Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: T&E Day at the Range.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:18 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Spent two days out in the high desert that is my range doing some T&E. up first was the handbuilt 300 Blackout. the lass who built this gun from the ground up has been working on this gun for almost a year. it ran flawlessly when we used the correct ammo. some of what we ran just wasnt hot enough to consitently cycle.

temperature at the time of the shoot was 44°. intervals of rain. gotta love the high desert out here.

[url=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10-15123226_zps55317251.png.html]Image

and yes she is blowing through rounds without ears in.

just a shot showing the open expanse of the back half of the range. this is before any targets were set up. we later set up targets at the front half.

[url=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10-15123115_zps971c0156.png.html]Image

also on the menu was a new mossberg 500 20g.
more shooting of the awesome bersa bp9cc.
the well priced rock island 1911's
the unbeatable springfield XD/hs2000
the budget maverick88 with budget defense loads
and the sensational full auto 995...see carbine section for details.

somehow on day two a taurus pt111 g2 snuck onto the range. i tried to shoot the owner with it but of course it just went "click" seriously. not a safe gun to have out there. im sure plenty of them rock. but that one had light primer strike after light primer strike. good to train you not to flinch. bad for blood pressure

what we learned. ill try to add photos as i go

the custom 300aac blackout. without a doubt one of the nicest guns ive ever fired. a truly well built gun. a big congrats to the owner who built this gun correctly. and what a classy lady she is. match grade trigger went a long ways for me in that cold. we did have some trouble with the P-mags. dont load to 30 rounds with poly mags. i should know that by now but i did it anyways. 25 rounds worked well enough but in some of the videos i shot it shows the poly mags were difficult to fully seat when loaded to 30. download to 25 and not a single issue.

mossberg 500 20g.

[url=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1011141104_zps4529fc65.jpg.html]Image
this was a donation to the cause. 500 rounds of 20g. how awesome are people?

its a mossberg. just does its job. the smaller framed people really enjoy the 20g. absolutely reccomended for home defense if you have a small wife. or are small framed yourself. ran flawlessly. duh. doesnt have sling attachments which isnt a big deal but if i ever hunted with it id need sling studs.

bersa bp9cc.

fantastic pea shooter. bitch to take down. i prefer glock simple. xd takedown is ok. but i hate trying to pull a pin out with numb fingers. no failures with aluminum. brass. or steel. likes federal classic hi shok.

rock island 1911 gi.

ehh. needs a better recoil spring. to soft. sometimes wouldnt fully go into battery. liked +p ammo and ball ammo wwb. but didnt like hand loads.

this gun will be tested more.

springfield XD.

nuff said. flawless gun. boringly reliable. i was doing some run and gun drills and found a half of a 55 gallon drum...27.5 gallons? mabe only 23 depending on where it was cut. anyways i jogged with it for a bit then carried it out to 100 yards and shot it 20 out of 26 times with wwb ball ammo. just a good reliable gun. im done testing it. its passed. but its still a joy to shoot if you like 1911's but want more ammo.

Mossberg Maverick 88

dudes. go buy one. its that good. for 200 bucks; i got mine for 120 with two barrels and a full set of choke tubes, you cant go wrong. its a 500. just cheaper. mexican and american parts. durable so far. just takes a beating. really loosened up the slide after 150 rounds or so. such a good snick snack to it.

while im on that, home defense rounds. buckshot. go to walmart. box of 25 rounds for 11$ suprema. 2 3/4. great stuff. cheap. reliable. we've burned through 3 boxes now. just awesome stuff.

hope i didnt bore the shit out of you guys. but i wanted to post that before it slipled my mind. if any of you guys ever make it down to colorado please drop in.

you guys gave me a nice big welcome. and have treated me fair. beers are on me. and ammo...well....depends on what you bring. but it may be my treat too.

ill try and get more pictures up before long. not much energy still. went mia for a bit because i stuck my hand in a glove full of black widows. 'DOH!'

so i may be slow on the uploads.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Sounds like a great day to me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: T&E Day at the Range.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:55 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Except for the hand in glove with the black widow part, why you go and do that owl?

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:34 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

what can i say. cheap thrills. someone said "bet you dem black widders will kill ya" apparently if they bite you 4-5 times its damn near true. actually i stuck my hand in a glove that had been sitting for a year and a widow made her home in it. she was pissed. chewed on my hand a bit. 5 hours later i went to the er for some pain killers. 1400$ later i reckon i coulda handled the pain just fine lol

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

to me the only good spider is a dead spider.... I hate the things

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:44 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

waltham41 wrote:
to me the only good spider is a dead spider.... I hate the things

i couldnt agree more. spiders are thick this year. as well as scorpions and centapedes. all miserable little critters.

we're gearing up for another range session. throwing in a j frame snub nose. the ruger lc9. the mossberg 702. and the renewed hi point 995ts.

im doing a getaway day right before it where im gonna hike down to my secret hidey hole on the river and do some fishing and cooking. chances of survival are pretty slim with my fishing skills so i figure ill bring at least 12lbs of bacon for me and the pack dog. ive been running the fieldline tactical gear for a few years now and its so dirt cheap its hard not to love. but im throwing in their alpha 3 day pack to see if its worth a damn.

then ill pack up and head out to the range. hopefully all the spiders will have frozen by then lol.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:05 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Sounds like some fun will be had BarnOwl. Wish I could join ya, I need a break.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I'll go shooting fer ya tolly ;)

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:46 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

damn! been a while since i had a long range day! only time i have is in winter... when it is too cold! sounds like you had a great time!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:23 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

you guys are always welcome here iffin ya need to cause some mayhem or you just wanna camp by the river and catch some catfish. its pretty laid back down here. hopefully i dont freeze.

im packing in only what i can carry on the first trip so weight is a huge factor. i was gonna pack the hi point in but holy crap. its just too heavy and doesnt fit in any pack. i see a folding stock in the near future. hopefully the new pack is here by friday so i can swap all my gear out and see if im gonna like it. ive minimized about everything i can and im still gonna wind up with about 60lbs on my back. ill have to load the mutt up with probably 10lbs of tent and water and the medipack. im just spending one day on the river and one day on the range hecause of how cold ita getting at night. dog may not mind the cold but im starting too.

i think we dont get out enough any more. seems like chaps my age all want to be inside collecting welfare and paying child support. bet if they got out and went camping or hunting they'd get a job damn fast. its amazing how hard you're willing to work when you have a passion to pay for

should be fun chaps. i figure if i cant catch a fish, likely, ill shoot some doves or a rabbit and really put the dog to work. who knows. maybe a video of my horrid fishing skills lol

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:46 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Let us know how the trip goes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:14 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Ditto!

srtolly wrote:
Let us know how the trip goes.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

dudes. got my hi point fixed. was so bored that i dug deep through a box and found a....dont shoot me. tasco 3x9 . took her to the range. top one is 100 yards with a shooting stick for some balance. target below was me standing at 50 yards getting that scope sighted in. not bad. hi point is rocking those targets.

dont know why some people find these guns ugly. anything that can make me look like a decent shot is pretty to me :hehlol:

disclaimer. i am the worst standing shooter you will ever meet. im sure you guys can destroy what i did. but i just didnt have the time or a shooting rest. im just not an excellent rifle shooter in general when im standing. kneeling. prone. or sitting im fine. but standing. ehh. targets show that i wobble alot.

this gun is for sure going with me on the getaway day. i think the owlets will really enjoy running that gun come next range day.

now. to convince the lady friend that its safe to shoot again :whistle:

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

That's not bad shooting BarnOwl. Tasco scopes aren't that bad, I've had pretty good luck with them on my rimfires.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:38 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

i agree. tascos are good for rimfires. but i doubt they hold up well on rifles. the 995 recoil isnt much more than a 22mag. i dont think id run one on my 7400 though.

ive really grown fond of the centerpoints for all applications. awesome little scopes at their price. but for beating on. well. i really dont feel like tearing up even my nikon. the owlets that im training next week arent exactally graceful. i imagine this 995 will look like john rambo by the time we're done with it lol.

i actually have a little 4x tasco on my 702 mossberg. but all i do is plink with it now.

looks like tuesday wednesday are my days off this week so i should he able to put a few hundered rounds through it. maybe even lay waste to some prareie dogs if i get a chance lol.

large chunk of my pinky pad on the palm of my hand sloughed off from the bites so ill see if i can still shoot straight

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next