Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kel Tec Sub2000 +CZ Mags
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 am 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I've read around the interwebs that KT S2K carbines configured to use Sig 226 mags will also work w/ CZ75 mags.
I had a NIB Beretta 9mm type Subby that I was thinking of switching to Sig and trying this on. Replacement mag catches are $4.00 from KT and take 2 minutes to replace. That is if you're just changing the engaging piece that holds the mag. This is held to the mag catch body by 2 tiny allen screws and can be replaced w/o disassembly of the entire gun. Once the catch was changed the mags would not seat until I sanded a tiny bit, a dozen strokes or so to the gun's grip bottom with 120 grit followed by a couple w/ 240gr. sandpaper. ( half millimeter-1.0 mm removed maybe). I understand the 19rd mags have a tiny bit more length between mag catch and bottom of mag so they may have seated w/o this. I had only 16 and 17rd mags.
Once this was done and after running a dry patch down the bore I gave the bolt a couple squirts of oil and headed out to shoot. Ammo was 124gr Aquila . Ordinarily I would give the gun a real cleaning but time was short before a couple weeks of long hours,and no days off at the salt mine so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. I had 3 FTE , stovepipe failures in 60rds fired. As new out of box Subbies can be cranky 'til broken in and I had not prepped the gun well by a thorough clean and lube I was not dismayed. Later when time allowed I stripped and cleaned the gun well, lubed it generously and went forth to try again with a variety of ammo including Prvi Partizan 115gr JHP and some newly purchased XQI 123gr ammo from Turkey said to be loaded to Nato specs . Also took ; 115gr Fed Champion FMJ, 115gr Fed Classic JHP, Rem 115gr FMJ and 124gr FMJ PMC.
Fired 8 mags of a variety of the listed ammo , mostly 16rders ,a couple 17, with 0 issues of any type. So far this appears to work well, the mods were minimal, low cost and took 10 min total time .
CZ75 owners who'd like a carbine compatible with their handgun mags look to have an option here.
I'll update this if any issues arise.

Oct 7 ,1944 Lt Urban Drew of the 361st FG (Yellowjackets) flying P-51D Detroit Miss downs two Me-262 jet fighters in single dogfight.

Profile E-mail