Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shot my Desert Eagle .50ae
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Am waiting for the gear to arrive to start reloading, in the meantime I found a box of ammo at a local gun store.

Didn't put a target up, just wanted to see if I could handle the recoil. I think the slide absorbs some of the recoil when it cycles, it definitely had some kick to it but it wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be. I really think my 454 casull revolver has more felt recoil.

It did pop out a nice fireball in the bright sunlight about the size of a cantaloupe :)

I think this one is going to be a keeper... why, I have no idea but it has a huge coolness factor to it :)

At the muzzle the 300g bullet is traveling at 1500fps and has a buttload of muzzle energy . Think hand held anti tank gun ')

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shot my Desert Eagle .50ae
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Expensive, isn't it? Check the prices for .500S&W (I think I need one of those revolvers). I bought all the .50ae Bass Pro had in stock (2 boxes) and I haven't seen any on the shelf anywhere in Vegas since. The 335 gr reloads have noticeably more recoil. Fireball is similar and fired brass looks the same.
waltham41 wrote:
Am waiting for the gear to arrive to start reloading, in the meantime I found a box of ammo at a local gun store.

Come to think of it, I haven't fired it at a target yet. Part of the fun is shooting at something that will move when hit.
Quote:
Didn't put a target up, just wanted to see if I could handle the recoil.

I agree about the big revolvers having more recoil. I definitely think my Astra Terminator (snubby .44 mag) is more fierce. Most people I've talked to who shoot the DE agree.
Quote:
I think the slide absorbs some of the recoil when it cycles, it definitely had some kick to it but it wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be. I really think my 454 casull revolver has more felt recoil.

It did pop out a nice fireball in the bright sunlight about the size of a cantaloupe :)

Weird, huh? At first I was 'ho-hum' about it but the more I shoot it the more I get a kick out of it.
Quote:
I think this one is going to be a keeper... why, I have no idea but it has a huge coolness factor to it :)

At the muzzle the 300g bullet is traveling at 1500fps and has a buttload of muzzle energy . Think hand held anti tank gun ')

One thing the DE has done for me for certain: I'll never bitch about the crappy grip on those Glock contraptions ever again (fingers crossed).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Glad you got to give it a try!! Sounds like fun!! :great:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

It is fun Jason, and like amp said, its quite a handful. I think my raging judge may be a bigger overall pistol, but I don't think its heavier. The DE is a very beefy solid handgun.

Amp I think I am at the top of where I want to go with handguns, got a 44mag, 2 pistols that shoot 454 casull and now the 50ae. any bigger than that will just plain hurt LOL

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:40 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
The .50, Judge, and a rhino are 3 I would really like to shoot. Maybe I can add them to my bucket list.

"Contrary to what your mother told you violence can at times solve problems."

"There is only one way to deal with violence is to use greater violence" an Israeli exchange student.

Never shoot a large calber man with a small caliber weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
That Rhino is a really unusual gun!! And seem to be popular as hell...

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Only thing still on my bucket list is a full auto and Mrs Waltham has told me to not even let that idea float around in my head.... So I suppose I am pretty well at the end of the line as far as exciting new toys.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:28 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
waltham41 wrote:
Only thing still on my bucket list is a full auto and Mrs Waltham has told me to not even let that idea float around in my head.... So I suppose I am pretty well at the end of the line as far as exciting new toys.

Never say never, there's always another toy out there waiting.

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yeah I know husk... I am wanting a 7.62x39 upper for my ar ;)

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail