Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The HPT Target Shooting Challenge thread
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: CF380
MechWolf wrote:
I would love to do this but I don't have a carbine as much as I've hinted to my wife about wanting one for my birthday this month. Maybe one of my good friends here can pester her more than me about getting one. I only have a .45 JHP, C9, .30-06 and a 12 gauge. I'm sure I could hit the bulls eye with my 12 gauge, but I'm sure that's cheating. I don't want to re-sight my .30-06 to 50 yards, it's set at 100 yards. So can we all come together and pester her for a new 4595ts4x or 4595tsrd? I never ask for much and I'm a good boy. Lol. If you could maybe set a distance for pistols I could try it.

Mech

:groan: I got the hint, no need to pester me more then you already do about it. It might not be for your Birthday but we will get it soon. :heart:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Randy wrote:
I might get to the range tomorrow depending on weather. I'm gonna try it with the Mosin. Finally gonna get to shoot it, I hope. Nah. Rain or shine I'm gonna shoot it. I might not shoot at these paper targets if it's raining but I'll shoot at the dirt if need be. So will I get a title if I can hit the berm at 20 yards? :funny: :funny: :laugh:

Ivan would be upset if you can't hit the berm at 20 yard's.. hell with the bayo on it you could stick the berm :wow: :wow: :funny: :scared: :hmmm:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Cornhusker wrote:
I'll throw out an additional challenge.
Handguns, 4.5 inch barrel or shorter at 25 ft, standing, no rest.
10 rounds at this target.
Bullseye is 5 points, subtract a point for every ring away from the center and 1 point for a shot on the paper outside the rings.

Ok. Got back from the range. I shot a few targets and have them ready to scan if the friggen scanner works. I have a question first though. I realize that points are the key. I have multiple targets that have 9 out of 10 holes in them. I couldn't figure out where that 1 "magic bullet" kept going. I do have 1 target with 10 holes in it. A few of the others have a few more shots in the bulls eye and closer to it, but I kinda want to present the 1 with all 10 holes in it. So my question is, would it behoove me to count all the targets and present the one with the most points or the 1 with all 10 shots on the paper?
Please help me out, I almost missed a stupid ass mandatory meeting to get this done. I just barely made the meeting. Lol.

Mech

Fill your hands, you son of a bitch! - Rooster Cogburn
Revenge is a meal best served cold!
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!
I wouldn't be so paranoid, if everyone wasn't out to get me!
Officially a friend of a sadistic dirty old man. Lol.
It's always raining in my head. - Staind
Killing Is My Business, And Business Is Good! - Dave Mustane. - Megadeth.
http://www.military.com/video/operation ... 618611001/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:58 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Cornhusker wrote:
Ok, since I can't get the 20 shot rifle thing done, here's my first entry into the 25 ft/10 shot pistol challenge.
I don't know, maybe this needs to be it's own thread?
Anyway, I score this as a 32 out of a possible 50 (I'm counting the one that clipped the bull as 5).

Well shit Husker. The most I points I counted was 25 so it doesn't even seem worth it to send in. I probably will anyway though. Weird thing is. I was shooting my beloved Sellier and Bellot ammo and they started jamming on me and maybe I just got irritated, that's the excuse I'm using anyway. I found out that the Independence bullets I was dissing because of the Blazer cases worked a lot better. I will clean my C-9 and blow the mags out and mic. the lips and ears. It just pisses me off when they jam like that. It didn't happen very much, but just once pisses me off. I really believe that if I can get my finances together, getting a David Mahan sight and cut out the constantly moving rear sight. Last week I could shoot a tick off a gnat at 25 feet, today, I don't know what to say.

Mech

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Well one thing is this. You felt rushed. Can't do it on a deadline. I was out the other day with the targets and opted out of even trying it at that time. It was muddy and I didn't have any good stands for the targets. I bought some electric fence posts later that day and will get my local welder friend to weld some tabs on asap. I'd do it myself but I don't have a welder ......yet. I could go with the PVC stands but thesem will be cheaper yet.

So, pick a time that you aren't rushed and try it again. I didn't see anywhere that said you couldn't submit multiple targets. Good Luck!

I'm still working on the sniper challenge. But the weather hasn't been cooperating much.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:18 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Randy wrote:
Well one thing is this. You felt rushed. Can't do it on a deadline. I was out the other day with the targets and opted out of even trying it at that time. It was muddy and I didn't have any good stands for the targets. I bought some electric fence posts later that day and will get my local welder friend to weld some tabs on asap. I'd do it myself but I don't have a welder ......yet. I could go with the PVC stands but thesem will be cheaper yet.

So, pick a time that you aren't rushed and try it again. I didn't see anywhere that said you couldn't submit multiple targets. Good Luck!

I'm still working on the sniper challenge. But the weather hasn't been cooperating much.

Oh Randy, my good bud. I didn't really seemed rushed. I had all day, that piece of shit meeting I had to go to didn't even enter my mind, until Rainee called and said I had to go. The first few shots were off because, "I should have added this to the HP improvement post," the sights float. I know that if given the choice of defending my household I would fill something with lead. I really wanted to show someone that I don't know a lot about reloading, but I have shot most of my life.
I sat here for like an hour modifying my mag lips. I hope I didn't fuck up the ones that were right.
My best brother's mom, not my mother, is dying of cancer and he is my go to guy for computer stuff and I wouldn't feel right to bug him about something that isn't important to him.
To be honest, I suffer from PTSD and I should have popped a Xanax before going, it would have made my hands super steady. When the first jam came from my 10 rounder, I wanted to throw it as far as I could. I even brought my discussed mood home and now I'm calm.
Point being. I need those David Mahan sights. I'm gonna blame it on that for now.
I think my dad will give me the money for them, he seemed interested, which surprises me.
Thanks bud.......Mech

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
MechWolf wrote:

Well shit Husker. The most I points I counted was 25 so it doesn't even seem worth it to send in. I probably will anyway though. Weird thing is. I was shooting my beloved Sellier and Bellot ammo and they started jamming on me and maybe I just got irritated, that's the excuse I'm using anyway. I found out that the Independence bullets I was dissing because of the Blazer cases worked a lot better. I will clean my C-9 and blow the mags out and mic. the lips and ears. It just pisses me off when they jam like that. It didn't happen very much, but just once pisses me off. I really believe that if I can get my finances together, getting a David Mahan sight and cut out the constantly moving rear sight. Last week I could shoot a tick off a gnat at 25 feet, today, I don't know what to say.

Mech

Mech
I kinda get that way too, when it doesn't count, I can put em all in the same hole, but start a contest and I'm lucky to hit paper.
Far as i can tell, you aren't limited to one target posted, I'd post whatever had the points and keep trying.
I know I'm gonna try again, I know I can do better. :mrgreen:
I just need a day the wind isn't blowing and it's not raining. (my excuses)
I shot some S&B in my Glock, and then I shot some Federal.
The Federal shoots better for me, I don't shoot as well with S&B.
I've noticed that with .380 also.

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:09 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

i think im feeling an outing tomorrow with the 22.... dont have any 9mm piled up anymore.. so rifle it is.. see if i can still make one holers with my singe shot JC HIGGINS :D.. guess ill just have to figure out how its POI is at 20 yards and go for it

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

any questions you guys have about the rules, ask ajole, this is his baby. Ill just be around in case of a major pissing on the floor type of disagreement on this one. :groan:

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:03 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I was hoping to get out again this Friday but the weather forecast isn't looking to good. I can deal with a light rain but not a heavy one.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
waltham41 wrote:
any questions you guys have about the rules, ask ajole, this is his baby. Ill just be around in case of a major pissing on the floor type of disagreement on this one. :groan:

Good idea
What say ye Ajole?
More than one target or just the one?

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:04 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I thought we could shoot as many targets as we wanted and turn in the best. I'm not a cheater. I would really like to know.

Mech

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Mech nobody thinks you are a cheater, this is the first time we have done this so it is a work in process.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Ok next question...IF it's one target is it one target per outing or one target period?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:02 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Sorry for being absent guys...graduation time at the school, and we get crazy busy for a few days.

Yes, this is all for fun, and for practice...shoot as many targets as you want, whenever you want, in as many trips as you want; and submit as many as you want, or at lest the best few.

Judging by our targets, and I include myself :oops: ...if anyone is cheating, they need to work on that, in addition to the shooting. :mrgreen:

And a big +1 to shooting ragged holes for fun, and sprayin all over when shooting for record. But that's part of the fun of this...getting used to that pressure, and becoming a better shooter. :thumb:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next