Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Possibly - my 1st Revolver...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Everything I know about the red thread-locker is that it will never come loose without the liberal use of hot heat. Not something most folks want to do their gun is heat it nearly red hot to get a screw out. The blue will work fine. It's designed more as a silicone vibration damper than a true locking glue. Blue hold just fine on all my Harley parts after many re-uses. Take it out, put it back in, screw/bolt stays tight.

The other thing to maybe think about is the torque applied to those screws. Tighter is not always better as you well know. I've been wanting one of those torquing screwdrivers, maybe you can buy me one and keep it forever? :whistle:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/718023/wheeler-engineering-fat-firearm-accurizing-torque-torque-wrench-screwdriver

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
You guys are probably right - Blue is probably the way to go - so that's what I'll use.

I didn't do anything Monday after work - and I ain't too sure about today either - It was a long week and a longer weekend!!
All in a GOOD way!! (-:

Rather unusual weather though... See my "Typical SD Weather" post.

Randy, Could you PM me your shipping address??

I got a couple motorcycle tires around here with plenty of goody left in them too...
Maybe you can tell me what size tires are on your Harley as well - I'm sure a 5" or 5.5" wide x 16" for the rear - And a 21" for the front? Probably a 3" wide tire?
These will just rot before they get used...

Just a thought!! (-:
Plus, I might wanna ride out and harass you for a while someday too...

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Last edited by jasonsch on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:42 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Thanks for the offer of tires but I have two spankynew tires, tubes, roll of clean duct tape, and wheel weights, just sitting patiently for me to get the ambition to put them on. I hesitate to start because it will open a can of worms. Worms that I don't want to pay for right now. For instance, my front master cylinder needs honing and a parts kit cause it leaks. I have the parts kit, don't have a cylinder hone small enough. Motorcycle shops want a first born to hone it for me or to sell me a new master cylinder...That's what the new 'bikers' do, they replace, they don't rebuild. I Iike my stock controls, they are unique because nobody else has them any longer... Hahaha.
That's just part of what the front needs. The rear swing arm bearings need some replacement too...At about $75 a side (used to be anyway) that's not happening. The shocks on this softy were used for two whole years. Not certain if later model shocks will fit. These shocks are original. Replacement cost about $750+. Highway robbery!
Also need new grip covers, new foot peg covers, the carb needs a good soak and rebuild (S&S Super B), and the list goes on. :groan: :cry:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I showed in an earlier post how I ran 50 rounds through my new 44 Mag Bounty Hunter revolver and all the screws came loose.
I took mine apart and used a little thread retainer on the screws - both of the kinds I have in my tool box.

Below is the 2 kinds of "screw-glue" I have:

Red stuff made by Loctite and the blue by Permatex.

I actually did the 2 new revolvers 1st - and in the process messed up this screw when I was tightening it.

I took the same screw out of my revolver and replaced it so it's all new again.
Those three screws I used the good Red stuff...

And on this screw too:

The Ejaculator Rod Holder Screw - Since it came loose so easy.
I don't believe it'll be too difficult to remove the ones I used the red stuff on.
Most people will never take these apart that far and I'll feel better knowing it'll stay together. (-:

I took mine all apart:

And it was really neat to see what was in there and how it works!!

There is a little roller thing that causes the hammer to slam forward:

And a single piece of spring steel the pushes on the roller and makes the hammer go forward...
Really Cool Design!!
I really didn't have a clue how they were made - I never even looked on-line.
I did finally look in the manual though... (-:

There was the larger screw that holds the spring steel in place,
and another smaller screw on the bottom that holds the frame of the handle together.

Both of them were also loose and I used the screw-glue on both.
It was neat to see how the grips fit in there too.

I honestly thought the grip/handle frame might be some kind of plastic - It was all steel!!

I also noticed this revolver was well oiled...

Where the circles are there is oil that was there when I took it apart.

I took the grip frame all apart:

And I used this to put a little drop of the screw-glue where it was needed:

It's a little tiny straight screw-driver insert... I mean tiny!! (-:

I put the grip fram back together with the red stuff:

And when I put the grips back on, there was still oil that was noticeable
squeezing out between the parts when screwed back together!!
I say that a good thing - I shouldn't have to worry about rust!!

Anyway - She's all back together!!

I'll have to let the screw-glue cure for a while before I shoot it again.
I hope it'll be next week some time - Maybe even this Sunday after we get back from our Sioux Falls trip...

We'll See!! And we'll see if it holds together after another 50 rounds or so. :great:

Thanks!! (-:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Last edited by jasonsch on Thu May 04, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Jason,
If you don’t' already have it, here's literature for your revolver

http://stevespages.com/pdf/eaa_bhbb.pdf owners manual

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Jason its been my experience that any weapon that has to come into the US by boat is usually heavily lubricated. You will notice the same thing with guns from Brazil and China.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

And the guns from China have lead in the oil.... :roflol:

Profile E-mail