Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Volley Fire S333
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:50 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I like odd ball guns and the Volley Fire fits the bill. The only problem??? like the Signal 9 and Sccy 380, it's like wanting to own a unicorn or Bigfoot. I get that prototypes of unique firearms and their actual production are miles apart, but the previously mentioned guns seem awfully real in the videos. Teasing out public reception is almost a cruel prank for a knucklehead like me.

On a similar topic, I decided to procure a disliked gun (Jimenez) in the least respected caliber (25ACP). I want to buy it new so I know where I'm starting from. The few local shops that carry the brand don't have 25s. One guy insisted Jimenez doesn't make a 25, another said he could order one but it would "cost" me. Originally I wanted it in cheesey chrome, then decided on any finish...but no deal. If I can't find a cheap chrome Jimenez 25, what hope do I have in finding a Volley Fire or Signal 9.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Volley Fire S333
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I've had a Jimenez JA-25 for a few years - I reload for it - and cheap!! Only 1 grain of powder!! :great:
I bought several thousand 50 grain "factory 2nd" bullets and bought some used brass for it pretty cheap as well.

I carried it for awhile too. (-:
But NOT with one in the chamber.

I love it because I can reload it so cheap and shoot the living hell out of it and I'm not wearing out an expensive gun.

I've actually shot it so much I wore it out and sent it back to Jimenez who rebuilt it as it has a lifetime warranty - just like a Hi-Point.

After they rebuilt it - it shoots as good as new!!
And they even threw in an extra new mag.

And George is right about the 25 ACP being disliked by most everyone!!
Bullets from a 25 ACP merely bounce off people and you'd be safer with a sharp stick...
But it is a lot of fun to shoot!! :mrgreen:

I've been thinking about ordering 5 or 10 Jimenez pistols to sell - everyone says their crap - but they always sell pretty easy.

The JA-22 and the JA-380 seem to be the most popular followed by the JA-Nine.

And they don't always have the chrome ones available - But the standard finishes don't look too bad - especially the "satin chrome" IMHO.

This is the one I have:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

My FFL charges $20/$25. Message me if you get a 25 at a reasonable price. The guy who can get me one is an hour away and wants the full suggested retail. My FFL is less than five minutes. I'd rather give him the transfer fee instead of driving two hours round trip...for a Jimenez.

As far as stopping power, plenty of people have lost their lives to a 25. I had some tins of cookies outdated by a year so we used them for target practice. The Phoenix put 25acp rounds through 3 full tins of cookies, lined up, at 21 ft. Would it stop a drug crazed zombie? Probably not. Would it stop a punk making a bad decision? In spite of all the smart guy comments about 25s bouncing off of people, I'm confident that more victims end up in the morgue than walk away. I'm not a bounty hunter or or a security guard. The lockup in my truck has both 32 and 9mm. If I feel I need the 9mm...I leave.
I don't mean to sound derogatory about the 25s bouncing off people. I read a statistic that more people have lost their lives in civilian shootings to 25acp than any other bullet size. I have a chart saved somewhere showing actual data from shootings and homicides for a year. It showed number of shots and results of nearly every caliber. At one end was 22 caliber requiring 2.3 rounds to get the job done. At the other end was 45acp requiring 1.8 shots. I gleaned from the information that regardless of what you carry, it's going to take about 2 shots. I don't know if I could put two fast rounds of 40 or 45 on target under stress. 9mm or 380... probably/mabey. 32, 25, or 22...for sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Image[/URL]

I don't remember the source, so I can't give credit...and not to beat a dead horse...but this chart kind of reenforces my long winded point about weather or not 25acp is effective. There are alot of variables we don't know, but I find crap like this interesting. It's kind of fun to look at. I wish I could find the statistics I mentioned previously about the number of shots it takes to stop an attacker. The bottom line?? From what I've read, shot placement and an accurate follow up shot beats caliber when talking handguns. A shotgun trumps everything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I remember when I was in the Air Force way back in the stone ages the rumor going around (called that because I don't remember if was taught or if it was in fact a rumor) that the .223 of the day (the M16) round was never meant to stop anyone. The Geneva Accords spelled out the humanitarian means of battlefield warfare. The .223 was supposed to wound as many personnel with one shot as was possible, or some such manure. The side effects of getting a round was a small hole, in and out, then, if there was anyone behind you, they got the in and out treatment and so on until the projectile lost momentum. Rumor had it that one projectile could incapacitate three or more soldiers. If they were lucky (?) they didn't die. If the shooter was lucky they didn't die...it took at least two healthy soldiers off the battlefield for each (one) soldier shot. Those were the rumors anyway. So, in essence, one shot goes through three soldiers, it takes six soldiers to recover those three, so nine soldiers are removed from the fight...six at least temporarily. :dunno:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I heard a similar story about the M1. They would fire several rounds and then throw an empty clip at something hard like a rock. The clip would make a noise just like the empty clip would make as it was ejecting from the gun. Believing the soldier had to reload, the Japanese would jump up from cover and charge. If they were charging in single file the M1 could pass through 2 or 3 Japanese at a time. The story told by a WW2 veteran was very convincing until I fired one. After firing several rounds I doubt anyone would be capable of hearing a clip hit a rock. The round, however, could easily pass through multiple victims. Blowing up cement blocks with one lead me to believe there was almost no safe cover. My range is on an incline and the bullets we're digging a ditch beyond my targets. If I had to shoot all day, 223 is the clear winner. If I had to neutralize someone hiding on the other side of a truck, the M1 could get it done. Really cool are the manufacturer names on the M1. My buddy's is an International Harvester.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:33 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I should know the answer to this...isn't the M1 a .308? I could google like I do everything else, but I'm tired. :go:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

30 cal (7.62) ....18 inch barrel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
30 cal (7.62) ....18 inch barrel.

DUH! I knew that!

Or did I.....??? :oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I cheated...I googled it.

The chart was posted through photobucket. It worked like greased lightning. And no...I haven't given them a dime. I don't get it. :dunno:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:12 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Hmmmm.... :x

Still holding MY pics for ransom!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:56 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Mabey you went over a "free" limit. I don't have many pictures with them. Also odd was the speed at which the pictures got posted. That has not been my experience with them in the past.
Or...Randy... perhaps President Trump believes that you were a Hillary supporter and had Putin hack your account. That's the only reasonable explanation. I'll be watching CNN for the latest development on this Trump, Putin, Photobucket collusion story.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
The M1 garand was a .30-06 then they went to the M14 which was a .308win.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:28 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
Mabey you went over a "free" limit. I don't have many pictures with them. Also odd was the speed at which the pictures got posted. That has not been my experience with them in the past.
Or...Randy... perhaps President Trump believes that you were a Hillary supporter and had Putin hack your account. That's the only reasonable explanation. I'll be watching CNN for the latest development on this Trump, Putin, Photobucket collusion story.

You can't see it but this is a real appropriate smilie....

:whistle:

Profile E-mail