Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: HP Holster fitment guide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I'm just starting my conceal carry holster search for my C9 and looking in Midway catalog [url](http://www.midwayusa.com)[/url] I found a Gunmate inside-the-pants holster which is ambidextrous. I thought that would be handy since I want to try both side carry (RH) and small of back which would require LH.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this holster and wonder if the 4" listed as being for medium semi-auto pistols would be the right size.

Also, has anyone tried this and recommend or not recommend giving it a try. (for all of $6.99)

Enjoying the forum. Thanks for any input.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
Welcome DanO.... As far as the holster goes..... :dunno:
But if it's only 6.99 it couldn't hurt to try it out and let us all know if it works or not?

R.I.P. Woody, I'm gonna miss ya.
One of the greatest guys I never got to meet in person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Thanks Ape.That's kinda what I figured. Just wondering if anyone had already tried one. Also, been searching since posting and found a Don Hume JIT Slide Holster, J942100R that is supposed to fit the C9.

So many holsters, so little cash. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I hear ya DanO...... But my proble isn't that there's too many holsters and not enough cash. My issue is the opposite....Too many guns and not enough cash. :? lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 pm 

Hello I'm a newborn to the hi point world, seeing as of this post I have owned min for roughly 3 hours, and have yet to get any range time with it. Well typically I only carry a Springfield GI, but hve thought about taking my first step into the world of polymer. Any suggestions for carry and how to get a good holster

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Welcome Clayton! :thumb:

As to how to carry your HP and what holster to use....... It's somewhat of a personal choice really?
Some (if not most) people who carry their HP's do so OWB (Outside the Waist Band). But some have done so IWB ("I"nside the waist band).
And then you get into the realm of Holsters and you have as many choices as you might possibly ever imagine. :? Many people wind up having boxes full of holster's as time goes on. Not that all of the holster's in their boxes didn't work, but more like they find different types that suit different needs.

I would suggest trying out sometjhing inexpensive like Uncle Mike's brand to start out with. 10 or 20 bucks gets you a good solid holster IMO. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I got the K-holster IWB for my C9...its amazing. I liked it so much I got one for my CZ as well.
A little more money, but SO worth it. :yes2:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm 

Well the C9 isnt mine its my sisters. I'm more of a colt man loving the 1911. In fact the C9 marks my very first step into poly guns. The reason for my holstequestion is because I wouldthink that the C9 would be very comfortable to wear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:41 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Well, as for the Gunmate size #6, it's too small. C9 fit in up to the trigger guard. Seems the C9 is considered a large frame semi. I assumed "compact" wouldn't be more than a medium frame. Yeah, yeah, I know the old saying about assuming. ;)

Anyway, ended up getting an Uncle Mikes IWB #15, LH, so I can carry in the small of my back. nice and soft. Outside is nice and soft and pretty comfortable standing/walking. Not so much in bench seat of my S-10. More bearable in captain's chair of E-150 van.

Easy draw and re-holster as well as on/off of waistband/belt. Between this and the "fanny pack" that came with the gun, I think I'll get by for all sitiuations. Maybe I'll save up for one of those Kholsters, though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

I have a Hi-Point c9 9mm and bought a Fobus holster that was supposed to fit a .380 and a c9 but it didnt. So instead of sending it back I sanded the inside a little and now it fits perfect! Might I add its my daily carry and it is very comfortable! Hopefully this info helps someone wanting a Fobus holster for their c9 9mm. Does anyone know if Galco holster fits a c9 good?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

I AM A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!!!!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
--Philippians 4:13

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:20 pm 
hey guys just wanted to let you know i found a great holster for $15. although i bought this for my PT145 the C9 is the same size. it fits like a glove and has great retention. i can hold it upside down and the gun wont fall out and thats with a full mag of .45

AceCase Universal Hide-A-Holster size LG

http://acecase.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 am 
Passerby
Passerby

No new posts here for awhile, but thought I'd throw in another of my 2 cents. I have 2 holsters now that I use regularly for my C9. The paddle holster made by Galco and sold through HP and a Kholster.

The paddle holster is great for winter time when you're not going to be removing your jacket or have an over-sized, untucked shirt. I use it daily also for my drive into Cleveland for work. Easy-on, easy-off while sitting in truck. When I get to work, I remove the pistol and store in a lockbox and the holster goes up over the visor.

The Kholster I got on sale. He has those periodically and you can sign up for email notification when he has them. I got mine when there was a 10% off sale. Just at Thanksgiving time he had a $35 sale on all holsters. If I 'd just waited a couple of months. :groan:

If you don't want to wait for a sale, here is my Rebate Code: 09-5683. Just enter that in the "special instructions" field during checkout and get a 10% discount. He has no limit on how many times or how many people use any given code. His holsters are all LIFETIME warrantied for material and craftsmanship. Even if you trim the leather to your liking. This holster is VERY comfortable to wear. VERY easy to conceal. AND it's much cheaper than the Crossbreed Supertuck, which doesn't come for C9 last time I checked anyway!

That is all. Happy cc'ing. Stay safe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:34 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Hey DanO! Long time no read!
Glad you like the Kholster! :thumb:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Ok hope this is not dumb but, if i am right handed but want to wear on left side for a cross over reach is that possible? I have a HP 380.

Others :Mossberg 183 .410, Ithaca model 37 16 gauge, Rimington 514 .22,
Rimington pump model 12 .22, Winchester model 370 20 gauge, Ruger 10/22 carbine,
**** Hi-Point 380, Hi-point 45ACP ****

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

tim46311 wrote:
Ok hope this is not dumb but, if i am right handed but want to wear on left side for a cross over reach is that possible? I have a HP 380.

Not dumb at all! You can wear a cross draw with any gun if you'd like.
The best way to do this with a HP gun is to find a right handed kydex holster that's adjustable for cant. Then simply adjust the cant of the holster to the angle that feels best for you and put it where you like. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next