Been kick'n around idea of a new ar10, Like the dpms recon
anyone had good or bad luck with them ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: looking at ar 10
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
No experience, but all the reviews say they are fine. The only guys that talk bad about them are the guys that insist on buying the top dollar guns like Armalite or Lewis Tool; and all they can argue is that they think fit and finish are superior, and their guns are made by companies that have actual military contracts.

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
A friend of mine has been trying to sell his. The only reason he's moving it is that he finds it to be to heavy to carry all day (old guy like me). He's not having much luck with a buyer. I think he's asking to much for it. It's the long barrel version. He's got some fancy scope on it and is asking $2,500. Other than that I've never even shot it.

"Contrary to what your mother told you violence can at times solve problems."

"There is only one way to deal with violence is to use greater violence" an Israeli exchange student.

Never shoot a large calber man with a small caliber weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
think sat there calling for rain so ill go get it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
OK, Saturday is half over, what's taking so long!!??? Pictures man! We need pitchures!!!!

:worthless:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:36 pm 

yes it its better than 1/2 over /drove to pekin and got 24hr wait in IL and they close at 5p I get off work at 6p 45min to 1hr drive it will be nov2 going to East peoria IL gun show so ill pick it up that weekend on the way home . It's paid for not going any where . I have traded at Pekin gun for 25years good People

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:38 pm 

verkalak wrote:
A friend of mine has been trying to sell his. The only reason he's moving it is that he finds it to be to heavy to carry all day (old guy like me). He's not having much luck with a buyer. I think he's asking to much for it. It's the long barrel version. He's got some fancy scope on it and is asking $2,500. Other than that I've never even shot it.

I am no expert on prices but does seem a bit high

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:01 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

OH! I didn't notice you lived in the land of the lost...or the state of perpetual ILL. :whistle:

Nice state to drive out of that's for certain.

Of course there were some mighty fine bars on the east side of the river when the drinking age was 18 there and 21 in MO. Spent a lot of time over there under the I270 and Chain of Rocks bridges partying on the canal. The drag strip was another favorite location in the summer months, we were there racing on Wednesday night grudge matches at least three times every month when it was opened. Race all ya want for six hours for $10 dollars back then. Good times. Raced my old 68 Nova, then my 74 Monte Carlo with a 454, then my 78 GMC 4wheel drive with 450hp, then my 1980 HD Sporty and finally my 84 Softail when I was in the area on visits. Then I moved away for ever.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:44 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
kosh4095 wrote:
verkalak wrote:

I am no expert on prices but does seem a bit high

I'm sure it is. A guy buys a rifle put a fancy scope and all kinds of bells a whistles on it and expects to get what they have in it back. Maybe the guy buying it does want all that crap on it.

"Contrary to what your mother told you violence can at times solve problems."

"There is only one way to deal with violence is to use greater violence" an Israeli exchange student.

Never shoot a large calber man with a small caliber weapon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 pm 

"Nice state to drive out of that's for certain."
and will ASAP/ put to much money in a house (that's paid for ) excpt forgot about IL Property tax is un real 3500.00 a year to live in my House!
its 40years old YES HATE IT HERE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

kosh4095 wrote:
"Nice state to drive out of that's for certain."
and will ASAP/ put to much money in a house (that's paid for ) excpt forgot about IL Property tax is un real 3500.00 a year to live in my House!
its 40years old YES HATE IT HERE

Not trying to pry but a little perspective on the reason for that kind of tax would help. 2 million dollar house? :shock: :lol:

My taxes are about $350 a year on 13 acres. :whistle: But the perspective on that is the land is worth WAY more than the house and outbuildings combined. My house was appraised at 12K, the barn at 4k and the other outbuildings at about 1k. I can only insure my barn for 10k because it's not used for commerce. That amount would not even pay for a new foundation on a new barn if this one burns down or blows over. Yup, 12k for my house because it's 114 years old, is made out of 2x4's, is poorly insulated, and has burned at least three times that we know of before we moved in. It's piecemeal construction followed no common theme like some other farmstead homes. The floor sags about 2" in three feet in the dining room and there ya have it, my perspective. Oh yeah, my front wall moves in and out about 3" if I push on it. I just noticed that yesterday when I was working on the windows. :thumb: But the roof doesn't leak ....yet. But it's gettin close.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 pm 

no not $2mil house more like 135k hell next door 3br brick no basement 30yr old house 4400.00 a year for realestate tax and he is 80yrs old

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

:shock: :huh: ya'll live down the street from Trump or what?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:29 pm 

no trump in my area LOL but took 1/2 off work and got it home
http://www.dpmsinc.com/308-RECON_ep_93-1.html

still have not had time to even read the book to it / gotta get rebate form sent off dpms has rebate from oct -1 to dec 31st
gonna be nov 9th before I get day off to try it out by then the scope will be in

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
The 1st house I bought here in town, I paid $8,000 for it in 1987. Even had a small detached garage. I really moved up 10 of 11 years ago and spent $36,000 for a double-wide on a basement with almost an acre. I KNOW that 1970's trailer-house motif will come back in fashion!! Then I'll make a killing on it when I sell... property taxes are about $800 a year.
I can't believe people spend more on something to drive than I do on a house!!! :shock:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail