Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: JA nine
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
I'm sure some on y'all have one of these. Wife and I stopped in at the liquor store next town over to get her some "libations" and when I parked in front I noticed a sign that said "CCW class here Saturdays" and a smaller one that said "Guns and Ammo. If they had a tattoo shop in there as well, it'd be a picture perfect redneck picture!

While the wife was perusing the "drinkables" I was checking out the small selection of firearms and ammo they had and noticed that they were a Jimenez dealer. They have a JA 9mm in the case priced at $155 and change, and that got me thinking just how bad can they really be? At that price I'm thinking I may very well get one just to check it out, it would be a range use only as I have some good carry pistols already.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: JA nine
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:11 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I don't know anything about the JA-9, but that store reminds me of a place in town when I was growing up.
You could get gas, booze, ice, guns and ammo, and if he liked you, you could charge it.

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I had a JA9. I thought it was pretty crappy. Not even a little reliable.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:41 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
While I like the eye appeal of the JA-9 more than it's HP counterpart, I have heard also that they are not near as reliable, percentage wise. You will find one here and there that turn out
pretty good but their success numbers are low. Let us know!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Best gun ever made...

Mo - they are not a gun made for handling a lot of rounds - neither is a Hi-Point!!
And they do have some reports of the slide cracking - especially with the "+P" or over standard pressure ammo for which it is NOT made for...
I always thought that was a stupid idea... Let's set a pressure standard - - And then ignore it?? :dunno:

Anyway - everybody shit's their pants because the slide is made from "zamack" (NO, NOT ZAMAK!!!)
And then - - And all the sudden - - Everyone is a Metallurgical Engineer!!!
And it's such a horrible material that even firing a JA Nine results in the slide flying of the pistol and decapitating people and killing babies and sea lions and other cute things...
Even though there are hundreds of thousands of guns made from it...

Jimenez does have a great lifetime warranty!! I've used it...
I have the little .25 cal Jimenez and after a couple thousand rounds it just flat out quit working.
Sent it in and a couple weeks later it came back "good as new" !!
And I intend to use it until it quits working and send it back in again... Rinse and repeat...
I have always wanted to get a JA Nine and see just how many rounds it would take for it to stop working... (-:

I bought a Jennings 9 with some parts missing - and bought some parts for it...
Geeze... It's been a couple years - I should finish that project!!

But, if you're poor - and you want a gun for the nightstand or the cubbyhole in you vehicle - A JA Nine will work!!
And that's what it was intended for.
And They're available in All Chrome if you wanna do it "pimp" style!!

That being said - be aware of this...
If you think a Hi-Point gets bashed and abused and lied about on the internet...
The JA Nine get's absolutely crucified!!!
Many say to at LEAST go buy a C9 and not that piece of crap...

And like with a Hi-Point - 99.9% of the people doing the bashing have never owned or even touched one.

The last time I was over on the Bryco - Jennings - Jimenezarms.com site, which was a little like here... :great:
There is some whining ass-hole that bashed the JA Nine as bad as I've seen on the net.
He was such a cry-baby-dick about the JA Nine I basically stopped going over there - He wouldn't shut-up about it.
I can't remember if he owned one or not - even if he did there was no reason for him to act like that.

I can't believe they put up with it - Why be a member of a website that's supposed to be about enjoying our cheap pistols and then piss and moan about one of them endlessly??
I guess I should quit pissing and moaning about HIM endlessly!!

It's been a LONG time - I might have to go back over there and see if the whining has stopped...

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Inexpensive firearms sort of call out to me, sort of how I ended up with my first Hi Point, a new .40, sold it when I downsized into less calibers. I have no intention of ever carrying it, or using it as a nightstand gun, just taking it out on the range and seeing how bad or good it is. I load my own ammo so I keep all my 9mm below +P standards although I never have gotten around to chronoing my defense loads.

It's just a thought, may never actually get one, but I do like the idea of having an inexpensive one to use chronoing my handloads.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Ive had a few in the store, not a bad looking gun, if its only for range time I say go for it and let us know how it goes.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I'll be interested to hear how it performs.
The Little Woman has a little Jennings .22, and it usually does pretty good.
It's fussy on ammo, and accurate up to about 10 feet.
Lots of fun though.

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I've wanted a Jimenez 25. It's one of those guns that I shouldn't buy, but I want it anyway. If they sold T-shirts I'd buy the gun for sure. I don't know if I've told the story but, in the 70s a good friends ​father was a machinist who made "boat parts". While looking for a screen for a dope pipe (it was the 70s) he unlocked the door that lead to a portion of the basement which had been previously off limits. There was a machine shop on the other side of the door and the boat parts his father was making looked alot like tiny revolvers that chambered 22 shorts, no wood on the handles. They were of Italian descent and his father spoke very little English. Since then, I've been drawn to the "ring of fire" guns. I use to carry my Phoenix 25, and have a black Phoenix 22 that I like to practice with. It's been through multiple bulk boxes equalling thousands of rounds. Snobs and liberals both hate these guns. Like my Hi Points, they've performed flawlessly. A Jimenez might be pushing the envelope, but it's reputation is part of it's charm. As far as what it's made of...If it's an inexpensive gun snobs call it plastic and pot metal. If it's expensive it's called polymer and alloy. By the way, I have "Matchbox cars" that are over 50 years old that look like the day they were purchased. Why are they so good? POT METAL!! The important/dangerous business of firing a round goes on inside of arsenal grade steel. The rest is for whatever the manufacturer intends... beauty, durability, thrift, weight.. ect. I see some vintage mouse guns fetching pretty good prices if they have the original box and paper work. Who knows, maybe someday a Jimenez or Cobra will be considered collectable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

The infamous 'Saturday Night Special'! There's a song about those...

My Phoenix .22 is awesome with the short barrel but with the long barrel I've gone through two with no luck whatsoever. The chamber is machined so badly on both they won't give up the spent case five out of ten shots. What bugs me about them is the admonition that only standard velocity ammo be used. Standard velocity is harder to find than high velocity since everything can now handle it...except .22 pistolas it seems. :neutral:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:55 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Our Phoenix HP22 runs great on anything I throw in it, but I do stay away from really high velocity stuff. It's a ton more accurate with the longer barrel, I will say. Hard to guesstimate how many rounds have been through it, but it's well up in the thousands I know for sure and never a hiccup one.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I'm ordering one on Monday from Keel Mountain for a delivered price of $175. I called their customer service line and the guy said that 115 grain FMJ with either WWB or UMC yellow box is OK for it.

http://www.kmmunitions.com/jimenez.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:38 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
wganz wrote:
I'm ordering one on Monday from Keel Mountain for a delivered price of $175. I called their customer service line and the guy said that 115 grain FMJ with either WWB or UMC yellow box is OK for it.

http://www.kmmunitions.com/jimenez.html

The biggest problem I have seen with them is the slide wearing thin in the firing pin channel. make sure you keep it lightly lubed in the firing pin area and on the underside of the slide below the firing pin.

Let us know how you like it when you get it.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:06 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Ended up buying a Taurus 709 slim for $190 out the door, it's got 120 rounds through it of mixed 115gr and my 124gr reloads without a single hiccup.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

mogunner wrote:
Ended up buying a Taurus 709 slim for $190 out the door, it's got 120 rounds through it of mixed 115gr and my 124gr reloads without a single hiccup.

150 rounds through my 709 Slim without an issue. Much nicer gun than I thought I could get $180 out the door.

Profile E-mail