It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Movie AmeriGeddon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
George Taylor wrote:
Their website says $329. I bought my 995s almost 10 years ago. They call them "Classic" now. Seems like everything related to firearms was incredibly cheap back then. A box of 22s was $1.50 at the farm store.

That's not that bad a price... I checked with Davidsons wholesale and it would cost about 285 for me to get one to me and that's at dealer cost.

You might check with slickguns.com and budsgunstore.com and see what they have them going for. Don't wait too long, billary is gonna start trying to take them as soon as she gets in office. I really believe that.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:56 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
My Gander doesn't stock 'em. You gotta pay $25 shipping from their warehouse to the store. I'd be better off buying from Southern Shooters for $269, pay their shipping and my FFL transfer fee.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:10 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

George Taylor wrote:
In my opinion... The premise of the movie is the exact reason the democommies are attempting to pass legislation that will enable them to sue the manufacturers of "assault rifles" out of existence. Kind of interesting that some states are churning out concealed carry permits at a record pace. It seems that individual States are pushing back against a future Soviet States of America. I always thought the hard core preppers were nutjobs. Now I'm not so sure.

Think about that for a second...now I'm going to play the devils advocate...how do liberal non-gun owners think of us normal gun owners? Maybe as nutjobs? My point is that if anyone has a liking for guns they need to be welcomed into the bright side. Prepping is not a matter of psychosis as a lot of folks think it is. However, I too believe it borders that line closely. Nevertheless, it would be better to be prepared for the time when modern conveniences become scarce due to whatever calamity befalls, than to be caught siting and rotating on our thumbs.
Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes...it can all happen anywhere in the USA. Even Oklahoma is having somewhat severe earthquakes, traditionally a severe earthquake free zone. :dunno: A Texas town just got 6 or 7 inches of rain in ONE hour? :huh: Who can breath with that much water coming down? Hurricane Sandy hitting north of New York? No rain in Californication for five years? Mt Saint Helens? East coast, south coast, west coast...what is going to happen on our north coast? :wow:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Being ready is just that. You don't know what's going to happen. A few years back we had flooding in the area, and the Towns of Miliken/Johnstown basically became islands for a bit. Now we're not even close to a total "End of the World" scenario. The cable TV still worked, power was never lost, and city water was still working just fine (though there were problems downstream where mobile homes got washed away). You just couldn't get into the communities or out except via a long walk through fields or by air,

However, water did come into some neighborhoods, and the elderly and those who needed medical care were evaced by local fire, EMS, and police.

My Son-in-law, and others who were isolated, started keeping an eye on things in their neighborhood, and they did catch a couple of guys trying to break into the houses of people who had been evacuated. They held them at gun point till the police (actually city fire) arrived. They arrested the two, zipped tied their hands behind their backs and took them away. So, you don't even have to get close to a really bad scenario to have need of some prep work already done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
I don't consider myself a prepper but many folks do. I just prepare for some of the things we don't usually foresee.

My wife wound up unemployed and all we had was my income. We had food to eat because of what we had put back. Had a little cash saved that helped so the bills didn't get too far behind.

Had plenty of ammo so I could keep shooting too.

The not working ate up all the savings. My wife (her name is Carol) is a hard worker but didn't want to go back to the same job and rut that has shit benefits but has found a part time job as a teachers helper at the Catholic school and I think she likes it more than she says.

I wound up able to get day shifts so she makes breakfast and supper and we eat together twice a day now.

She claims she still likes my company even after 26 years of marriage.

I think I went off track a bit.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:37 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Tolly - You know we never go "off track" around here!! (-:

Thinking about a possible "doomsday" scenario is interesting...

What would it be?? Randy sure named several things

Will it be a national bankruptcy?? $20,000,000,000,000 isn't exactly "chump change"!!

I believe if our government would GTF out of the way and let free enterprise do its thing, we could get out of this highgantic debt hole.
If the government would simply lower taxes and quit punishing success, the rich will get richer - but so does everyone else!!
The stupid liberal fu*ks have this phrase they love to use - Started in the "Decaded of Greed" - the 1980's.

It's this: "Trickle Down Economics"

Now I think the liberals believe this is what it is:
Lower taxes on the rich - and instead of just sitting on their wealth and letting our country suck it, they decide to use their money.
New business start and old businesses become more active.
Economic activity starts slow, but ramps up and soon explodes into a huge "economic recovery".

But what happens?? The rich (and the not-so-rich!!) risk their money and often reap huge profits for themselves.
When the rich are making lots of money, they hire people and can afford to pay them well - and they spend lots of money too.

With lots more employed people working, they're also buying stuff and paying more taxes

And it continues on down the line.
The liberals say the money is "trickling down" to us.
But, I believe this is simply how the economy works!!
People doing stuff to benefit themselves ends up benefiting everyone!!

I'd like the stupid liberals to explain to me if there is some other way this is supposed to work...
Maybe if we steal all the rich peoples money, we can all have a cushy government job!!
After all, our blood sucking federal government is the nations largest employer...

I love it when Killery says "America needs to INVEST" in whatever BS she spouts...
So apparently the government can offer some kind of "training" or "education" to people - then what??
Get a job??
From Who??
A rich business owner would be my guess...

Figure it out!! - - When was the last time a poor person gave you a job??

Confiscating and/or stealing rich peoples money and punishing success does NOT bring the country prosperity.
That doesn't even make any sense.
In fact - That's exactly the liberal democrats economic plan has always been - and it's pure stupidity.
If you possess even an ounce of common sense you can understand that ain't gonna work.

So if you get your jollies watching the government screw over the wealthy...
Well - I hope you enjoy having no insurance and living off food stamps, and then blaming the Republicans for everything.
It's time for you liberals to pull your head out of your ass before it's too late.

Now there's some going "off track" for ya Tolley!! :mrgreen:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:57 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

srtolly wrote:

She claims she still likes my company even after 26 years of marriage.

I think I went off track a bit.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My wife claims the same thing...it's a women thing I suspect, they are stuck with us at this late stage so no sense rocking the boat. :groan:

jasonsch wrote:
Tolly - You know we never go "off track" around here!! (-:

Thinking about a possible "doomsday" scenario is interesting...

What would it be?? Randy sure named several things

Will it be a national bankruptcy?? $20,000,000,000,000 isn't exactly "chump change"!!

I believe if our government would GTF out of the way and let free enterprise do its thing, we could get out of this highgantic debt hole.
If the government would simply lower taxes and quit punishing success, the rich will get richer - but so does everyone else!!
The stupid liberal fu*ks have this phrase they love to use - Started in the "Decaded of Greed" - the 1980's.

It's this: "Trickle Down Economics"

Now there's some going "off track" for ya Tolley!! :mrgreen:

I deleted the most important parts. Nevertheless, Jason- I want your money...all of it. :whistle: :yes2: :whip:

Now tell us what you really think.... :mrgreen: :ninja: :LOL:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail