Post subject: Re: pawn shop rescue
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
:great: very nice Tom.
tomteriffic wrote:
ajole wrote:
I like a Walther as well, but I prefer the ones made somewhere outside the US.

Mine is as old as me.

Mine is four years younger than me. Made the first production year after the 10 year Post WW2 Ban

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Mine was made in 86 but the mag is a 56... also have two factory sealed mags still in the wrappers made in 88 but they are staying sealed :)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

waltham41 wrote:
Mine was made in 86 but the mag is a 56... also have two factory sealed mags still in the wrappers made in 88 but they are staying sealed :)

another great one Waltham. :cool:
now y'all are making me think I might need to go get me a P1. humm, guess the bride will be upset with me for a while. UNLESS.........I get her one too... :thinkin:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:33 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Awwww, you guys are killing me with these pictures!

"Almost all the world's constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which "We the people" tell the government what it is allowed to do. "We the people" are free." - Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1/11/1989

My friends, never forget this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

clandis2 wrote:
Awwww, you guys are killing me with these pictures!

I know, they are awful aren't they. Going to talk to a man about another Walther in the morning. is $325 too much for a P1(or P38)?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

325 is a good price on a P1, doubtful that you would find a P38 for that cheap. P1 is a very nice pistol, I wish I hadnt waited so many years to get one.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:05 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I'd say the same thing, P1 yes, but you can get one from Wideners for the same price with a C&R, P38 grab it quick at that price, P38 goes for closer to twice+ that.

The thing I wonder about with these online companies is how they can stay in business when they never have any guns in stock? This is true even before the stupitity started. :dunno:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Randy wrote:

The thing I wonder about with these online companies is how they can stay in business when they never have any guns in stock? This is true even before the stupitity started. :dunno:

Ive been wondering the same thing. Everybody is out of everything. How can they afford to pay their employees if they arent selling anything?

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

ok guys, good news and bad news.
Good news - My beautiful bride decided she did not want the PPK/S I bought last week. :D

Bad news - She decided she does want the PPK that followed me home today :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:17 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Very nice! I never see guns like that.

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

ajole wrote:
Very nice! I never see guns like that.

thanks ajole. I went to look at a P1 and a P38, ended up with the PPK instead. Damn this addiction! :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

It appears the early cz series is a copycat design of the earlier PPK series because they are similar in appearance. :thinkin: And they also appear to field strip the same way. :dunno: Pull down the trigger guard, pull the slide back, lift the rear of the slide and then slide it forward and off the frame?

I like that gun too! ;) I like the smooth lines and solid metal look instead of the modern squared off and angular look, not to mention the cheap plastic look. :eeewww:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

good eye Randy. you are correct. " The PP and the PPK were among the world's first successful double action semi-automatic pistols that were widely copied, but still made by Walther. The design inspired other pistols, among them the Soviet Makarov, the Hungarian FEG PA-63, the Argentinian Bersa Thunder 380, the Spanish Astra Constable, and the Czech CZ50."
The guy I boguht this PPK from had a Manurhin PP on his side but wouldn't come off it (DAMNIT!) Lord knows I tried. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Well, Maybe not a good eye, I have a CZ82 and I love it. I don't the 9x18 though. Not the round itself but the availability or lack of. When they come up for sale on the interwebz is usually when I don't have any money and when I have the money there's none available, at least at a reasonable price. :dunno: So I'm on the lookout for empty brass and boolits so I can reload. But these days even those are few and far between. To bad I can't shoot 9x17 through it. :wow: :hmmm:

Profile E-mail