It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: warranty
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:26 am 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Hello.
I have been on here under another name but memory escapes me as to what. For starters .. I am not a troll.
Up to now I have been very satisfied with my C9. At 3000 rounds it quit firing. Company was called and they sent out a new spring set and firing pin. Did not fix the issue. The firing pin was striking the primers all over the place with little force. The gun was sent in and they recieved it 9 bussiness days ago and told the dealer it could ba another couple of weeks. After all the praise I have heard about quick turn around time ... This disturbes me to say tbe least.
Anyone else having warranty issues?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: warranty
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:36 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Welcome back
Sorry to hear you are having troubles, not sure why it's taking so long.
The only warranty work I've ever had was when a friend dropped a HP JCP and broke the rear sight.
I called them and they sent a new sight right away.
I hope you get it resolved quickly

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Sounds like perhaps the firing pin channel may be worn and is not keeping the firing pin straight.
If this is the case, they may be looking into metallurgy on that slide assembly, which would take a few
days/more to be thorough. I wouldn't worry about it at this point... They'll take care of it and get it back to
you in tip top shape! ;)

And Welcome! Glad you joined us!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:24 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
My 45 JHP got so it wouldn't fire all the time like it should...
The spring behind the firing pin was pretty darn weak.

I bought a spring assortment at the hardware store and put a stronger spring behind the firing-pin.
That fixed it!! It's worked good ever since.

That being said - When I take mine apart to clean it, That firing pin can be a little "tweaked" sometimes...
And I take a plastic hammer and with a few taps in the right place - it's straight again!!
And it did that before I put a stronger spring in it too.
The last time I cleaned it - it was nice and straight. And yes, I mean the firing pin...

I usually run anywhere from 350-500 rounds through it when I take it out to shoot - so it get used pretty hard.
I have a lot of rounds through it - and she's still going!! Took it out last week... (-:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:35 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Hi Point is a small company, sounds like they have a backlog and are trying to get caught up... No telling whats going on, but try to look at the bright side... they will fix it for free and may even throw in a mag for your trouble.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:47 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Well gentlemen and ladies ,
They have my name phone number and address and I know they have a record of my calls about this gun. They've had it for a month period 3 weeks if you want to take away their shutdown. I tried calling them today and they are closed. When I spoke with the technician about the problem he had told me that they would get it repair it and within about 3 or 4 days ship it back. It has been much much longer than that and frankly I am really ticked off at this point. I am going to trade it in as soon as I get it back. I like the gun but truthfully this is the worst customer service I have ever had anywhere. I wish I had had the good fortune that the rest of you have had.
Again, I like the way it shoots but their customer service has been really really bad. If they were backed up they should have told me and I could have decided what to do. If the gun was already there and they were backed up they should have informed me of that instead of just leaving me hanging. I have been in management for over 20 years and whether you are selling an item for $2 or $200 or $2,000 follow-up is extremely important. They will not go bankrupt if I choose not to buy any more guns from them but and I truly wish I had not had this experience with their customer service.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

If waiting a couple weeks is so bad (not to say it isn't), don't ever buy a Taurus. My FFL has been waiting THREE YEARS for a rear sight for his Taurus wheelgun.

And stuff does happen. They may have a new foreman that is rough around the edges and 3 people walked off the job... don't know. Only know that historically, there
has not Anywhere been better service than HP.

Sorry you are having trouble with them.

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:14 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

I hope this works out. I am not bashing the guns. They shoot well and to me look and feel good. My gun has been gone close to a month as they recieved it prior to their July shut down. If I didnt like the gun I wouldnt be so frustrated but again. ( maybe I expect too much) I feel this has been handled unprofessionally on their part as originally they didnt seem to know they had it.
Hopefully soon as I would have gladly purchased the new slide assembly instead of going without the gun for this length of time.
Thanks for the reply.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:03 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I'm sorry for your frustration... I dont know what is going on, but it is not the usual service that all of us here have experienced. I hate to say it but Im thinking you have had the unfortunate luck to be that .01% that every company has where they just plain dropped the ball. They will get you taken care of, try to call them Monday, and please keep us informed... We are on your side of this issue.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:18 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I don't know the gun business. I'm in retail food distribution. During the holidays (the food industries busy season) I can't get my supplier to be helpful. Their too busy with keeping up with production. Now, I'm just guessing but I'll bet the summer months are the handgun industry's busy season. Last weekend, my buddies and I shot hundreds of rounds and really put our favorites through their paces. Now multiply that across the country and come up with an acceptable failure rate. Now, take all those guns and sent them to a small manufacturer with a repair center the size of a 3 car garage. Send your gun in around February and you'll get it back fast. If I contact my supplier for a case if flat crackers at Thanksgiving, I might not see them until after Christmas. I'm just sayin'. What other gun are you going to get for $160. Buy another one and use it until the old one comes back. Then you know you always have one that works. I have 2 C9s and it's still less than I paid for my Beretta.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:22 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

A short while ago, I purchased a used 995TS. After tearing it down prior to shooting it for the first time, I noticed that the owners manual indicated that there would be a guide ride in the recoil spring. There was none in mine, nor was there one in my C9. I put the 995 back together and headed to the range where it worked the way it is supposed to. Step 1. Load ammo. Step 2. Pull trigger 3. Goes BANG!

Fast forward to this past Monday. I decided to call MOM to see if they'd send the Hi Point tool. Talked to the tech and he agreed to send one. I mentioned that my 995 didn't have a guide rod in the recoil spring and he said that was standard on the older models, but he'd send me a new recoil spring w/guide rod(he referred to the new recoil spring as the "cigar" type). Those items arrived today! Great service.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who watches the watchmen?"
-- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 M E

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:16 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

They still have my C9. Cannot tell me status or if it has been looked at yet. Why??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

notagame wrote:
They still have my C9. Cannot tell me status or if it has been looked at yet. Why??

Hi Point was sold recently and the old owner passed away. I'm not sure if that has the company mixed up right now or what.... we had a hi point employee that posted on here but I haven't seen him in a while now.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:23 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

waltham41 wrote:
notagame wrote:

Hi Point was sold recently and the old owner passed away. I'm not sure if that has the company mixed up right now or what.... we had a hi point employee that posted on here but I haven't seen him in a while now.

No idea what the problem is with "notagame" and his C9. I do know that in this election year, gun mfg are selling guns as fast as they can produce them. Look at Zanders or Davidson wholesalers and you'll see that HP pistols and carbines are either back ordered or allocated.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who watches the watchmen?"
-- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 M E

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:27 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

I don't see it as a problem with notagame, but somebody has dropped the ball at Mom. Seemingly.

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson