It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Negligent discharge !
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:41 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
George Taylor wrote:
A bunch of us were standing at a table I use for holding ammo when my son tripped a clay thrower while in the middle of loading it. Instead of flying down range, the clay flew at us striking a buddy in the back of the head. The clay exploded into a million pieces and he went down like a sack of rocks. He wasn't badly hurt, thank God. We all laugh about it now but when it happened I thought "all these guns and this is what gets him?" Not as dramatic as some of the gun discharge stories but careless is careless. Never know what's gonna get ya.

ROFLOL! Got cold-cocked by a clay! Now THAT'S a good story!!!

But about the discharge stories.... there was this one girl in Da Nang...
:laugh: :laugh: :funny: :funny: :roflol: :roflol: :eeewww: :eeewww:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:33 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

:eeewww:

That clay hadda hurt! Good thing the ones I've seen don't frag as much as they powder. Doesn't mean he couldn't have taken a clay splinter to the spinal column. Ouch!

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:11 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
George Taylor wrote:
A bunch of us were standing at a table I use for holding ammo when my son tripped a clay thrower while in the middle of loading it. Instead of flying down range, the clay flew at us striking a buddy in the back of the head. The clay exploded into a million pieces and he went down like a sack of rocks. He wasn't badly hurt, thank God. We all laugh about it now but when it happened I thought "all these guns and this is what gets him?" Not as dramatic as some of the gun discharge stories but careless is careless. Never know what's gonna get ya.

Probably felt like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat. Glad he wasn't badly hurt.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:38 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
The worst one I ever saw was from somebody that should have known better. We had a young officer with one of the smaller PDs who loved to do the quick draw (obviously watched too much Gunsmoke as a kid). You'd be standing there talking to him, and all of sudden, there it was, him crouched in a classic gun fighter position, gun in his hand. Even I have to admit he was pretty fast BUT HE'D PRACTICE THIS WITH A LOADED WEAPON!

I kept getting on him about it, talked to his chief, the whole thing. And then one day it happened. He'd brought in a guy to the sheriff's office and after the perp had been processed and locked away, he went into the kitchen andd had just poured himself a cup of coffee. And he did the quick draw and the pistol went bang. The round blew a hole clean through a Heavy duty door hinge, through the metal door frame, a piece of a cinderblock, and into the wall on the other side (which fortunately was frame with a brick backing). One of my dispatchers had just walked through that door when the pistol discharged and based upon the bullet path, had the dispatcher been a second slower, it would have gotten him right in the head.

I took the gun away from him, yelled at him, and called his chief threatening to ban him forever from the facility and criminal charges. We finally compromised on a three day suspension without pay, and a trip to the academy to retake the weapons safety course.

After that, he became a poster child for weapons safety.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

rmuniz9336 wrote:
The worst one I ever saw was from somebody that should have known better. We had a young officer with one of the smaller PDs who loved to do the quick draw (obviously watched too much Gunsmoke as a kid). You'd be standing there talking to him, and all of sudden, there it was, him crouched in a classic gun fighter position, gun in his hand. Even I have to admit he was pretty fast BUT HE'D PRACTICE THIS WITH A LOADED WEAPON!

I kept getting on him about it, talked to his chief, the whole thing. And then one day it happened. He'd brought in a guy to the sheriff's office and after the perp had been processed and locked away, he went into the kitchen andd had just poured himself a cup of coffee. And he did the quick draw and the pistol went bang. The round blew a hole clean through a Heavy duty door hinge, through the metal door frame, a piece of a cinderblock, and into the wall on the other side (which fortunately was frame with a brick backing). One of my dispatchers had just walked through that door when the pistol discharged and based upon the bullet path, had the dispatcher been a second slower, it would have gotten him right in the head.

I took the gun away from him, yelled at him, and called his chief threatening to ban him forever from the facility and criminal charges. We finally compromised on a three day suspension without pay, and a trip to the academy to retake the weapons safety course.

After that, he became a poster child for weapons safety.

Good job for getting that drilled into him and holding him responsible. Too bad it had to come to that to wake his butt up!

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:29 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I was reading how some folks don't carry a round in the chamber and was remembering one of the more interesting accidental discharges we had. At 1st MPs, we were allowed to carry a magazine in our 1911s, but not one in the chamber for Law enforcement duties. When we came in off the road, and before turning in our weapons, each MP would go up to a clearing barrel, draw his/her pistol, and drop the magazine. They would then pull and lock the slide back, and the patrol supervisor would run a clearing rode down the barrel.

Lt. Johnson was patrol sup that evening, and her tam had just come in. Now Lt. Johnson was a really cool LT. Her major problem in life was someone forgot to tell her she was an officer, but aside from that small issue, she was a really good Platoon Leader. Anyway she'd just gotten all her people cleared, walked up to the clearing barrel, pointed her weapon into it, and instead of dropping the magazine, she works the slide, and pulls the trigger. There's a loud bang, followed by her swearing a blue streak (I didn't know she knew those words). The Captain comes out, looks at her, smiles and says, "Congratulations, Lt. Johnson. You're officially an officer in the US Army."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
All it takes is a momentary brain fart. Unfortunately those become more common the older you get, at least in my case.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Need to practice more Walt! I'll send you some ammo! ;)

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:42 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I haven't kept up with this thread... wow!!

Gamestalker should be buying lottery tickets...
He's either one of the luckiest - or unluckiest - people I've ever heard of as far as his adventures with firearms goes!!

We had a tall fellow here that was shot in the knee with a 30-06.
He was deer hunting with another guy and he somehow mistook him for a deer.
I haven't ever seen any 6'5" deer around here myself...
Anyway - he was lucky because it didn't completely blow his knee out.
He healed up and can still walk, although he has a very noticable limp because his legs are about as long as I am tall!!

When my Dad was the Sheriff, he did the stupidest thing he ever did in his whole life:
He hired his son-in-law for a deputy... His name was Claude.

Now Claude was discharged (negligently??) from the Army and needed a job.
So apparently Dad felt sorry for Claude's dumb ass and convinced the county
commissioners to hire him.

Anyway - Claude was an idiot - had the whole town pissed off at him and
even arrested one of the commissioners for driving under the influence...
Actually chased the guy 16 miles out in the country!!
Ended up wrestling with the commissioner on the ground - in the snow
actually - since it was the middle of winter and hand-cuffing the poor guy.

The commissioner was and older fellow owned a big farm/ranch and never was in
trouble his whole life.

After that - suddenly - the commissioners decided to cut the budget for the Sheriffs
Office exactly what Deputy Claude's salary was... Go figure!!

To cut to the quick here, dip-shit Claude lost his job and ended up having an affair
and my sister divorced his dumb-ass.

She did keep this full length mirror... It had a bullet hole through the frame of it!!
There was one in the wall too, but shit-for-brains fixed that one...

Where did it come from?

Deputy Claude standing in front of the mirror doing his quick-draw!!

My sister said he'd rub the brim of his hat while staring at himself in the mirror...
Then pull his gun!!

He shot the mirror and my sister kept it figuring it would be a good bit of evidence
to show the judge if Claude decided to be "unreasonable" during the divorce!! (-:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail