking utensils on the shelving we have next to the stove so be it. OH HELL NO! Her Grammy puts the tongs in a drawer on the other side of the room...her mom puts 'whatever' in a vase (spoons, spatulas, whisks, etc.) way in back on the top shelf. Pan lids HAVE to all go in the same under the counter cabinet in a pile that falls down every time I need the lid (that I use most often) that's always on the bottom . :shock: :groan:

BTW- I asked her to marry me 3 days after we met and one day after I moved in with her. We got married less than 6 months later. A judge married us also, and he too had to stop a criminal court proceeding to do so, because the clerk forgot to put us in the schedule he received. They stopped the murder trial, made us walk through the court room (within three feet of the defendant who was shackled to the floor) to the judges chambers, the attorneys were on hand as witnesses, as was her family (my family didn't come) and the rest is history as it were.

It hasn't been easy, marriage is NOT easy, we fought like cats and dogs. She pulled a knife on me once, the cops got called, I got in trouble. Go figure. Her ex-hubby was the cop that showed up. :groan:

Compromise always felt like it was coming from my camp. When Mamma's happy, everyone's happy ...right? :?

Hopefully this too will pass.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
This is what all of us married guys have to look forward to......

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uplo ... -comic.jpg

and they wonder why the ones that can, have a mid life crisis and run away ROFLOL

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Well I guess I've got something to look forward to since I've only been married for 29 years.

My ex wife's brother introduced me to my now wife (I was still married to his sister at the time).

She raised my kids, four of which weren't​even hers (I got custody a year after the divorce).

She doesn't ask much of me except that I keep the cars running and bills paid. I don't ask her to work but now that the kids are grown she needs something to do.

Thank God she is working, my spotty work since December I've needed her income to pay bills.

She cooks and cleans and washes my dirty clothes. There was a time, after a back injury, she had to hold my winky so I could pee.

I must say, I don't know what I'd do without her most of the time. My boss has known my wife for 20 years and said I'm a very lucky man and all I can do is agree.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

srtolly wrote:
There was a time, after a back injury, she had to hold my winky so I could pee.

I think you were faking that part just for the fun. :dunno: :funny: :laugh: :roflol:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Ex_ISP wrote:

I think you were faking that part just for the fun. :dunno: :funny: :laugh: :roflol:

Try it some time but only if you really want to feel helpless. I was only 26 at the time. I would have sat to pee but I couldn't get out of bed by myself and it was a major production to get up off the toilet. After a couple weeks the swelling started to go down enough that I could go to the bathroom by myself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Curious (not really :eeewww: ) about where this said swelling presented itself...since you needed help to hold it it elucidates various mental images- none of which is pleasant for an (aloof) real male. :wow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:51 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Randy wrote:
Curious (not really :eeewww: ) about where this said swelling presented itself...since you needed help to hold it it elucidates various mental images- none of which is pleasant for an (aloof) real male. :wow:

Tissue and disks, about six of them if I remember right. Tore the muscle around my right shoulder blade too, that still hurts if I over do it, feels like someone is cut into my scapula.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I was just funnin, I understand back and spine issues since I have many myself although none that are truly debilitating.

This past weekend for instance I got my chainsaw out and started real working for the first time this year. It's a MS460 Pro sized saw with a short 24" bar. Not terribly large but it can be a handful. I was cutting a twenty inch diameter tree that fell into the ditch last year and I had drug it into the side yard before the snow fell with the tractor. All told, about twenty minutes of sawing.

Now about the pain....
About ten years ago I knocked myself out on my crane (stupid not paying attention thing) and fell on the sharp edge of the cranes I-beam frame on my lower right side back, slid down my back to my scapula and was shoved onto my face as I hit the ground. It was a complicated fall. The edge of the frame sheared off a few of the protrusions on the spine that ligaments or tendons adhere to, severely bruised my entire right side, and did damage that didn't immediately present itself. I didn't go to the doctor since i was still able to stand and move. Bad decision. I never even reported it to my boss even though I did have a witness who saw the entire wreck. My right side back turned nearly black from the lower part of the shoulder blade to the belt line and from just to the left of the center line of my spine to under the right armpit. It hurt like hell and was very hard to breath. I just assumed I broke some ribs and wrapped it up at home the same as they would do at e-room. WRONG! Years later I had x-rays for an unrelated problem. They asked about all the broken and poorly healed spinal spur type bones. No broken ribs apparently. :groan: I'm sitting here favoring my right side due to the pain. I can relate in other words. But I can still do some funnin... :whistle: :rules:

Profile E-mail