Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: C9 dropping the magazine.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:49 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
My C9, which has been nearly flawless for almost 10 years has started dropping the magazine after firing a couple rounds. I thought it might be me hitting the release, but I'm not having this problem with the 380. Just wondering if there's a tweek to the mag or something. I guess I should have tried a magazine now that I'm thinking about it. Speaking of flawless. My Tanfoglio Witness rocks. A novice shooting for his second time used it to shoot ketchup packages stapled to cardboard at 21ft.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: C9 dropping the magazine.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:59 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Try a different mag and if that doesn't fix the problem your mag release is worn.... you can either send the pistol back to mom for repair, or call mom and they will, I'm sure, be happy to send you a new mag release free of charge.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:04 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Exactly what Walt said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:28 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Could also try a quick, down and dirty fix. Needle nose pliers in the retainer hole and bend slightly outward. If that doesn't work might file the leading edge of the mag retainer pin flat again. :dunno:

I try fixing things myself before giving my things to others so they can do the exact same thing for money. :whistle:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:12 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Randy, I like the cut of your jib. Tweeking the magazine retaining hole lip did the trick. The retaining assembly is worn, but I also noticed a groove worn in the backside of the grip where the wire/spring is held in place. I have extra grips, I just gotta find em. In the meantime, I ripped off 2 mags without failure. It's not my best firearm but it's so reliable I keep it within arm's reach. I'll sleep well tonight knowing my C9 is ready and waiting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:40 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Good job Randy!, and George!

Just now back to Phoenix after a week in SLC, Utah for blacksmith training on Damascus steel. Great thing! I now have the knowledge with first hand master level training to
build my own Damascus billets.

Popped open this thread and thought immediately of the spring wire. When I first got my C9 (and didn't yet know of this site), I was having same issue. Just TOUCH
that darned mag release button and it would drop free or just enough that next round would not chamber. Our own Mo spotted my question and replied telling me to "tweak" that spring a bit, and it solved the problem.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:44 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
When I 1st bought my beloved JHP, I told a friend of mine about it...

He launched into a tirade about what a POS a Hi-Point is because he had a C9 that dropped a mag all the time and he just "got rid of it."
Next time I see him I'll tell him it was a pretty simple fix and he shoulda stopped here and asked 1st. :cool:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:38 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I don't even remember all the tweeks and mods I've done to the c9. It's my learning piece. But I've seldom had problems with it (so far). Knock on wood! Most of my mods I believe are cosmetic and designed to make the thing fit my hand. It's not really built for hands like mine. Fat fingers, beefy palms, things like that. I remember working on the slide spring chamber, the extractor, the mag and mag well, the sear, the safeties, the trigger group, etc. I just get bored and take it apart, study the way the parts work together and then play with those parts (within reason). :dunno: If I break it I throw it away. Hopefully my hands and eyes stay intact in the meantime. :wow:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:51 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Only reason I knew about that quick-fix was I bought a well-used and abused C-9 Comp years ago, it was run hard and put away wet pretty much constantly. I called HP and replaced all the springs and firing pin and trigger assembly even before trying to shoot it and ran into the mag drop problem. I didn't have wear on the grips, the spring just wasn't quite up to the task so a little tweak and it ran fine after that.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:45 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

mogunner wrote:
Only reason I knew about that quick-fix was I bought a well-used and abused C-9 Comp years ago, it was run hard and put away wet pretty much constantly. I called HP and replaced all the springs and firing pin and trigger assembly even before trying to shoot it and ran into the mag drop problem. I didn't have wear on the grips, the spring just wasn't quite up to the task so a little tweak and it ran fine after that.

:thumb: Maybe I'll tweek mine anyway just because I haven't.

Profile E-mail