Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone carry C9 in condition one with a rd. in chamber?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Anyone carry their C9 Hi point pistol in condition one with round in chamber? Being a blowback striker firing pistol, I feel better with carrying it loaded with safety off but not chambered with rd when in Glove box, on nightstand or rarely when I carry it.
When I had my Clock I carried it with one in chamber but design seemed ok for condition one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anyone carry C9 in condition one with a rd. in chamber?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:08 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

When you say "carry", do you mean within reach? I don't actually carry a Hi Point. I do have Hi Points stashed loaded "condition one" in various locations. Since it's just the wife and myself, I'm pretty confident that they're secure. Sometimes you can buy them so cheap, it doesn't make sense not to have them around. One is in one of those finger print safes next to the bed. The safe easily cost more that the gun. There's one locked in a tool box in my shop, another locked in a drawer in my office. And a 380 stashed in the bathroom. That's my favorite location. The bathroom gun was bought for $129 just for that location. There's nothing I hate more than being alone in the house, stepping out of the shower and thinking you heard something. Retrieving a firearm from a locked location takes time when seconds matter. They're all ready.

I remember watching an Israeli training video, where they were teaching to rack the slide as they draw the weapon. Maybe that's the safer way to handle a handgun. As far as "drop fire" safe? I'm pretty sure that you have a better chance of breaking a toe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Either carrying,on night stand or glove box. Pistol loaded ,safety off,But no rd. in chamber due to design of pistol. Only safety keeps it safe and no block on firing pin.Yes. Doesn't take long to rack slide. Not a cop and even in military no rd in chamber .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:10 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Ivan that is how I would carry it Empty chamber, safety off rack the slide and start shooting. The only time I would deviated from this is if I were using it as a bedside gun where it would just be laying there with no movement at all..... then I would consider loaded, one in chamber, safety on.

This is JMO

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, that sums it up .On a night stand one in pipe since No MOVEMENT of weapon. And anywhere else including glove compartment, no rd. in chamber and ok with safety off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:20 am 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I don't carry a C9 but I do carry a JHP in my truck in an under the seat holster and I keep a round in the pipe, safety on. Just me but unloaded it is just a rock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:35 am 
Collector
Collector

For me, Israeli carry condition but in the trunk. Same as the AR15 back there.
At night, local goblins will run up to a car on a red light with someone wearing scrubs(regarded as 'rich' since they have a job) as they're leaving the hospital to rob them. Since there somethings multiple attackers, I carry my G19 or, now, the DB9FS with lots moar Hornady Critical Defense to spread the love around.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:35 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

UGH! I keep all my pistolas fully loaded with chambers empty. However, that doesn't equate to many pistolas. Only four.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:40 pm 
Collector
Collector

Randy wrote:
UGH! I keep all my pistolas fully loaded with chambers empty. However, that doesn't equate to many pistolas. Only four.

Only four? :shock: :groan:
You need to get to the "buying program" quick! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Spongemonkey wrote:
Randy wrote:

Only four? :shock: :groan:
You need to get to the "buying program" quick! :lol:

Well, I have four, my wife has two.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Anyone carry C9 in condition one with a rd. in chamber?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:35 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
All my guns fell in the Mississippi River in a tragic boating accident. At least that's what I tell everyone.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm 

Whatever I'm carrying, it's loaded and ready to go with the pull of a trigger.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, or how they should do it. But for me, I'm carrying a gun for protection, and there may be a time where you only have one arm/hand free to draw that pistol -- forget about working the slide. I'm not sure of the point of carrying without one being chambered if it's for SD, carried on you. Sure, if it's kept in a trunk or glovebox, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Jalapeno Fritos wrote:
Whatever I'm carrying, it's loaded and ready to go with the pull of a trigger.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, or how they should do it. But for me, I'm carrying a gun for protection, and there may be a time where you only have one arm/hand free to draw that pistol -- forget about working the slide. I'm not sure of the point of carrying without one being chambered if it's for SD, carried on you. Sure, if it's kept in a trunk or glovebox, etc.

I agree, but you have to trust the gun you are carrying is safe to keep with a loaded chamber. I generally keep a loaded gun in the center console of my truck, but its loaded and ready to go. M&P .357 sig ex police pistol. That is my "carry" gun.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:15 pm 

Gotcha. I do think guns go off a lot less on their own than when they have help, but I wouldn't encourage anyone to do anything they felt was unsafe. Carrying with an empty chamber is a valid way to carry, especially if you practice that way, and a lot of times it will still be fine.

About 4 years back I bought a used Taurus TCP 380 only because it was a good price and I wanted a micro gun. After shooting it though, I realized the trigger on it was way lighter than I'd trust. (I like DA stiff triggered guns for carry.) I hadn't handled a TCP before then, but after handling new ones later, I believe the original owner of the gun had done some trigger work to it and lessened the pull by quite a bit. I was mad, because I wanted/needed to carry it.

So I carried it with an empty chamber for a bit but it always nagged at me. Then, on Amazon I saw a silicon plug (forget who made it, but I think a couple people make one or a similar thing now)that you stick behind the trigger for the micro 380's. It blocks the trigger from being pulled, but pops out with little force when you touch it. I got one and carried it chambered and with the plug. Felt safe. I eventually replaced it with a new Ruger LCP that has a much stiffer trigger so don't have the plug anymore.

That plug was great, and I'd suggest it to anyone with safety concerns over carrying a revolver or DA pistol. I felt it made the gun safer not just to pocket carry (holstered) but also during the draw it kept my finger off the front of the trigger due to popping the plug out of the guard.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Last week a kid robbed a store and on the way out was trying to put the gun he used in his pants and shot his penis off. He was caught about a block away when the pain took him down... :roflol: :thumb:

Profile E-mail