Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mags. and Ramp
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
:thinkin: Looks like yer tryin to wake the dead on this thread Tim :wow: :shock:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:39 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Naaaaa..... No wakin the dead on this one Randy. This is a thread that's good for anyone who doesn't know about the issues sometimes plaguing HP mags. ;)

R.I.P. Woody, I'm gonna miss ya.
One of the greatest guys I never got to meet in person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

finally got a 2nd mag for the c9 from beemiller... have had it loaded up for a few days, still when cycling by hand rounds nose dive... so which needs to be adjusted... front or rear lips? dont have a set of calipers on hand yet. gonna buy a pair for reloading really soon. but probably wont have a set before i get to range next

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Check this area out Drift. Make sure the bullet nose has enough room to get by the LRHO lever. That is the problem I see in mine. But the only time I have a nosedive is when the first bullet is chambering and then all it takes is a slight bump on the slide to move it into battery.

I've got my mag set to specs and even went so far as to twist the mag with two cresent wrenches which only helped some. The other option I haven't tried yet is and the one I'm pretty sure will work is opening the front of the rear (large) lips up about .005 and closing the rear up the same amount which theoretically would allow the nose of the bullet to ride higher in front in relation to the top of the mag. From what I've observed, when a full mag is installed the top bullet should always be parallel with the top of the ejection port bottom side. This seems to let the nose of the bullet ride up the ramp the best.
EDIT-- Oh yeah, the more the mag lips are opened the higher the bullet rides in the mag so therefore ( yeah , I said therefore lol) they ride closer to the firing pin which may explain why some have had a problem with bent firing pins after slapping a mag home. I posted a .040 clearance on mine but it moved up and contacted the pin if I pushed up on it. So it might be better to adjust each mag to what works best as opposed to a set number from here. One poster said they had 1/8 inch. So trying to get the mag tighter in the mag well might be a project some could tackle also.

The last resort would be to remove a small amount of the LRHO lever. Which I'm hesitant to do. Course I guess if I take to much off a call to mom would get me a new one anyway. So I might try that someday. So far mine has right at 300 rnds through it and to my way of thinking those were trouble free. The slight bump on the slide isn't an issue in my book cause it's not a PDW.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:14 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

ill tinker with it, raining all day long so why not. got 700 through my c9 with one FTE so far (whatever my sig says).. will cross that 1000round benchmark in the next few weeks.. might try and get 1500 through before its first birthday :) haha

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:30 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

If they're nose diving my instinct would be the front lips need to come open a bit.
But also remember, hand cycling isn't the best way to test out the function.
Live fire will tell you much more do to the forces being imparted on the gun. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:41 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

yea i know ape. we had a freezin cold week but it warmed back up today so we'll fire off some rounds soon. but its also a plus since ive been able to let the mags sit loaded for a week or so now

1-FTE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:49 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

:thumb:

I can't talk since I haven't been to the dang gun club in many months! :oops: :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:32 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Hey, All,
Just a "heads up", I'm sure you are all aware that you should be VERY careful about hand cycling the slides on Hi Points with live ammo, because they use the firing pin as the case ejector! Not a problem with fired cases, but with a live primer, it could cause a "KOOMPBACHOW" if you work the slide hard enough!
Cheers,
Fred (Honcho)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yup! But thanks for the reminder... :thumb: :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:53 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Cowards.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:01 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Ape wrote:
You should always check any mag for any gun IMO. Anything can happen from the manufacturing process to the final delivery to the customer. After all, there's allot of shipping and handling that can beat them up before they arrive on your doorstep. :-?

true Ape

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:06 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

ampersand wrote:
Cowards.

No guts, no glory!

Profile E-mail