Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: T&E Day at the Range.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:10 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
George Taylor wrote:
My relatives are in a mausoleum.

The last people to be buried in my family was my grandparents somewhere in Georgia. :dunno: Everyone since has been cremated and scattered. We simply moved around to much to leave someone in one spot since their graves would never be visited. I don't even know where my mother is buried. My Dad was scattered off a ship in the Pacific ocean where he served in the Korean war and a small part is here in our house. My brother was also cremated but I don't know what my SIL did after that, I didn't go to the funeral. He was my favorite brother. I just don't get too sentimental over dead people but I'm very glad there are those who do. I know my thinking isn't right but I can't make it any different because that would be lying.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 995

Eff the cold and eff flinching. Hot 45 acps hurt in the cold

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Finally got the sccy review done. Revised. Refilmed. Re-evaluated. I dont like doing reviews. Its just gonna piss people off. But its my findings

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:11 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

With regards to the Sccy review video, I like the extended magazine and the finger grooves. I use the gun for the long trek in total darkness from my warehouse to my home. I don't have to conceal it. I slip it in my back pocket, fitting tightly behind my wallet with the handle protruding out. I can reach back and get an excellent purchase on the gun for a quick and confident draw. I know it shoots ball ammo, so that's what's loaded. It's drop safe, so I know that unless I puuulll the trigger, it's not going to go bang. Don't misunderstand me, I don't like the gun. I practice with it alot and because of the long trigger pull, it might be the gun I'm least accurate with. Then why carry it? Because the big goofy grip that Barnowl dislikes is perfect for grabbing out of my back pocket. The long crappy trigger allows me a false sense of security. A hair trigger may result in shooting a neighbors dog. Friends ask why I don't use a holster. It's just easier. I unlock it from the security box, slip it in behind my wallet, turn off the lights, pull the door shut and go. This gun took over for a Thunder 380 because of the grip. BarnOwl, I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, I'm being honest. The Thunder 380 is more accurate, more fun to practice with, and doesn't care what I feed it. If my Hi Point had better back pocket balance, I'd carry it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:47 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

George Taylor wrote:
With regards to the Sccy review video, I like the extended magazine and the finger grooves. I use the gun for the long trek in total darkness from my warehouse to my home. I don't have to conceal it. I slip it in my back pocket, fitting tightly behind my wallet with the handle protruding out. I can reach back and get an excellent purchase on the gun for a quick and confident draw. I know it shoots ball ammo, so that's what's loaded. It's drop safe, so I know that unless I puuulll the trigger, it's not going to go bang. Don't misunderstand me, I don't like the gun. I practice with it alot and because of the long trigger pull, it might be the gun I'm least accurate with. Then why carry it? Because the big goofy grip that Barnowl dislikes is perfect for grabbing out of my back pocket. The long crappy trigger allows me a false sense of security. A hair trigger may result in shooting a neighbors dog. Friends ask why I don't use a holster. It's just easier. I unlock it from the security box, slip it in behind my wallet, turn off the lights, pull the door shut and go. This gun took over for a Thunder 380 because of the grip. BarnOwl, I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, I'm being honest. The Thunder 380 is more accurate, more fun to practice with, and doesn't care what I feed it. If my Hi Point had better back pocket balance, I'd carry it.

Most excellent points dewd! Much appreciated information. I love this kind of stuff. Again. My opinon is just that. An opinon. Im glad it works for you! I still wont sing its praises as the greatest pistol. Like some do. But im not gonna trash it. It worked for me. And i tried to break it. But it survived. I like it. I just personally feel it could be much better.

I have a vlog im filming tomorrow that is basically me raging against the youtube establishment that thinks they need to state their opinons as facts.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:36 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Not a good reviewer? Owl, that was an excellent review! Straight forward, no BS, what yo see is what you get!

Keep up the great work!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:55 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I love BarnOwls videos and reviews. I just thought it was interesting that I carry the gun for some of the reasons BarnOwl doesn't. I was looking at the combat (rubber finger) grips for my Thunder 380. It's heavier, but I'm only going 100 yards. It's a better gun. DA/SA trigger, not ammo sensitive, hammer block safety and good looking. It's only downside...not made in the USA.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:28 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Just some no bs shooting with the decidedly neat henry survival rifle...20...50...100 yards?

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:40 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

I like the take down survival type .22s also. Always wanted one, never got one. Anymore, I'm more of a pistol guy so probably will never have one, but I still like em!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Ex_ISP wrote:
I like the take down survival type .22s also. Always wanted one, never got one. Anymore, I'm more of a pistol guy so probably will never have one, but I still like em!

Its a neat gun. Ive enjoyed it. Had some of the older ones and they sucked. But the henry has been 100% with quality 22's

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

When I was a kid, my brother and I had a Daisy bb gun that we shoot in my parents basement. We shot at a coffee can an it would only enter and not exit, so we could recycle the BBs. I traded a mini bike engine for a pump Crossman and after shooting the same setup we discovered we were punching through the can and into my dad's bar front. He was not happy. Aaannnyway...a couple years ago a buddy came over with a Henry rifle just like the one in the video. I swear it had less kick than that Crossman. I found the Henry survival rifle to be as accurate as any 22 rifle I've shot, and stores in the butstock. We put a gizillion rounds through it without failure. And quiet too. I was impressed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:54 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

George Taylor wrote:
When I was a kid, my brother and I had a Daisy bb gun that we shoot in my parents basement. We shot at a coffee can an it would only enter and not exit, so we could recycle the BBs. I traded a mini bike engine for a pump Crossman and after shooting the same setup we discovered we were punching through the can and into my dad's bar front. He was not happy. Aaannnyway...a couple years ago a buddy came over with a Henry rifle just like the one in the video. I swear it had less kick than that Crossman. I found the Henry survival rifle to be as accurate as any 22 rifle I've shot, and stores in the butstock. We put a gizillion rounds through it without failure. And quiet too. I was impressed.

Always thought it was a good design, i have a 10/22 takedown. But its still big even broken down. Only the barrel unlocks so the stock and receiver still take up 22 23 inches? I dont like the case it came with cause thats one more damn bag to haul around. The henry fits in any bag over 18 inches and thats awesome. Makes camping fun too, primary rifle is there if you need it. But you aint gonna shoot a cotton tail with an -06. I like the h&r handi rifles as well but they are super heavy and the small shotgun barrels are still to long

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a couple of the AR7 rifles. I had one given to me due to functioning problems which I cured in about 10 minutes and have been shooting the rifle 4 years with no further problems.

The accuracy of the rifle is as good as any .22 on the market if equipped with a scope and shot off sandbags. They never get that treatment due to the nature of the rifle and the fact that you can not pack them into the stock with a scope mounted.

My solution to that problem is the addition of a GI ammo pouch filled out as a survival kit with a small red dot sight included which indexes well when placed on the rifle once it is assembled. The ammo pouch stays clipped to the sling I mounted on the stock. The pouch is also a good place for a full box of ammo.

A lot of folks do not realize that when you stow the broken down rifle you can fit a magazine in the receiver and another in the magazine storage slot, so you can carry two mags in the disassembled rifle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:54 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Tincup wrote:
I have a couple of the AR7 rifles. I had one given to me due to functioning problems which I cured in about 10 minutes and have been shooting the rifle 4 years with no further problems.

The accuracy of the rifle is as good as any .22 on the market if equipped with a scope and shot off sandbags. They never get that treatment due to the nature of the rifle and the fact that you can not pack them into the stock with a scope mounted.

My solution to that problem is the addition of a GI ammo pouch filled out as a survival kit with a small red dot sight included which indexes well when placed on the rifle once it is assembled. The ammo pouch stays clipped to the sling I mounted on the stock. The pouch is also a good place for a full box of ammo.

A lot of folks do not realize that when you stow the broken down rifle you can fit a magazine in the receiver and another in the magazine storage slot, so you can carry two mags in the disassembled rifle.

Good to hear from you TC! And excellent points man. Do you reccomend a red dot? Ill order one and try it. I have an eotech xps2-rf. But im not sure i wanna do that

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:20 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

So. I felt like a douchebag. Talking about the henry being a "survival rifle" but ive never tried to hunt with it. Today i decided I needed to represent it better. And try it. I only loaded up two magazines. walked to my hill from my dads 4 miles away. I carried a 2 day survival pack. A springfield xds. A henry survival rifle. And two full mags for both. I had set tactical dog loose on the rabbits all last week and this week and i hunted the back side of my hill, far away from the domesticated ones. Sat up base at the ralroad pile though. I took all shots between 20-40 yards. I never missed my head shot. And only one cottontail took a second shot to end its suffering. I used 8 rounds. 1 to make sure i was sighted in. 5 on the rabbits. And two at a very suspicious bunny shaped rock. Which i still say might be a rare breed of stonerabbit.

I figured 4 was enough. I'm quite happy to report that yes. I'd now be happy backpacking with the Henry. Once i could identify the rabbit's eye i was able to hold on that and only missed one eye shot. Accurate as you like id say.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next