Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mosin bug bit again
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:24 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Cruising through Century's website yesterday evening. Checked their "u-fix-em" section, nothing in there but a couple of magazines. C&R section equally bare, only some Swiss K1911 rifles. On a whim, pulled up their search function and typed in "Mosin".
Lo and behold, it came up with some...

"The Russians modernized their Mosin-Nagant model 1891 rifle into what would become one of the most successful military arms the world has ever known! Its simple and robust design, accuracy and awesome reliability served the Soviets well as their main battle rifle of WWII. Arsenal refinished - hardwood. 5 rd. integral mag.Barrel: 26”, Overall: 48”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Condition: Very Good."

$159.87 (where do they come up with these oddball prices? My OCD would DEMAND that I price them at $160!) SO I add 150 to my cart...to see how many they had on hand, not to actually buy...I wish!

Comes up with "22" added to cart. Only 22 left, no idea how many they originally had.

5 minutes later, they had 21 in stock. No handpick option, no info as to years or receiver type. Spin the wheel and take a chance! Will be interesting to see what the big brown truck brings. $167.82 total, they have the best shipping prices of any of the online dealers I've ever bought from. Never had a problem with anything they've sent me in the past, hopefully this one is a good one.

Centerfire listed a bunch about the same time, starting at $199 shipped without accessories. Those lasted a few hours. They do have some now for $239.99 delivered that come with accessories. A far cry from my first one just not quite 6 years ago, $82 delivered from Classic Arms for a 1942 Tula in immaculate condition, with accessories.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mosin bug bit again
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I hope they send you a decent rifle Mo!!

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail