Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I bought another CF380!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I had originally purchased my 380 for my wife, but she complained the even though I say some of the guns are hers, technically they're all in my name. So, for her birthday we went to Dunham's Sports. That was on May 18th. The CF380 was out of stock, and since it's near where she works we stopped in once a week to see if they were back in stock. After about a month the manager took my name and number and said she would call me. Her district manager was there and said he could sell "10 a day" through the stores in his region if he could get his hands on them. Last Saturday, 4 months later I got the call. Nova is now the proud owner of a Hi Point in her name. Yesterday when she got home from work I had the range set up and the two of us went through 100 rounds of Silver Bear. There was one fail to eject because of a split casing. Knocking down cans and chasing them around on the ground at 21ft. For the money there isn't a better performing firearm! New feature...the number 380 can be seen through the ejection port.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:55 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
I've never been a fan of the 380 but I am a fan of Hipoint, sounds like you got a shooter.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I bought another CF380!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:53 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I prefer 9mm, but the price of my first CF380 was $129. At the time I was looking for a bathroom gun and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a firearm that was going to live in a bathroom cabinet. I can't count the number of times I've thought I heard someone in the house while in the shower and the wife is at work. The reliability of Hi Point along with the materials it's made of put it at the top of the list. It just happened that it's a 380. The wife was so good at shooting it I figured...what the hell, why not. So now my arsenal has 3 Classic carbines in 9mm, 2 C9s, and 2 CF380s. All total less that a Kimber 1911. (Although it would be cool to have one of those). What I'm watching for is a deal on an HP 45. People speak highly of them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:45 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

I have to take the wife out and "let" her buy a gun now, what with Missouri just overriding the Democrat Governor's veto of their Constitutional Carry bill. She can't get a Missouri concealed carry permit due to two SIS's about 20 years ago as they are specifically mentioned in the permit application that no SIS's are permitted. Which is ignorant as the Feds don't consider them to be convictions and she can still pass a NICS check! Also, she can get a Florida or Virginia non-resident permit, and Missouri will recognize those!

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:29 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Good for you guys! It didn't pass here in Oklahoma, maybe next time around. I have a permit anyway so...... I gotta ask mo, what is a SIS?

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:03 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
mogunner wrote:
I have to take the wife out and "let" her buy a gun now, what with Missouri just overriding the Democrat Governor's veto of their Constitutional Carry bill. She can't get a Missouri concealed carry permit due to two SIS's about 20 years ago as they are specifically mentioned in the permit application that no SIS's are permitted. Which is ignorant as the Feds don't consider them to be convictions and she can still pass a NICS check! Also, she can get a Florida or Virginia non-resident permit, and Missouri will recognize those!

I hate to continually display my ignorance, but what is a "SIS"?

--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein

Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I gonna guess that it's like "double secret probation". I have a buddy with a suspended firearms charge, but it comes up as a question at every traffic violation. There's just on getting rid of some of the stuff that gets on your "permanent record"...unless your rich or your husband was president. Then you can get away with murder. (Just an expression.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:43 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

It's a "Suspended Imposition of Sentence". Basically a slap on the wrist type thing, they give you a sentence for the crime but don't impose it, put you on probation for a period of time. If you complete probation without any further infractions, it just disappears except for law enforcement. Feds don't consider it to be a conviction, so she can still pass the background check, but Missouri specifically put them in as a cause for denial.

Wife was married to a guy who basically went druggie/criminal on her. She booted him out, BUT he stashed some drugs and a pistol in her car as he knew the cops were after him. They stopped her in the car, looking for him, and found the stash. The officers knew that it was his but had to do their job, judge and DA knew it as well which was why they did the SIS deal on her. Been 20 years now and all she's gotten is a couple of speeding tickets, but still can't get a Missouri CCW.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I purchased a hi-point CF 380 for my wife a few years back. Problem is, due to illness, it's rather difficult for her to pull slide back and shooting a 38 snubby for her was like me shooting two 44 magnums in one hand at the same time (A trick I don't intend to try, but you might get what I'm talking about). The CF 380 proved to be easy for her to work with. Slide comes back like silk for her, and the recoil is very manageable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:14 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

rmuniz , by placing the nose of the slide against the edge of something hard (like a table) and using your weight to rack the slide, anyone can accomplish the task. It's a method shown to me for in case your wounded and only have the use of one hand. The same guy told me to practice offhand for the same reason. I must admit, I need more offhand experience.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:18 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
George Taylor wrote:
rmuniz , by placing the nose of the slide against the edge of something hard (like a table) and using your weight to rack the slide, anyone can accomplish the task. It's a method shown to me for in case your wounded and only have the use of one hand. The same guy told me to practice offhand for the same reason. I must admit, I need more offhand experience.

That and the trick I show ladies that have a hard time cycling the slide. Instead of holding with the shooting hand and pulling with the other hand, you grab the slide and at the same time push with your shooting hand and pull with your slide hand. That way you are dividing the force to cycle the weapon between both hands instead of just one... It works!

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:49 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Quote:
That and the trick I show ladies that have a hard time cycling the slide. Instead of holding with the shooting hand and pulling with the other hand, you grab the slide and at the same time push with your shooting hand and pull with your slide hand. That way you are dividing the force to cycle the weapon between both hands instead of just one... It works!

That technique worked for my wife. She prefers my Bersa .380, but she is able to rack and shoot my CPX-2 and my XD .45, as well.
The Bersa is her "go to" weapon, but it's good to know she could use the others in the house if she needs to.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who watches the watchmen?"
-- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 M E

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939