It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: CVA shotgun stock finish in progress -new pictures-
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
ajole wrote:
I think it is looking great now, I was afraid the Beech would never get there.

Good job! :thumb:

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing but it's getting some looks to it now. I change directions with every day. I say one thing and do another with it. I said I was going to continue oiling it. I guess not. I waxed it tonight. :whistle: I was told the BLO doesn't really build on wood and I was seeing that myself.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CVA shotgun stock finish in progress -new pictures-
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Yep, BLO is good, but not shiny, which is a god thing for military guns. Some wax over the BLO is pretty though. :thumb:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CVA shotgun stock finish FINISHED - NEW, new pictures-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
:bump: New pics in OP.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail