Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Got the C9 to complete the set, but...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:52 pm 
Guru
Guru

Favorite Hi-Point: CF380
I took out all my mag lockout bars just didn't see the point

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Dude dont freak out, its just the drop safety counter weight. It hooks to a little arm that keeps the sear from falling if you drop your pistol. Believe me , it works. :thumb:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 pm 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
The rattle is the counter-weight. Just give it some oil to loosen it up and allow it to slide like it was designed to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:33 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
#1, Just forget forums & call MOM!
Most of this information from these people is wrong except the one that says the magazine lockout spring is in the bottom of the grip on the right side. My C9 NEVER makes any rattling noise with a mag in or out. if the magazine lockout is making noise it can only be because it is installed wrong and if it is installed wrong you'll have problems with the magazine working right. it's under tension with a magazine in or out. bu then again maybe mine is not noisy because I lube in the grips copiously with Vaseline i use Vaseline because Vaseline liquefies when heated and then solidifies again whereas practically useless gun oil just evaporates and goes away when it gets a little warm and then your weapon locks up. You can use silicon grease too, but gun oil is about the most useless lubrication on the planet for a gun, if you coat your weapon with it to keep it from rusting, it will evaporate in the closet while not being used in the air conditioning and still let your weapon rust. But Vaseline will not. Furthermore the 2 drops of oil down the magazine well recommended by the manufacturer is pure hogwash. trained and certified weapon experts have told me variously "all the manufacturers say that, I don't know why, but you should oil the pi** out of it and then oil it some more" and also to "use Vaseline." Incidentally my trigger got smoother when i copiously lubed the parts inside the grips with Vaseline. Finally, as I said just call MOM up and he'll most likely tell you exactly what is causing it and will send you a part to correct it if that is what it needs. Just because a weapon doesn't cost a lot doesn't make it a throw away. I find my 9 to be very accurate and very reliable as well the more I use it which to me is all that counts.Furthermore, when I bought it I tried all the others for trigger pull and they were all bow strings too, Hi-point no worse than the $900 ones.

But mainly, the idea that this gun is somehow not reliable because it doesn't cost very much and makes a little noise, is unsound logic. It's not how little it costs that makes it valuable or not, IT'S HOW WELL IT WORKS. Mine has a better trigger pull after breaking it in than any $900 pistol. The creep, drag, play, release of my trigger combined is about 1/32" and feels like about 3 lb pull although I was told it can't be because it will go fully auto with under a 6 lb pull. it came with 10 lbs, a real bear and I called MOM and he said to send it in and he'd lighten it to 6 lbs under warranty for free and sent it back with a new mag, ghost ring sight, all the stuff it came with new. Get S&W to do that! Plus with a phone call, MOM sends me any part I ask for for free. And after shooting an S&W .380 "BodyGuard the other day and getting a-load of the inch long trigger creep that feels just like the trigger on my $20 BB pistol, I'd be using the S&Ws for a spare if I was stupid enough to spend $450 for the junk. My Hi-Point 9 may have cost only $150, but at least the trigger doesn't feel like drawing the string on a bow M&P S&W .380 that cost 2-3 times more.

nuff said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

rubrtoe, did you notice that the last time anyone was in this thread was YEARS ago? Just sayin'

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:18 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Hey, at least he is reading and posting :) Welcome to the forum rubtoe, happy to have you here.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:32 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I get this. You get so passionate about the subject or comment that you forget to check the last time the thread was posted. It happened to me at a Russian motorcycle forum and the guys weren't as forgiving as the bunch here at HiPointTalk. Rubrtoe....keep posting. Posting to an old thread gave me a chance to read something that wasn't on the front page.

Profile E-mail