Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Holster help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
Passerby
Passerby

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Posts: 6
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Age: 24
Need some opinions about holsters.

I am looking for and IWB for my Shield. At the moment I am leaning toward Alien Gear. They have their 2 holsters for $75ish dollars. So I could get an IWB & OWB holster for the Shield and then for another $15-$20 get a extra shell for my LCP that can be swapped onto either one.

So...question 1 would be, any personal experience, good or bad on Alien Gear?

And question 2, other favorite IWB options and possibly links to find them?

Thanks everyone in advance


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
I don't have any experience with them, but a guy at work got one.
I'll try to remember to ask him how he likes it.
I'm kinda looking for an IWB for a Shield too.

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:52 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Minnesota
Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Gender: Male
Location: Minnesota
Age: 50
Maybe I need to get a Shield or at least a blue gun for forming and start making holsters for them.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Posts: 8749
Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Gender: Male
Location: Az
Age: 60
cbolt, if you're looking for a quality holster, srtolly is the one to talk to! He make GREAT stuff!

Here's some of his work.

http://stevespages.com/stolly/tolly.htm

_________________
"Is my HP my favorite gun? No... Is it the BEST value? Very likely. Will it work when you need it to go bang? I'd bet my life on it."
Attributed to Ex and he'll take credit for anything he can get!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.



"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
Ex_ISP wrote:
cbolt, if you're looking for a quality holster, srtolly is the one to talk to! He make GREAT stuff!

Here's some of his work.

http://stevespages.com/stolly/tolly.htm

Scott does awesome work
I've got one of his holsters and he threw in a business card holder, both are perfect.

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
srtolly wrote:
Maybe I need to get a Shield or at least a blue gun for forming and start making holsters for them.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

That would be a good one to gear up for, everybody seems to have one these days

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Minnesota
Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Gender: Male
Location: Minnesota
Age: 50
Cornhusker wrote:
That would be a good one to gear up for, everybody seems to have one these days


I'd like to get the Shield in .45 ACP but I'm sure it's isn't the same as the 9mm.

I've been thinking about selling another gun to to get one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
Passerby
Passerby

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Posts: 6
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Age: 24
srtolly wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
That would be a good one to gear up for, everybody seems to have one these days


I'd like to get the Shield in .45 ACP but I'm sure it's isn't the same as the 9mm.

I've been thinking about selling another gun to to get one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk


Brother-in-law has both the Shield 9 and Shield .45. The .45 works in the 9 holster, it is just a little bit more of a snug fit. It is just a touch wider and the barrel is 3.3 instead of 3.1


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
srtolly wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
That would be a good one to gear up for, everybody seems to have one these days


I'd like to get the Shield in .45 ACP but I'm sure it's isn't the same as the 9mm.

I've been thinking about selling another gun to to get one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I've been wanting a Shield in .45 also
I've got the 9 and 40, the .45 would fill the void in my heart :)

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
cbolt wrote:

Brother-in-law has both the Shield 9 and Shield .45. The .45 works in the 9 holster, it is just a little bit more of a snug fit. It is just a touch wider and the barrel is 3.3 instead of 3.1

Which one does he like better?

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Passerby
Passerby

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Posts: 6
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Age: 24
Cornhusker wrote:
cbolt wrote:

Brother-in-law has both the Shield 9 and Shield .45. The .45 works in the 9 holster, it is just a little bit more of a snug fit. It is just a touch wider and the barrel is 3.3 instead of 3.1

Which one does he like better?


He really likes the .45 but the 9 is still his go to for EDC because of comfort level more than anything at this point. I think we have only had it to the range 2 or 3 times.

The grips on the .45 are awesome. I wish S&W put those on the 9


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
cbolt wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
cbolt wrote:

Brother-in-law has both the Shield 9 and Shield .45. The .45 works in the 9 holster, it is just a little bit more of a snug fit. It is just a touch wider and the barrel is 3.3 instead of 3.1

Which one does he like better?


He really likes the .45 but the 9 is still his go to for EDC because of comfort level more than anything at this point. I think we have only had it to the range 2 or 3 times.

The grips on the .45 are awesome. I wish S&W put those on the 9

I'll bet they do start using them on the rest.
I think the M&P M2 is using a similar grip
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-1
Image

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 am 
Offline
Fanatic
Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 pm
Posts: 587
Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Gender: Male
Location: Wisconsin USA
Age: 57
I'd like a holster that's easier to put on and off. I get that they're supposed to be tight so they don't come off while drawing, but the struggle to quickly remove a holster is why I end up with a gun in my back pocket. Puting on a holster shouldn't take longer than the 100 yard walk from my build to my house. I'd like to add a flashlight and carry my JCP on that nightly walk, but I don't have a pocket big enough and every holster I've ever owned is a pain in the a** to put on and remove. I'm open for suggestions.

_________________
"Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape".


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 11281
Location: Western Nebraska
Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Gender: Male
Location: Yonder
Age: 53
George Taylor wrote:
I'd like a holster that's easier to put on and off. I get that they're supposed to be tight so they don't come off while drawing, but the struggle to quickly remove a holster is why I end up with a gun in my back pocket. Puting on a holster shouldn't take longer than the 100 yard walk from my build to my house. I'd like to add a flashlight and carry my JCP on that nightly walk, but I don't have a pocket big enough and every holster I've ever owned is a pain in the a** to put on and remove. I'm open for suggestions.

Have you tried a paddle holster?
I really like the Fobus holsters I have, easy on and easy off and they hold high and tight.
I might get one for my Shield.

_________________
"To tolerate everything is to respect nothing."


--- Rabbi Shraga Silverstein


Come visit Barker Hill. Homesteading, survival, farming and self reliance.

Photobucket sucks


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Holster help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Minnesota
Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Gender: Male
Location: Minnesota
Age: 50
Cornhusker wrote:
George Taylor wrote:
I'd like a holster that's easier to put on and off. I get that they're supposed to be tight so they don't come off while drawing, but the struggle to quickly remove a holster is why I end up with a gun in my back pocket. Puting on a holster shouldn't take longer than the 100 yard walk from my build to my house. I'd like to add a flashlight and carry my JCP on that nightly walk, but I don't have a pocket big enough and every holster I've ever owned is a pain in the a** to put on and remove. I'm open for suggestions.

Have you tried a paddle holster?
I really like the Fobus holsters I have, easy on and easy off and they hold high and tight.
I might get one for my Shield.

Paddle holster is the way to go.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group